GDT: ECSF #6|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals|If this is it, we still celebrate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Murray was a guy we knew was going to have a lower ceiling than MAF but a higher floor. He's not stealing games but he's not straight up losing them. He's in that pocket of trying not to lose them and our defense is acting like he's going to be a star stealing games. Sure I wish he grabbed us a game or two, but that isn't his MO. It's to simply not give up such poopers that it changes everything. In one word, I'd describe him as okay. Maybe neutral.

So it is what it is. He's not some overly athletic goalie who is going to steal us a series. That's for our roster to do.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Hope everyone is okay with him costing the team another game then.

We're more okay with that than thinking Hunwick or one of the AHL defensemen will do better. The Penguins would look worse if they didn't play their #1 defenseman at all than they would if he had another bad game.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
After what this team has represented and accomplished the last two seasons I'm proud of them no matter what!!! It's been a hell of a run very few can match and am thankful to our team! That being said We have a lot of guys playing hurt (key guys at that) and this season a lot of inconsistent play from our blue line. So IF this it it's been awesome, and hopefully some much needed changes come in the off season. LET'S GO PENS!

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
I'm going to be annoyingly sunny here for a moment....

Remember, back in 09 when MAF had that terrible game 5 and then, in game 6, the entire arena chanted for him loudly and he gave up 2 goals in the next 2 games to win the cup?

Hell, maybe they should just cheer our collective yinzer butts off for the French Astronaut tonight and see what happens. Why not?

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I'm one of Letang's biggest detractors, but it would be batshit crazy to sit him. That talk is nonsense.

Reactions: BillPrep

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
I'm going to be annoyingly sunny here for a moment....

Remember, back in 09 when MAF had that terrible game 5 and then, in game 6, the entire arena chanted for him loudly and he gave up 2 goals in the next 2 games to win the cup?

Hell, maybe they should just cheer our collective yinzer butts off for the French Astronaut tonight and see what happens. Why not?
Doubt he could hear me from Warwood, but - Eh, what the hell?!?

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
I will not be upset with this team is we lose. They knocked out the flyers and won back to back cups. I'd love to stop Washington from ever seeing the third round though.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Murray was a guy we knew was going to have a lower ceiling than MAF but a higher floor. He's not stealing games but he's not straight up losing them. He's in that pocket of trying not to lose them and our defense is acting like he's going to be a star stealing games. Sure I wish he grabbed us a game or two, but that isn't his MO. It's to simply not give up such poopers that it changes everything. In one word, I'd describe him as okay. Maybe neutral.

So it is what it is. He's not some overly athletic goalie who is going to steal us a series. That's for our roster to do.

Uh I'd argue he stole Game 1

But agree fully on your other points

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Uh I'd argue he stole Game 1

But agree fully on your other points

Murray “stole” us quite a few games the last two PO runs...he is fully capable, just has been really inconsistent this year....hopefully he’s back to back to his game breaking self next year....

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
You drop Letang in the lineup before sitting him. I bet if he played Ruh's minutes and competition, he would look fantastic. So sitting him is just horribly dumb.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Daley is worse than Hunwick now.

I know watching a Red Wings game is torture but after watching a few, you can easily see that Daley was done. He looked bad here at the end.

I'm stuck with being in the Wings' market and you're correct: Daley's knees are going to go anyday now.

I think he's got another 3 yrs on his contract PLUS a No Trade Clause. Ken Holland is the gift that keeps giving! :laugh:

Reactions: PensandCaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad