TIME | 7:30 PM ET VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | NBCSN, CBC

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: NOT ALLOWED | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

Every playoff game should be played with desperation. For me, I do play every playoff game with desperation.
Now we have to be desperate the next game. That has to be everyone’s mindset. I don’t care who you are.
- Mats Zuccarello

Disappointed and frustrated, obviously. You just have to go home and regroup like we did last time.
- Henrik Lundqvist

Marc and Dan have seen it before, and in the past, a lot of times they have responded real well.
I put a lot of faith and trust in how they’re going to play in those pressure situations and in their abilities to get it done.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="OTTAWA SENATORS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 11 | GF | 30
W | 7 | GA | 31
L | 4 | GF/G | 2.73
HOME | 4-2 | GA/G | 2.82
AWAY | 3-2 | PP% | 15.4
STREAK | W1 | PK% | 86.1
PIM/G | 13:05 | FO% | 51.9

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Jean Pageau | 6 Assists | Erik Karlsson | 10 Points | Erik Karlsson | 11 + / - | Jean Pageau | +4 Shots | Derick Brassard | 33 Hits | Marc Methot | 43 Blocks | Cody Ceci | 35 PIM | Alex Burrows | 16 FO% | Jean Pageau | 55.1 TOI/G F: | Mark Stone | 20:57 TOI/G D: | Erik Karlsson | 28:57

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
mike HOFFMANN | kyle TURRIS (A) | clarke MACARTHUR
viktor STALBERG | derick BRASSARD | alex BURROWS
mark STONE | jean PAGEAU | bobby RYAN
tom PYATT | zack SMITH | chris NEIL?

LD | RD
marc METHOT (A) | erik KARLSSON (C)
dion PHANEUF | cody CECI
fredrik CLAESSON | chris WIDEMAN

Scratched
ryan DZINGEL |
tommy WINGELS |
jyrki JOKIPAKKA |
andreas ENGLUND |
ben HARPUR |
colin WHITE |

STARTING GOALIE:

Anderson-Craig2.png

Craig Anderson

GPI: 11 | W: 7 | L: 4 | PIM: 0
SV% .909 | GAA: 2.53 | SA: 331 | SO: 1

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Mark Borowiecki | Lower body (DTD)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 11 | GF | 32
W | 6 | GA | 26
L | 5 | GF/G | 2.91
HOME | 4-1 | GA/G | 2.36
AWAY | 2-4 | PP% | 8.6
STREAK | L1 | PK% | 88.9
PIM/G | 12:05 | FO% | 47.6

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Grabner, Skjei, Zucc | 4 Assists | Mika Zibanejad | 6 Points | McD, Zibanejad | 7 + / - | Brendan Smith | +9 Shots | Rick Nash | 38 Hits | Holden, McDonagh | 38 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 40 PIM | J.T. Miller | 21 FO% | Oscar Lindberg | 52.3 TOI/G F: | Derek Stepan | 21:00 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 27:16

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
jimmy VESEY | derek STEPAN (A) | rick NASH (A)
chris KREIDER | mika ZIBANEJAD | mats ZUCCARELLO
michael GRABNER | kevin HAYES | jesper FAST
tanner GLASS? | oscar LINDBERG | j.t MILLER

LD | RD
ryan MCDONAGH (C) | dan GIRARDI (A)
marc STAAL (A) | nick HOLDEN
brady SKJEI | brendan SMITH

Scratched
steve KAMPFER |
matt PUEMPEL |
adam CLENDENING
kevin KLEIN |
pavel BUCHNEVICH |
brandon PIRRI |

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 11 | W: 6 | L: 5 | PIM: 0
SV% .930 | GAA: 2.18 | SA: 370 | SO: 1

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

|

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboys5.png

Last edited:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It would be a real waste if NYR blew this season.

The West is a weaker set of teams than usual, and I'd like to see this roster test itself against Pitt or Washington. Give us a real idea of where we stand.

But I fully expect NYR to give it a good go with their backs against the wall as they so often do.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Everyone talks about Skjei and Smith needing to be out there. What if they actually can't go out there? We turtle often and are forced to ice the puck. You know Girard will be good for at least 5 icings per game anyway, never mind the last minute of the game. To exasperate that, we suck on draws. If we don't win some d-zone draws and chip the puck out to get some line changes and relieve the pressure , Girardi, Staal, and Holden will be out there bungling it up no matter what. Our centers and forwards suck on draws. This doesn't absolve AV, but our downfall will be accomplished as a group.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Very nervous about this one. I hope this isn't the game where we don't get the first goal and can't penetrate through the neutral zone thereafter. Please score first. Go Rangers!

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It`s not Rangers if not a G7 - let`s go!!

Zucc will take an early summer vacation to get ready for new season if they are out tonight - that`s already confirmed in the media.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Very nervous about this one. I hope this isn't the game where we don't get the first goal and can't penetrate through the neutral zone thereafter. Please score first. Go Rangers!

I think they're pretty close to being toast if they don't score first or at least get through the first period even or up. This is a pretty mentally fragile team. Don't let all the talk about their experience and playing the most post-season hockey this side of Chicago and LA the past few years fool anyone.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
It`s not Rangers if not a G7 - let`s go!!

Zucc will take an early summer vacation to get ready for new season if they are out tonight - that`s already confirmed in the media.

He really needs an "A" next year.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Your free trial to the Brady ice time tracker™ has been successfully activated! We will now provide you with periodic updates during the game and as a limited time bonus, you're also receiving the "Why Is Marc Staal on the ice?" tracker™

If we go down tonight with Staal getting more ice time than Skjei, it'll be one frustrating off season like a sneeze that won't come out.

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC
This is either going to resemble games 3 and 4 or game 7 of ECF. No in between.

Let's get it boys.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
All the "passengers" that we have on this team better decide it's time to show up. Now is the time. Let's see what they're made of. Get the popcorn.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Everyone talks about Skjei and Smith needing to be out there. What if they actually can't go out there? We turtle often and are forced to ice the puck. You know Girard will be good for at least 5 icings per game anyway, never mind the last minute of the game. To exasperate that, we suck on draws. If we don't win some d-zone draws and chip the puck out to get some line changes and relieve the pressure , Girardi, Staal, and Holden will be out there bungling it up no matter what. Our centers and forwards suck on draws. This doesn't absolve AV, but our downfall will be accomplished as a group.

I think the issue is, they are not good in their own zone, and like you said poor on face-offs, so why do they try to turtle in the first place?

I assume some of that is the players nature, to protect and not take chances, yet some portion has to be on coaching too. If he is going to shorten his bench, he should be shortening it towards the players who are willing and have the ability to still take some chances.

Rangers are good on the rush, in the playoffs they have even been pretty good at forechecking, not attempting to do either of those things once leading later in a game leaves them doing what they are not good at, playing in their own zone.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think they're pretty close to being toast if they don't score first or at least get through the first period even or up. This is a pretty mentally fragile team. Don't let all the talk about their experience and playing the most post-season hockey this side of Chicago and LA the past few years fool anyone.

I agree about the experience factor. If we are banking on this, I think we'll be in trouble tonight. I'd rather they come out hungry, like they did last week at home.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Come out like sharks in the first and hunt the prey. This is an experienced bunch. All they talk about is having experience. Show it tonight and force a seven.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Your free trial to the Brady ice time trackerâ„¢ has been successfully activated! We will now provide you with periodic updates during the game and as a limited time bonus, you're also receiving the "Why Is Marc Staal on the ice?" trackerâ„¢

If we go down tonight with Staal getting more ice time than Skjei, it'll be one frustrating off season like a sneeze that won't come out.

:laugh: :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad