GDT: ECSF #5|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals|Don't let me down

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
I missed last game with a good result. My wife just informed me that there is a birthday party for our friends little girl which will naturally turn into late night for the adults which starts right at 4. She does not expect me to go but maybe I should.

Let's go Pens!! Do it tonight.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The amount of confidence in Sprong on here is straight up bizarre.

It’s not that....he may do nothing at all, like Donato last night....

But nothing is absolutely better than Phil flubbing, sending passes to the Caps, making horrific TOs....at least he has a chance to do something and we know now that Phil (or Sheary) does not....

Reactions: Extra Texture

exHornet

May 14, 2014
Phil isn't sitting until Phil wants to sit. And he hasn't sat in about a decade. You don't piss on superstars like this. That is just the way it is.

And no, you don't know better than Sullivan, so don't suggest that you do.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
All this Sprong talk is silly. Sullivan isn't playing him.
Right. Unless we start stringing together a few 1-0 losses or Phil comes out of the lineup, Sprong isn't seeing this post season.

Pens win games when they keep the other team to 2 or fewer goals. We lose the games when we get into high scoring affairs. Not sure how Sprong helps with that.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Will be watching game at buddies place so I wont be around until late. Go Pens! 4-1 win, Jake 3 points all being goals.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It’s not that....he may do nothing at all, like Donato last night....

But nothing is absolutely better than Phil flubbing, sending passes to the Caps, making horrific TOs....at least he has a chance to do something and we know now that Phil (or Sheary) does not....

Scratching Phil for a rookie that hasn’t played in months in Game 5 of a playoff series is one of the stupidest ideas I’ve heard on here.

Phil can win a game with one flick of his wrist. No matter how injured he is. Unless he’s too injured to play obviously.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
Pens need to play exactly like the last game. Less loosy goosy than the past few games and your typical road game.

That full 200' game is Pens hockey not the trading chances game.

Hoping to see Letang on the first unit LW spot. Get a player that can one time pucks there and frees up Kessel to go against lesser defenses on the 2nd unit.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Pens need to play exactly like the last game. Less loosy goosy than the past few games and your typical road game.

That full 200' game is Pens hockey not the trading chances game.

Hoping to see Letang on the first unit LW spot. Get a player that can one time pucks there and frees up Kessel to go against lesser defenses on the 2nd unit.

Yeah, it is the obvious move. Run the PP through Schultz and Malkin. Let Letang rover.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Scratching Phil for a rookie that hasn’t played in months in Game 5 of a playoff series is one of the stupidest ideas I’ve heard on here.

Phil can win a game with one flick of his wrist. No matter how injured he is. Unless he’s too injured to play obviously.

Well he looks too injured to play effectively to me....haven’t seen anything from him at all this series and not just scoring...that’s usually not the case with him....

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
My buddy says the Pens need to win this series for him to remain a fan. Losing to the Caps would scar forever g
for him. Felt like throwing him out...

As for the game, I think Kessel finally breaks out tonight. But, I don't know if that will guarantee a win. This Caps team ( Whether we want to admit it or not) looks different from years past.

pretzel

May 5, 2017
A little nervous about this one but hopefully our guys can pull it off.

Would like to see Brassard finally break through here. His results so far have been uninspiring and we paid a big price for him. If he gets rolling and Sheahan keeps it up I don’t know if any team will be able to overcome the Pens centre depth, especially with Sid looking like he’s using pure will to win us games.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad