Pre-Game Talk: ECSF (4) Boston Bruins vs. (6) New York Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Perfect Paradox

Beyond Good and Evil
Aug 16, 2007
New York
Going to reserve making a prediction on this one until we see how Clowe, Staal and Powe are doing.

Having Staal and Clowe's physical presence for this series would be huge. We all know the Bruins are going to come out hitting hard as they always do.

Kershaw

Boston wasn't a much better possession team in the reg. season (54.35% BOS vs 53.88% NYR), and didn't dominate the Leafs at ES either (51.40%).

I hope the Rangers pathetic possession play against the Caps is a one-off.

Bruins in 6 is a reasonable prediction, but we usually play the B's very well so I think it goes the distance of 7 games. Since I'm riding high from tonight's win, I'll predict that the Rangers take it in the end.

True, Hank against Boston is:

21W 7L 2OTL .943 Sv% 1.67 GAA 6 SO

I guess Hank is the X factor. Put average NHL goalie on both teams and Boston wins 9 time out of 10. Hank single handily puts teams on his back, I am shocked he has not suffered back injuries yet.

MayorFord

Feb 13, 2007
After having to take a shower for cheering on Boston over Lolronto. Pullin all the way for you guys. Would love to see a Rangers vs. Blackhawks finals. :handclap:

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005
I've been waiting a long time for this. It will be a bloodbath. It was nice liking Lucic for the last few years, time for me to get ready to hate him with an illogical passion.

NYRANGERAMI*

The two best defensive teams in the eastern conference just played a 7 game series. The Rangers and Caps. Im telling you now, any team left better watch out for the Rangers.

NYRANGERAMI*

The only other team with sufficient defense to compete is the Senators, maybe. I think they will beat the Pens. But the Caps and Rangers play great D, block shots, etc...Their defensive styles are suited for playoff hockey. Bruins aint got a chance against this Ranger D. And ill let the series prove that.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The only other team with sufficient defense to compete is the Senators, maybe. I think they will beat the Pens. But the Caps and Rangers play great D, block shots, etc...Their defensive styles are suited for playoff hockey. Bruins aint got a chance against this Ranger D. And ill let the series prove that.

You just basically described Bruins. Caps are a total opposite.

NYRANGERAMI*

You just basically described Bruins. Caps are a total opposite.

The Bruins just play physical but their defense is not that good..Paper leafs almost beat them...Trust and believe the Prophet, as i have spoken. Rangers in 6.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
tumblr_mc9bnjrZIw1qam5vs.gif

bring it on, Bruins! :yo:

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
Rangers have THE elite goalie. Lundqvist and Rask are not on the same level and for anybody to imply that they are is preposterous
Uh what?

This year

Lundqvist: 24W (43GP) 2.05GAA .926% 2SO
Rask: 19W (36GP) 2.00GAA .929% 5SO

Yes Lundqvist has better numbers so far in the playoffs, but very few of the goals scored on Rask have been his fault. They were all on 2nd or 3rd chance opportunities that the D was unable to clear out. He has made some Ridiculous game saving saves vs the Leafs and is one of the main reasons that they're moving on.

As for this series, I don't see it going less than 6 games. If the Bruins have awoken from their slumber, and play like they did to beat the Leafs in the end of the 3rd and OT tonight, then the Rangers are going to have all they can handle.

With the Bruins, it's Jekyll and Hyde. They're either really good, or really bad, there's no in between with them.

Best of luck guys and gals (but not too much :naughty:). Should be a fun series.

Kershaw

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 31s
Coach on Seidenberg (only played 37 seconds & did not return): "we'll know better tomorrow whether it's short-term or long-term" ^CS

Seids being out is good news for us. Their D is then very thin outside of Chara.

thewaitingisover

Nov 26, 2008
New Jersey
Uh what?

This year

Lundqvist: 24W (43GP) 2.05GAA .926% 2SO
Rask: 19W (36GP) 2.00GAA .929% 5SO

Yes Lundqvist has better numbers so far in the playoffs, but very few of the goals scored on Rask have been his fault. They were all on 2nd or 3rd chance opportunities that the D was unable to clear out. He has made some Ridiculous game saving saves vs the Leafs and is one of the main reasons that they're moving on.

Lundqvist is the best goalie in the world. I'm not saying Rask isn't great, but to say he's on the same level as Lundqvist just isn't true. It could happen eventually, sure, but Rask isn't quite there yet.

topcat986*

Oh it is on best wishes now Ranger fans because from game 1 and on there will be nothing but hate for each other. Proud to see Brassard flourish and Moore and I know Dorsett will be a pain in the ass. But Nash? What is the deal so far with him ?

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Oh it is on best wishes now Ranger fans because from game 1 and on there will be nothing but hate for each other. Proud to see Brassard flourish and Moore and I know Dorsett will be a pain in the ass. But Nash? What is the deal so far with him ?

He's saving himself for boston.

BarbaraAlphanse

Bruins are not as good offensively, defensively, and in terms of goaltenders as the Capitals.

They do have more consistency on their lines though. They have 3 decent lines and 1 thug line. Washington had 2 decent lines and 2 meh lines.

However, they aren't good enough to beat us 5-5. Their powerplay is also not as lethal as the Capitals.

The only thing they are better that than the Capitals is they are more physical. However, I don't see that being too much of a factor. Dorsett, Boyle, Asham, Cally should be enough. If the series starts getting out of hand, Newbury and maybe even Haley will get cracks and then that will equal out the physicality (not that I see it ever getting to that point).

Things to expect: Low scoring games. Not many overtimes, I don't think, but games will come down to the wire.

Keys to winning the series:
- Just shoot on net. Rask is a head case and has Fleury like meltdowns.
- Henrik needs to continue his stellar play.
- Match physicality.
- Win face-offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad