GDT: ECSF #6 - 05/09/17 | senators @ RANGERS | 7:30 - NBCSN, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Can't even imagine what this thread will be like if it ends. Dear God. Force a Seven boys.

Won't be pretty, that's for sure. This series should've been over by now with the Rangers winning 4-1. Instead, we gifted Ottawa two wins and now backs are against the wall.

I hope this team comes out with urgency. A 1st period like Edmonton had the other night would be swell.

Score early and and dictate the pace and if you get a good lead the Sens will start to throw in the towel and resign themselves to the fact that there will be a game 7.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Can we have Game 2 Kreider of the regular season please? That guy was not to be trifled with

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
My whole mantra throughout the playoffs so far is 'the cream always rises to the top'...

I believe that the Rangers are the better team and have been the better team during this series. Some questionable coaching decisions and bad luck have led to an unfortunate loss in three games.

However, if each and every one of them come to play tonight they will live to see Game 7. At that point, with everything on the line, is where I believe the cream would rise to the top and they will come out on top.

I am fully aware that the mantra isn't scientific by any measure, because hockey can be random and the Sens can get a few lucky breaks tonight and win the series, but collectively as a group, this Rangers team should be up right now, and they should be able to come out of this series on top.

If they don't, there will be plenty of blame to go around from coaching, to the top players underperforming all playoffs long (we know who they are)

They win and lose as a team. Lets hope they are as good of a team as we all know they can be.

LGR!

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
I agree about the experience factor. If we are banking on this, I think we'll be in trouble tonight. I'd rather they come out hungry, like they did last week at home.

Despite blowing a two-goal lead yet again in Gm 5, I felt pretty good and thought we were going pull through after getting the tying goal near the end of the second period and heading into the third tied. And then getting the Vesey goal late in the third. But I should've known better. And, going back to that 7-6 Dallas regular season loss where they gave up like 3 goals in a minute or something like that, that should've told us a lot about their shortage of mental composure. I'm now not surprised they've blown all these postseason games.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Won't be pretty, that's for sure. This series should've been over by now with the Rangers winning 4-1. Instead, we gifted Ottawa two wins and now backs are against the wall.

I hope this team comes out with urgency. A 1st period like Edmonton had the other night would be swell.

Score early and and dictate the pace and if you get a good lead the Sens will start to throw in the towel and resign themselves to the fact that there will be a game 7.

Or come back to tie in regulation and win in OT as they've been apt do do and we've been apt to let them.

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
My whole mantra throughout the playoffs so far is 'the cream always rises to the top'...

I believe that the Rangers are the better team and have been the better team during this series. Some questionable coaching decisions and bad luck have led to an unfortunate loss in three games.

However, if each and every one of them come to play tonight they will live to see Game 7. At that point, with everything on the line, is where I believe the cream would rise to the top and they will come out on top.

I am fully aware that the mantra isn't scientific by any measure, because hockey can be random and the Sens can get a few lucky breaks tonight and win the series, but collectively as a group, this Rangers team should be up right now, and they should be able to come out of this series on top.

If they don't, there will be plenty of blame to go around from coaching, to the top players underperforming all playoffs long (we know who they are)

They win and lose as a team. Lets hope they are as good of a team as we all know they can be.

LGR!

ns3gME.gif

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Or come back to tie in regulation and win in OT as they've been apt do do and we've been apt to let them.

I think hopefully at least, subconsciously, the Sens players may roll over if we get out to a nice lead early, knowing they have Game 7 at home in 2 days and have won all games there.

I'm not saying they're going to concede the game straight away, but if we get a 3 goal lead, I'll feel pretty comfortable it will look like Game 4.

Either way, our group needs to come out with their best effort of the series. Play how they did in Game 4. Structured defensively, don't give up many chances, don't let traffic get in front of Hank. Offensively, roll 4 lines, pin them in their zone, use our speed and dictate the pace of the game.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Despite blowing a two-goal lead yet again in Gm 5, I felt pretty good and thought we were going pull through after getting the tying goal near the end of the second period and heading into the third tied. And then getting the Vesey goal late in the third. But I should've known better. And, going back to that 7-6 Dallas regular season loss where they gave up like 3 goals in a minute or something like that, that should've told us a lot about their shortage of mental composure. I'm now not surprised they've blown all these postseason games.

I knew it was a really bad sign when they kept icing the puck with less than two minutes left. I had to cover my eyes.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I think hopefully at least, subconsciously, the Sens players may roll over if we get out to a nice lead early, knowing they have Game 7 at home in 2 days and have won all games there.

I'm not saying they're going to concede the game straight away, but if we get a 3 goal lead, I'll feel pretty comfortable it will look like Game 4.

Either way, our group needs to come out with their best effort of the series. Play how they did in Game 4. Structured defensively, don't give up many chances, don't let traffic get in front of Hank. Offensively, roll 4 lines, pin them in their zone, use our speed and dictate the pace of the game.

When I read that line I had flashbacks of Hank handling the puck and giving it right to Ottawa to make it 2-1 right before the end of the first. My stomach turned.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Marc and Dan have seen it before, and in the past, a lot of times they have responded real well.
I put a lot of faith and trust in how they’re going to play in those pressure situations and in their abilities to get it done.
- Alain Vigneault
I am so happy to hear this I am going to huff snuggles fabric softener.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Neil being in the lineup actually indirectly helps the Senators because it forces Boucher to play his better players more, so instead of giving Tommy Wingels 14 minutes, he gives Neil 2 minutes and then spreads the rest out among Stone, Hoffman, Ryan et al.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Two capital cities going at it. I'd rather see the Pens against Ottawa. That way all of Canada will see what dirtbags the Pens and Cindy really are.
It would mean either Washington making their first SCF appearance in the Ovechkin era, or the Rangers blowing a relatively easy SCF path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad