Pre-Game Talk: ECSF (4) Boston Bruins vs. (6) New York Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Bruins in 6. Superior puck possession team with elite goalie.

Boston wasn't a much better possession team in the reg. season (54.35% BOS vs 53.88% NYR), and didn't dominate the Leafs at ES either (51.40%).

I hope the Rangers pathetic possession play against the Caps is a one-off.

Bruins in 6 is a reasonable prediction, but we usually play the B's very well so I think it goes the distance of 7 games. Since I'm riding high from tonight's win, I'll predict that the Rangers take it in the end.

NYRANGERAMI*

This first series will be more interesting than this series with the Bruins. Rangers in 6.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Habs fan here,

Congratulation on your win against Wash.

I'm jumping in your bandwagon, guys!

varanger94

Jan 11, 2011
No more MSG. We have to look at milbury every game between periods and hear Mc Guire during games. Thank God it's not the Pens. I wouldn't be able to watch. Someone's got to invent a way to sync a Radio feed with a TV feed

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
They match up well against the Bruins.
Bruins are more power than quickness. Toronto would have been a worse match up.
Hank plays well against them.
Toronto would have been a worse match up.
Rangers in 6.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
This is the series I wanted. The matchup I wanted even in Round 1. I love it. Rangers in 6 or 7.

varanger94

Jan 11, 2011
Let's here it for the Captain. He shoved it up Erskine with the clincher, after about 25 crosschecks this series

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
This is the series I wanted. The matchup I wanted even in Round 1. I love it. Rangers in 6 or 7.

Agreed, out of all the teams in the east: The bruins matchup well against Torts system.

It isn't to say the Bruins can't win the series, cause they absolutely can. But the Rangers shortcomings aren't going to be as apparent against Boston.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
They match up well against the Bruins.
Bruins are more power than quickness. Toronto would have been a worse match up.
Hank plays well against them.
Toronto would have been a worse match up.
Rangers in 6.

Plus, their PP is every bit as awful as the Rangers.

thewaitingisover

Nov 26, 2008
New Jersey
What will you pledge to eat if you're wrong?

I want to know this. Seconded.

Jagr and Redden coming back to the Garden.

It'll kill me if Wade gets on the board. Please make sure it doesn't happen.

Rangers in 4. Redden plays 1st line center, 17 points. Rask hurt, Tim Thomas flown in, allows 11 goals each game, loses series.

We contained Mike Green's shot okay for the most part, we can do the same to Chara.

I don't think jumping in front of Mike Green's shot is in any way similar to jumping in front of Zdeno Chara's.

Bruins in 6. Superior puck possession team with elite goalie.

Rangers have THE elite goalie. Lundqvist and Rask are not on the same level and for anybody to imply that they are is preposterous

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
What I think is going to be interesting is if the Bruins adjust to Brassard's dominance, leaving Nash with some more room and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad