GDT: ECSF #5|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals|Don't let me down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
In honor of the thread title, don’t bring me down Pens!
Don’t bring me down, Phil (there’s a hot dog in this version!), Brassard, Geno (no stupid penalty), Letang (brain freeze), Sheary and Rust...Let’s go boys!

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
"Cinco de Geno"

Elaine to OV

“Cinco de Mayo, Stanley Cup chances are going bye bye-o”

BcRbQ4JCQAAzKem.jpg

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’d really like them to come out, clog the neutral zone and play rope-a-dope because of all the injuries, lack of secondary scoring...If they can play a 60-minute game like period 3 of last game, they stand a good chance of winning....they will avoid all of the stupid plays that led to those 2 on 1s....

Huge game! If they can’t win this one, I’m not going to have a lot of hope that they will win two in a row in this series because they haven’t done it yet....

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
I have some bad news guys. There will not be any guacamole made today during the second intermission. The boys are on their own today and will need to win it without my guac!

Reactions: Ogrezilla

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Both games in Washington the Pens gave up an early goal. Need a better start tonight.

It's like a broken record lately but we need some guys to step up and put the puck in the net.

Lets Go Pens!

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I know we have our injuries( which is mainly why there is a game tonight) but looking at these lineups there is no reason the Pens shouldnt take over tonight. Caps already lost Mojo, Williams, Schmidt, etc. No Bura or Wilson now. While we have Malkin and Hagelin back. Their lineup is thin.

They are down to 4 players who can beat Murray's glove side. We saw last game when others were going for it on odd man rushes...over the net. They cant pick their spots like AO and Kuznetzov(who also might have an injured wrist).

We havent scored more than 3 goals yet, if our depth finally steps up this should be the first "relaxing" 3rd period of the series. Pens always had at least one or two of those in each series the last 3 years

With the lack of depth scoring we're getting, the Caps can say the exact same thing about the Pens. "They've got like 4 guys who can score, and the rest can't".

Reactions: PartyatMarios

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Pens have won 3 straight games in every series against Caps in Crosby/Malkin era.

And its still an option in this series.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
So. Game Four was honestly a Game Seven for the Pens.

But.

Now Game Five is another Game Seven.

NHL really screwed them over with this schedule....

Let's
Go
Pens!

Reactions: tom_servo

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Who would have guessed that this far in the series the Caps' bottom six would outplay the Pens' bottom six?

Reverse that and this series would be over already.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I don't expect us to beat Tampa, if they close it out against Boston. I'd be alright with losing to the Bolts. But god dammit, I wanna beat Washington. I will be irrationally upset if we lose this series.

Win tonight. Whatever it takes. Show up, do your job.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I don't expect us to beat Tampa, if they close it out against Boston. I'd be alright with losing to the Bolts. But god dammit, I wanna beat Washington. I will be irrationally upset if we lose this series.

Win tonight. Whatever it takes. Show up, do your job.

That's where I'm at. I'm at peace with the Pens not three-peating because I understand how difficult that was going to be, and winning the back to back Cups makes everything gravy from here on out.

But I don't want it to be Washington who ends the run. Anyone but them.

Reactions: flaneur

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
With Malkin’s hampered skating ability, I’d put him with our two fastest wingers in Hags and Rust. Maybe Rust can rebound in that role.

Keep Sid with Guentzel and Simon.

Sheary and PH do well together. Put them with Sheahan and they could do well.

Put Brassard with Sprong in a sheltered role and see if they can spark one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad