• Boston in 6

• Boston in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Listen, Tampa is a great team, they and the Bruins were the two best teams in the conference the whole season. Losing a 7 game series to them shouldn't be something to be ashamed of.

But I hope people can see why Bruins fans are frustrated with the officiating. With a changed call here or there, it could be 3-1 the other way.

I'm not saying Tampa sucks and only wins because they get handed games by the league. Tampa is awesome. Great team, great defense, well coached. They could have tied it anyway last night down the stretch if the Stamkos goal was rightfully nullified. But just hasn't felt like a level playing field and the officiating has not been up to a standard that these two teams deserve. These are the best two teams in the east, and the fact that basically every game this series has had at least a couple controversial officiating decisions is a bad look on the league.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm referring to Brad Marchand still being in the game to set the goal up. And the Chara dive. But these were apparently not "impactful" because TB responded with tying and winning goals, thus shifting the point of referee impact from the POV of most Bruin fans.

If Boston holds on to win this game, do Bruin fans point to the calls that cost TB the game? I doubt it. TB kept pressing and eventually won. There were blown calls on both sides that led to goals.

What it comes down to is Boston can't keep up 5v5.
We've been bitching about the refereeing in Game 1 where the Bruins won 6-2.

I'm not going to convince a Tampa fan of anything, it's just been a very frustrating series, venting a little bit. I think regardless of refereeing, Tampa has easily been the better team (Bruins top line are the only players that have actually brought it consistently), it's just that despite that, key mistakes at key points have still shifted the outcome of a couple of the games, or at least influenced it to some degree.

Reactions: Top Shelf Wrister

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
No I meant garnished. Look up what it ,wan to have your wage garnished

There are other definitions lmao
Yeah I know that there is another definition but it doesn't work in this case.
Having your wages withheld to pay back a debt that is owed doesn't mean the same thing as a referee not giving a player the benefit of the doubt.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Where has TB's adversity been because of officiating this series ? They haven't had any because they have benefited from all the crap calls. It's easy to be sanctimonious when you are getting all the calls/non-calls.

I remember seeing that sanctimoniousness from Boston fans after the Leafs got 5 questionable penalties in a row, including 2 minutes for being punched in the face.

Look at the top right corner of this video at the 20 second mark.

There are clearly 2 Boston players mugging one Tampa player. That's what happened when Gardiner got 2 minutes for being punched in the face. You all told us "3rd man in during a scrum is ALWAYS an instant call". Well, sure didn't look like it there. And Gardiner got penalized for being punched in the f***ing face..

When Boston was getting all the calls against the leafs, Bruins fans acted far worse than what you're currently accusing of Lightening fans.

Reactions: Stammertime91

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I remember seeing that sanctimoniousness from Boston fans after the Leafs got 5 questionable penalties in a row, including 2 minutes for being punched in the face.

Look at the top right corner of this video at the 20 second mark.

There are clearly 2 Boston players mugging one Tampa player. That's what happened when Gardiner got 2 minutes for being punched in the face. You all told us "3rd man in during a scrum is ALWAYS an instant call". Well, sure didn't look like it there. And Gardiner got penalized for being punched in the ****ing face..

When Boston was getting all the calls against the leafs, Bruins fans acted far worse than what you're currently accusing of Lightening fans.

Callahan its great when pier gushes over the $5,800,000 4th liner.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We've been *****ing about the refereeing in Game 1 where the Bruins won 6-2.

I'm not going to convince a Tampa fan of anything, it's just been a very frustrating series, venting a little bit. I think regardless of refereeing, Tampa has easily been the better team (Bruins top line are the only players that have actually brought it consistently), it's just that despite that, key mistakes at key points have still shifted the outcome of a couple of the games, or at least influenced it to some degree.

Yeah, but the story remains the same: You're focused on the calls that have benefited TB, while ignoring the calls that benefited the Bruins. Probably because TB has been carrying the majority of the play, and Boston's only chance is to get every possible call. They've only been competitive in these past three games, well, two of them anyway, because of missed or blown calls.

Reactions: shinchanyo

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Listen, Tampa is a great team, they and the Bruins were the two best teams in the conference the whole season. Losing a 7 game series to them shouldn't be something to be ashamed of.

But I hope people can see why Bruins fans are frustrated with the officiating. With a changed call here or there, it could be 3-1 the other way.

I'm not saying Tampa sucks and only wins because they get handed games by the league. Tampa is awesome. Great team, great defense, well coached. They could have tied it anyway last night down the stretch if the Stamkos goal was rightfully nullified. But just hasn't felt like a level playing field and the officiating has not been up to a standard that these two teams deserve. These are the best two teams in the east, and the fact that basically every game this series has had at least a couple controversial officiating decisions is a bad look on the league.

The problem is you guys have been chasing TB since we spotted you game 1 after the long lay off. These calls and non-calls have been accentuated because you can't keep up. You think you're right there but you're not. I said this would go 7 and it still may but stop playing the victim card. It's sad and frankly, very old.

Donnie D

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, but the story remains the same: You're focused on the calls that have benefited TB, while ignoring the calls that benefited the Bruins. Probably because TB has been carrying the majority of the play, and Boston's only chance is to get every possible call. They've only been competitive in these past three games, well, two of them anyway, because of missed or blown calls.
Like the interference on Stamkos when he would have negated the icing that instead directly led to a Boston goal? Like the Chara dive that led to a power play goal? Like the slash on the Kucherov breakaway?

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I'm referring to Brad Marchand still being in the game to set the goal up. And the Chara dive.

If Boston holds on to win this game, do Bruin fans point to the calls that cost TB the game? I doubt it. TB kept pressing and eventually won. There were blown calls on both sides that led to goals.

Good points.

But on what grounds do you throw Marchand out? Despicable act but what’s the call?

Chara embellished to get the call, but Johnson could have avoided a penalty by not doing what he did.

On the last point, the calls are less of an issue for Bruin fans if they had won. You’re right. I think stating that the refs stunk would still occur but that’s just a fact. Roles would most likely be reversed, TB fans would be livid about the calls that went against them.

If there were 4 bad calls in a game and each resulted in a goal against...2 for each team...I think there are very few who will say “eh, it was even”. Whoever loses will be more incensed. Just the way it is.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Good points.

But on what grounds do you throw Marchand out? Despicable act but what’s the call?

Chara embellished to get the call, but Johnson could have avoided a penalty by not doing what he did.

On the last point, the calls are less of an issue for Bruin fans if they had won. You’re right. I think stating that the refs stunk would still occur but that’s just a fact. Roles would most likely be reversed, TB fans would be livid about the calls that went against them.

If there were 4 bad calls in a game and each resulted in a goal against...2 for each team...I think there are very few who will say “eh, it was even”. Whoever loses will be more incensed. Just the way it is.
Lowbridge hit unsportsmanlike I mean there are more then a few penalties you could have thrown at Marchand

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

The officiating has been fine. Stop whining. Bruins are completely unable to keep up with Tampa's speed.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Lowbridge hit unsportsmanlike I mean there are more then a few penalties you could have thrown at Marchand

Like the interference on Stamkos when he would have negated the icing that instead directly led to a Boston goal? Like the Chara dive that led to a power play goal? Like the slash on the Kucherov breakaway?

Pretty funny last few posts
The officiating has been fine. Stop whining. ...

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Pretty funny last few posts

See:

You're focused on the calls that have benefited TB, while ignoring the calls that benefited the Bruins. Probably because TB has been carrying the majority of the play, and Boston's only chance is to get every possible call.

The refs aren't screwing anybody, the Bruins are screwing themselves.

Would be cool if this series discussion went back to discussing the series instead of non-stop whining about the refs.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut

I Just don’t think that was major worthy. There were a number of those hits this year that didn’t get called.

The unsportsmanlike will come eventually if he does crap like the licking. Seems the league always takes a while to pull the trigger and usually a pretty stern warning precedes it.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
can't believe 63 is going to be able to play the last game of the bruins season, the NHL has just told the league and its fans that multiple sexual assaults are OK but don't do it a third time or there will be supplemental discipline...

what a farce the NHL, get that human some psychiatric help already for f*** sakes.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
The enduring image of the 2018 Stanley Cup playoffs won't be the winners lifting the Cup, crowds of people watching games in the street, awesomely cheesy pre-game intros or even catfish on the ice. It'll be this. Thanks a lot, Brad Marchand.

and that the NHL told the entire world that its OK to lick others multiple times!

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
It's been said numerous times, refs have been bad, inconsistent and all, and they were bad with Boston at crucial points. Being pissed off is understandable. That being said, what is really annoying is that when you acknowledge how Tampa dictates the pace in the trenches, complaining about officiating shouldn't be Boston's first concern.
It is though, because they're scoring goals against Tampa on the PP. Gotta give them more.

There was that 5v3 they had earlier that they couldn't score on, though. So perhaps more powerplays won't change the result if you can't beat the Bolts at even strength...

Reactions: TampaWantsTheCup

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017

Coulda shoulda woulda doesn't matter. Focus on what is rather than what could/should be (in your view).

My mom taught me that anything someone says before saying the word but is automatically discredited.

You're not losing a 7 game series. Right now you are in the position of losing in 5 games. That's a pretty big difference. Guess you're stuck in lalaland still. I don't care about how frustrated the Bruins fans are. Deal with adversity, or sink to the bottom of the lake and join your first round opponent in bad golfing jokes.

You aren't going to find a whole lot of empathy here. Good teams get bad calls all the time and don't make excuses when things don't go their way. A lot of Boston fans are using these excuses to victimize their situation.

I personally am not having any of that shit.

Bad calls is a bad look to the league, but licking another man in the face isn't? HAHAHAHAHA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad