Series Talk: ECSF: (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs (2) Boston Bruins

Who Will Win This Series?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I still maintain had they played the third like they played the second they would be on the golf course. I was struggling to be positive-but I also knew the team had come back before and the deficit was just one goal. That resiliency has served them well this season and it’s one of those intangibles that often makes good teams win games.

I think the fact that our captains are the kind of guys who are humble about the individual stuff but are willing to run the hill one more time when the body wants to quit has made them persevere.

Love this team-love their attitude, their hunger, their drive and their heart.

I think we were horrible in the 2nd despite the shots . I think the big line was over played for 2 periods and tiring . There is no way they should've started that P.P and that is why Marchy was gassed so fast and blew the s.h goal. We played a great defensive 3rd but to be honest despite the great play by Jake , Andersen gifted us the first two goals and hadn't stopped much in the 3rd up to those points . We were very lucky he had a terrible period .

To the main point I would never turn on this team and it was totally sickening reading these boards on Rask etc . I understand he didn't make big saves for us that game but the goals were nothing like four or five Andersen has given up including those two in the third. The bottom line is the effort is usually there . It isn't easy to beat the leafs , bolts , pens preds etc . We have nothing but tough match ups and there are two teams on the ice . I totally get the joy and sadness of winning and losing but I don't get the anger when the effort is there .

Just to add to that this team is so far ahead of expectations this year , that doesn't mean you except losing or don't WANT THE CUP it means BE HAPPY and if we lose be sad but anger has no real place with this team this yr .

Reactions: HumBucker

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
NBC announcers for Game 1

Gord Miller, Mike Milbury, Brian Boucher

CBC/Sportsnet - Paul Romanuk, Garry Galley and Kyle Bukauskas

I am not the biggest PR fan.

I might have to find the NBC on gamecenter but my kids always steal all the damn wifi. ;)

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think we were horrible in the 2nd despite the shots . I think the big line was over played for 2 periods and tiring . There is no way they should've started that P.P and that is why Marchy was gassed so fast and blew the s.h goal. We played a great defensive 3rd but to be honest despite the great play by Jake , Andersen gifted us the first two goals and hadn't stopped much in the 3rd up to those points . We were very lucky he had a terrible period .

To the main point I would never turn on this team and it was totally sickening reading these boards on Rask etc . I understand he didn't make big saves for us that game but the goals were nothing like four or five Andersen has given up including those two in the third. The bottom line is the effort is usually there . It isn't easy to beat the leafs , bolts , pens preds etc . We have nothing but tough match ups and there are two teams on the ice . I totally get the joy and sadness of winning and losing but I don't get the anger when the effort is there .

Just to add to that this team is so far ahead of expectations this year , that doesn't mean you except losing or don't WANT THE CUP it means BE HAPPY and if we lose be sad but anger has no real place with this team this yr .
As to the Rask comments.
I’m not a Rask hater.
In general I think he is a very good goalie who can keep his team in a game. I don’t think he’s great at stealing games (but then if you need a goalie to steal games your team has more problems than goaltending), but he is generally great at limiting GA.

That said I don’t think he had a good game 7 or even a good series. The meltdown in the 2nd was not Rask-the team in front of him was playing poorly. They were probably lucky they were down only by 1 goal.

Tuukka didn’t have to do much until the end of the third and he played fine then, but saying Tuukka had a bad game isn’t Rask hating,

I think Krug had a rough game defensively too but I like Krug and think he’s a good player.

The play of the first line aside in the first two games I think Marchand had an overall bad series-especially all games after the 2nd but I wouldn’t trade him.

I do know for the Tampa series we are going to need Tuukka and our team defense at its best. They can’t mail it in for a period or two then win a game.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Bob Cole

Paul Romanuk

Seriously, he makes my skin crawl. He's that bad.

A few years ago I was watching a game he was doing in Anaheim. He said the following, and I quote! "I know it's going to slide in to the Pacific Ocean one day, but man I do love California".

Before Sportsnet bought the NHL package this guy was only used sparingly for things like the Spengler Cup. Now he's #2 in Canada.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
CBC/Sportsnet - Paul Romanuk, Garry Galley and Kyle Bukauskas

I am not the biggest PR fan.

I might have to find the NBC on gamecenter but my kids always steal all the damn wifi. ;)

Most cable operators in Canada import NBC so you might get it on TV - SimSub doesn't apply as it is a different production.

Hard to believe but in Regina, Saskatchewan, the cable outlet picks up the US networks from BOSTON

upload_2018-4-27_16-7-55.png

Berge56

Oct 23, 2014
Do you perhaps have a Bergeron #56 jersey? :) Because that would be cool

haha no, my last name is Bergeron, but I'm number 5 out of 6 boys. I love that I can get my name on all Bruins apparel without paying extra. :)

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Okay-just gonna nitpick the opposing fans.

Once again the Bruins are being accused of being a one line team. Where does this come from? The Bruins have one really good line but the others are competitive and score too. Krejci and Debrusk were in the first round top 10 scorers.

I think this round is a toss up-goal tending and puck luck will come into play.
I only hope that the opposing coaches and players feel the same way and focus on just that one line too :) Could make for a short series if that happens. LOL

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
A few years ago I was watching a game he was doing in Anaheim. He said the following, and I quote! "I know it's going to slide in to the Pacific Ocean one day, but man I do love California".

Before Sportsnet bought the NHL package this guy was only used sparingly for things like the Spengler Cup. Now he's #2 in Canada.

I'm no big fan of Romanuk, but he only did the Spengler Cup I believe because he was living in Europe (London) at the time, he was a freelancer.

He was TSN's main NHL play-by-play guy from 94 until 2001. So it's not like Rogers all of sudden wanted a guy who hasn't been a lead broadcaster before or was a fringe-level guy.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
As to the Rask comments.
I’m not a Rask hater.
In general I think he is a very good goalie who can keep his team in a game. I don’t think he’s great at stealing games (but then if you need a goalie to steal games your team has more problems than goaltending), but he is generally great at limiting GA.

That said I don’t think he had a good game 7 or even a good series. The meltdown in the 2nd was not Rask-the team in front of him was playing poorly. They were probably lucky they were down only by 1 goal.

Tuukka didn’t have to do much until the end of the third and he played fine then, but saying Tuukka had a bad game isn’t Rask hating,

I think Krug had a rough game defensively too but I like Krug and think he’s a good player.

The play of the first line aside in the first two games I think Marchand had an overall bad series-especially all games after the 2nd but I wouldn’t trade him.

I do know for the Tampa series we are going to need Tuukka and our team defense at its best. They can’t mail it in for a period or two then win a game.

I cant argue he had a good game , he didn't but he didn't let a lot of softies in during this whole series , Andersen did so for all the good he did it evened his play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad