Post-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF GAME 2 - #$@&%*!#$@&%*! - CBJ 3 BRUINS 2 2OT - Series tied 1-1

The Garden

Oct 6, 2018
These extra passes are so frustrating. They didn't work in the Toronto series and they still don't work.

Get pucks to the net. One of our goals in this very game was a simple SOG that should have been saved.

Reactions: BruinsFTW

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
This felt more like Ottawa two years ago. Bruins were a better team on paper and should have won the series. B's won Game 1, were in control of Game 2, gave up a goal off a turnover to give the Sens life, fell apart, lost in OT and the entire series changed. Ottawa got life and squeezed out a bunch of OT wins (twice with PPGs).

Man that series was so annoying, Ottawa had like 500 OT powerplays lmfao

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I guess the league wants a new team to win a cup, why else would you assign the horrific Tim Peel to officiate. I'm tired of seeing us getting screwed over in OT, that Riley Nash penalty against Ottawa a few years back is still fresh in my mind, then this. Why do we never get the PP in OT. This is the last year I subscribe to the NHL package and it's all because of the horrendous officiating who ruin the game.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
Well that sux
Think we need to bury more in the first when we are out playen em.
I’ll give Bob some credit tonight he stole one.
Bruins will come back jacked for game 3, hope they (Pasta) can come back and put the puck by Bob with the opportunities they creat

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
I can't recall such a bad game from Bergeron. Top line needs to be better. Pastrnak has to be injured, there is no other reasonable explanation.

That being said. I still think we are the better team.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Said it before the series, refs are going to be bad but you have to play through it. Most every team's fans think the refs are against them. Bottom line is that the Bs played well enough to win the game, but a couple boneheaded penalties, two unforgivable turnovers, and an inability to get a key goal on multiple great chances are why they lost. Period. Rask kept the Bs in this one. Could have been a couple more goals by CBJ on boneheaded plays by the Bs, but Rask came up big. Bs need to keep playing hard and try to cut down on the stupid costly mistakes.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Whatever, just rest up and go into Columbus and win both.

CBJ are trash - didn't have a single scoring chance, not one, that wasn't handed to them on a silver platter. Weren't remotely dangerous all night. Heard Duchene's name exactly twice too. Heard Bergy's about 1002.

Boston's better. They'll rest up and win.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Bruins got worn down, you could see it in the unforced giveaways and inability to ramp up and catch the puck, the penalty calls were infuriating, but if the Bruins had more energy left they probably could have pushed the play enough to draw some calls. I’m thinking this series is going full 7, and this won’t be the last OT game:help:

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
A3BAC572-4478-47B1-8208-75779491035C.gif
I want the real Bergeron back :cry:

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Damn, I was in the other thread replying to this post below when it got shut down......ggggrrrrrrrrrr

Self inflicted. Very frustrating. The top 6 needs to do their part and show up.
I was telling hubby and my son, Cassidy needs to put Kuraly or someone tough on with Bergy and Marchand. Guys are constantly swarming those two. Heinen has been playing great, but he's not tough enough to fend off the players.

The turnovers were just God awful tonight. I was livid when Coyle's turnover lead to a goal, but to be fair to him, he has played like a beast for most of this year's playoffs, and it's not like our two top lines are lighting up the lamp to bail him out of that gaff. McAvoy drove me crazy tonight for some reason. It's like he didn't know what to do with the puck at times. Rough game for a few of our guys. Hopefully with a couple of nights off, they get some rest and just put this one behind and move on to win at least one game in Columbus.

Was it just us here at our house, or is the Columbus team full of whiners? People talk about Sidney Crosby being a whiner, but several of the Blue Jackets tonight make him seem like an angel. Dear God, they never stopped yapping at the refs- every little thing from penalties to offsides calls. Even hubby called them an expletive tonight and told them to shut up, lol.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Bergeron call was legit, If it wasn't for that penalty or the miffed chances I wouldn't have known he was even playing in the series. With that said clear something is wrong. Ditto for Pasta.

There's no ref conspiracy. Top line is brutal right now and team made too many critical errors.
Bergeron is going to be furious at himself after that game. Take the rest. Turn it around on Tuesday.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I love how some people want to blame players for not playing well, when playing hockey is actually hard, but they want to absolve the refs when they suck, when their job is about 100x easier than the players.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Just good playoff hockey, red hot goalie.

But the best line in hockey has to be better.
They need a tough guy with Bergy and Marchand- Kuraly maybe? I'd say try Wagner, but I think he's still playing injured. So frustrating watching both the first and second lines being outplayed most of the night. Coyle's line really was the only one able to keep it in their zone for most of their shifts.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It’s miraculous they’ve made it here, 1-1 in round two with their top 6 playing like fresh wet dog shit.

Somethings gotta give eventually. It’s gotta get remarkably better or things will end remarkably quick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad