GDT: ECSF #5|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals|Don't let me down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I’m just at the point where the scoring depth needs to contribute in this series or they can **** off. I’m not pissed about all of their level of play but ffs.

STOP DEFENDING SHEARY OMG.

Kidding. Stop glaring at me.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
With Malkin’s hampered skating ability, I’d put him with our two fastest wingers in Hags and Rust. Maybe Rust can rebound in that role.

Keep Sid with Guentzel and Simon.

Sheary and PH do well together. Put them with Sheahan and they could do well.

Put Brassard with Sprong in a sheltered role and see if they can spark one another.

Brassard with a shooter like Sprong just seems way too obvious of a move.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I don't expect us to beat Tampa, if they close it out against Boston. I'd be alright with losing to the Bolts. But god dammit, I wanna beat Washington. I will be irrationally upset if we lose this series.

Win tonight. Whatever it takes. Show up, do your job.
I prefer we don't lose at all but I suspect you're right, if we get by this series TB looks too strong barring MM standing on his head and Kessel coming back to life. But if we somehow get through this series we'll set an all time franchise record with winning 10 consecutive rounds in the playoffs. That's very impressive no matter how you slice it.

Reactions: flaneur

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
20c9i5.jpg

Yeah. If we could get some secondary scoring, that would be greatttt.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Based on the fact that his shooting/passing seem off as well as his skating, I'd guess Kessel's got a sports hernia or something. That boy just ain't right.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
If Phil can’t shoot Sprong should play simply to take his role on the 1st PP unit. Although there are more reasons why Sprong should play, that is a pretty logical decision. I have faith that our coaches will make the right decision.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If Phil can’t shoot Sprong should play simply to take his role on the 1st PP unit. Although there are more reasons why Sprong should play, that is a pretty logical decision. I have faith that our coaches will make the right decision.

If Phil's injury (whatever it is) is preventing him from shooting or even passing well, he should be replaced on the top PP unit by Guentzel.

A big part of the PP's struggles is Phil constantly flubbing the puck.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
If Sprong gets a chance, either for Sheary or Phil, I hope he kills it. I want that kid to succeed so badly. He's gonna be so damn fun to watch if he becomes the player he can potentially be.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
If Phil's injury (whatever it is) is preventing him from shooting or even passing well, he should be replaced on the top PP unit by Guentzel.

Well the Pens did go 2 for 4 on the PP in game four, but admittedly that was in spite of Phil. That said, that is not struggling. Malkin back is huge.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Well the Pens did go 2 for 4 on the PP in game four, but admittedly that was in spite of Phil. That said, that is not struggling. Malkin back is huge.

The 2 for 4 was misleading, though, because one of those PP goals was Jake's EN goal to make it 3-1. In reality, the Pens went 1 for 3 on the PP, and really didn't look dangerous on any of the three.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh

Agreed, Sprong or Guentzel either works— just suggested Sprong because of handedness.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I’d take 1 out of 3 on the PP. Not sure if Meatloaf would.

Well yeah, obviously I'd take them going 1 for 3 over their usual 0 for 3 this series. I'm just saying that even then, they didn't look good at all on the PP. And a big part of that is Kessel struggling as much as he is, because it runs through him so much.

Reactions: That1Kid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad