GDT: ECSF #6|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals|If this is it, we still celebrate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
DZtt5RtXcAA_FQM.jpg

cut.jpg

MATCH: Penguins vs. Capitals
SERIES: Second Round, 3-2 WSH
TIME: 7 p.m. EST
PLACE: PPG Paints Arena
TV: NBCSN
RADIO: 105.9 FM, the X​

5 THINGS
The Pens face elimination for the first time this playoffs. The team is 4-0 all-time in elimination games under head coach Mike Sullivan. The last time the club trailed 3-2 in a series was in the 2016 Eastern Conference Final against Tampa Bay.

2. Jake Guentzel (21 points) and Sidney Crosby (20) rank Nos. 1 and 2 in the NHL in postseason scoring.

3. Crosby scored his 66th career playoff goal in Game 5, surpassing Jaromir Jagr for 2nd place on the team's all-time list - 10 behind leader Mario Lemieux.

4. Washington's Nicklas Backstrom suffered an upper-body injury in Game 5. He traveled to Pittsburgh and is expected to be in the lineup for Game 6.

5. The Caps used rookie Jakub Vrana on the top line with Alex Ovechkin and Evgeny Kuznetsov in place of the suspended Tom Wilson. He recorded 3 points (1G-2A), including the game-winning goal. The top line combined for 7 points (2G-5A).

Game Preview: Pens-Caps (Game 6)

If this is it
If this is the game that ends this insane wave that we've been riding, it's been one hell of a ride. I know it will be bittersweet, but pop a champagne bottle and celebrate an epic journey that probably will never be duplicated.

Never forget how blessed we are to have Mario, Sid, Jagr, Geno and be able to enjoy hockey the way we have. 5 Stanley Cups since 1990. Some teams would kill for one. It's been such an amazingly blessed and fun journey to share with friends and family. If tonight we come up short, just kick back and think about how truly awesome it has been.

Never forget what Badger said - "It's a Great Day For Hockey" and if you need another great Badger quote:

"I'm always optimistic. It's the only way to live life, ya know? Don't hang your head. Life is too short. Every day is a bonus. Don't ever forget that. It's a bonus." ~ Bob Johnson

97040c028daa82c6bfdce3202338dec6.jpg

Pittsburgh Penguins:
Guentzel-Crosby-Simon
Hagelin-Malkin-Hornqvist
Sheary-Sheahan-Kessel
Kuhnhackl-Brassard-Rust

Dumoulin-Letang
Oleksiak-Schultz
Maatta-Ruhwedel

Murray

Washington Capitals:
Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Vrana
Stephenson-Backstrom-Oshie
Connolly-Eller-DSP
???-Beagle-Chiasson

Kempny-Carlson
Orlov-Niskanen
Orpik-Djoos

Holtby

upload_2018-4-29_9-49-15-png.117899
upload_2018-4-29_9-49-15-png.117899

sQZxvlG.png
sQZxvlG.png

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Wait so is Backstrom supposed to be playing or not??

I’m getting mixed signals here, but that sounds probably what Trotz wants either way.

We know we have it in us to double down (triple down?) and play a great game. Everyone just has to play simple and play fast and tenacious.

LET’S GO PENS

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Caps have 2 chances to beat us
Pens have 2 chances to lose

If we lose let's lose in a blowout. 7-6 final...Jake 3 points and Crosby 4 points, both finish with 24 points in 12 games for 2 points a game average. Although we would still lose with 2 players at 2 points a game average

Dear god that's embarrassing...they ARE the team.

psu711

Jan 29, 2007
Allentown
Lets F'N GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

rick6668

Jan 22, 2013
Rochester, NY
If this is it
If this is the game that ends this insane wave that we've been riding, it's been one hell of a ride. I know it will be bittersweet, but pop a champagne bottle and celebrate an epic journey that probably will never be duplicated.

Never forget how blessed we are to have Mario, Sid, Jagr, Geno and be able to enjoy hockey the way we have. 5 Stanley Cups since 1990. Some teams would kill for one. It's been such an amazingly blessed and fun journey to share with friends and family. If tonight we come up short, just kick back and think about how truly awesome it has been.

Never forget what Badger said - "It's a Great Day For Hockey" and if you need another great Badger quote:

"I'm always optimistic. It's the only way to live life, ya know? Don't hang your head. Life is too short. Every day is a bonus. Don't ever forget that. It's a bonus." ~ Bob Johnson

:nod:
Well said.

Reactions: ColePens

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I'm not even anxious. Like I've said repeatedly, I'm at peace with whatever happens this season because these guys have given us so much to celebrate these last two years.

I think I'm more frustrated because I truly believe tonight would have been a formality had they not shit the bed on Saturday. The way the Caps whined after game 4 and the way you could feel the negative energy through the TV from the fans and the Caps as the Pens were dominating game 5, I sincerely believe they would have rolled over tonight.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
Have to play like the 2nd period of game 5 AND limit Letangs minutes. If we are up or the game is tied in the third you spot shift him against the Caps 3rd/4th lines. The guy is a liability right now and has been all season. At home we can try and limit the damage he causes.

Reactions: Angrrus

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Only team ever to win back to back in the salary cap Era. And yet some people will still complain if they lose today or Wednesday.

Reactions: RizzleMcRib
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad