• Boston in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Now, licking a guy? Totally fine. Not embarrassing at all. Great for the sport, in fact.

If the officiating was efficient, Brad would get at least 2 min for unsportsmanlike conduct, but still I repeat, way more people are mad at Brad doing it than they are mad at NHL/officials for not doing shit about it.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
And Marchand promptly mocked and ignored the NHL warnings and started practicing just like he played the last game against Callahan:

alberto1987dogballs.gif

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Honestly I am not sure what surprises me the most...between so much people being angry at Marchand for doing it, or the few people understanding it's the league that needs to fix the problem.

The league needs to suspend him. I can't just walk up to somebody and act like a 3 year old and lick somebody. He shouldn't be able to either and all this does is tell him he's gotten away with *that* but since he's bitten a refs shirt, kissed and licked Komarov, licked Callahan, he will just find something else to do.

Let's not act like the anger isn't warranted though either. He makes a dangerous play on Callahan, fortunately he's not injured, gets up, gets LICKED and when he face washes him, the ref stops Callahan. True justice would've been letting somebody address the issue there or the league suspending him this morning - not back peddling, slapping his hand and telling 36 other guys on the west not to lick each other. Wtf is that?

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
If you love the NHL and the sport of hockey, Marchand's idiocy should make you angry. It's making the league a circus sideshow.

It makes me angry, don't get me wrong. But what makes me angry is the league not doing nothing about it.

Marchand, like players before him and most likely players after him, will keep doing dumb stuff because they get away with it. I'm sure most people already forgot Sean Avery, because when he left a guy named Matt Cooke was very active. Cooke is no more but Marchand is making weekly news. So...it keeps going and going and going and going...

Reactions: Bolt 45

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
It makes me angry, don't get me wrong. But what makes me angry is the league not doing nothing about it.

Marchand, like players before him and most likely players after him, will keep doing dumb stuff because they get away with it. I'm sure most people already forgot Sean Avery, because when he left a guy named Matt Cooke was very active. Cooke is no more but Marchand is making weekly news. So...it keeps going and going and going and going...

Just stop. Don't lump guys like Avery and Cooke into the same category as Marchand. All three were dirty but only one is in the Licking Division.

Reactions: Bolt 45

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
In no way am I saying licking a guy is acceptable or good for the game. I am saying a game being won or loss by poor officiating is an embarrassment and a terrible way to try and grow the sport. Respond to my post not another issues there is already a thread for the licking and I totally agree it does not belong in the game.
The problem is that the licking thing, and Marchand's antics in general, are probably contributing to the way the series is getting called. I'd wager that at a certain point the refs were just like, "To hell with this. I'll try my best to babysit a man-sized toddler, or I'll officiate a hockey game, but I am NOT doing both."

And who can blame them, honestly?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The problem is that the licking thing, and Marchand's antics in general, are probably contributing to the way the series is getting called. I'd wager that at a certain point the refs were just like, "To hell with this. I'll try my best to babysit a man-sized toddler, or I'll officiate a hockey game, but I am NOT doing both."

What on earth are you on about? You're suggesting the refs stopped officiating properly because they had to "babysit" Marchand, whatever that means?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Make excuses for your team when they play well, not when they get killed 10/12 periods over four games.

Is the series over? Have you already won game 5 ?

you can gloat all you want after the 4th game is won

currently your yap yap yap belongs in the trash can

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle

I'm not defending Marchand's actions at all but I'd say it's probably quite the contrary in Brad's mind, I'd wager that his actions are a response to the way he feels the series and the previous for that matter, has been called.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
But one totally tarnished the game. Non fans don't know McAvoy has poor balance barely being touched but they do know the league accepts licking.

Your move.

Bad move. McAvoy does not have poor balance. Kuch took a hand off his stick and grabbed McAvoy. And there is no way he would dive in that situation. You have not watched enough of McAvoy to make a statement that he has poor balance.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Bad move. McAvoy does not have poor balance. Kuch took a hand off his stick and grabbed McAvoy. And there is no way he would dive in that situation. You have not watched enough of McAvoy to make a statement that he has poor balance.

It was a slight dig. The focal point was what's more damning to the league in the eyes of fans and non fans:

The leagues refs missed a call

Or

The league allows players to lick each other

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I'm not defending Marchand's actions at all but I'd say it's probably quite the contrary in Brad's mind, I'd wager that his actions are a response to the way he feels the series and the previous for that matter, has been called.

if he was an intelligent human which clearly he is not; he would channel his energy in ways that would help his team win, not put his team in jeopardy of winning and acting like a human that has a very significant Mental Health disorder that is undiagnosed and untreated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockey4Life91

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
McAvoy does seem to be pretty weak on his skates when I've watched him, and i'm a huge fan of his

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
If the officiating was efficient, Brad would get at least 2 min for unsportsmanlike conduct, but still I repeat, way more people are mad at Brad doing it than they are mad at NHL/officials for not doing **** about it.
I mean, you can be mad about both. I am.

Reactions: Hockey4Life91

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
What on earth are you on about? You're suggesting the refs stopped officiating properly because they had to "babysit" Marchand, whatever that means?
He had to be reminded by a ref not to bite a ref. And this was while he was pinching the s*** out of another grown man's neck. Think about that reality for just a second. At a certain point, any ref, no matter how professional, is just going to be like, "F*** this. This is a joke. I'm done."

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Except that the very first thing I saw him do in this series, maybe five minutes in, was drop Brayden Point with an ugly crosscheck to the kidneys/ribs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad