GDT: ECSF 1 | FLYERS (H) vs. Islanders (A) | Monday, Aug. 24, 2020 | 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Oh...bear with me on the 2nd line. Laughton...just tell him to play good defense and find a winger when breaking out....and shoot when passed to in the OZ. And when coming back into our zone, you have Laughton and G switch off where the 1st guy back, becomes the C in the DZ.

It just doesn't make sense to have him there. Just have Giroux as the 2nd line center with voracek and another top 6 wing, or use laughton as the 3C with jvr/grinder. Telling laughton to play good defense as a top 6 center is a huuuuuuuge stretch given the way he is turning things over.

g-couts-tk
farabee-hayes-voracek
jvr-laughton-raffl

or

farabee-couts-tk
raffl-giroux-voracek
jvr-hayes-laughton

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
weber was an animal that series. Getting away from him will be huge.
i think isles defense is better tbh. Weber was really great though but mete, oullette, kulak were bad. We didn't take advantage of them and those open nets.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
this is a series we need niskanen for. He has to come up big. We also really need even more offense from our defense. They can really jump-start our offense big time.

Reactions: Rebels57

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
New York has allowed 1.67 goals per game through its nine games so far. The Isles also block 18.62 shots per 60 minutes, most of any team remaining in the tournament.

for those thinking this is going to be easier than montreal...its going to be just as hard to score. If we can win the possession battle, it can help the offense though!

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Coaches like Trotz absolutely destroy the entertainment value of the NHL. Same as the devils in the 90s. No one wants to watch two teams playing not to lose. This could be a dreadful series and a slow painful out for the flyers.

Reactions: Jtown

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Weber is still great. Easily still a top 10 defenseman in the league, imo.

He has 6 more years on his contract, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's still a top 4 defenseman at 40.
I respect your choice, but really? That's awful.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
I took a look earlier and looked at zone starts for our centers in the Mtl series. Believe it or not, it's Couts who pretty much was not taking DZ faceoffs while Thompson was the opposite. SO if that is to continue, here is the lines I would go with knowing they won't play Frost:

JVR - Couturier - Voracek
Giroux- Laughton - Konecny
Farabee - Hayes - NAK

Raffl - Grant - Pitlick

Provorov - Niskanen
Sanheim - Myers
Ghost - Braun

Couts can make JVR dangerous...and Jake is playing great. If they are starting Couts in the OZ all the time, great place for JVR to start.

Oh...bear with me on the 2nd line. Laughton...just tell him to play good defense and find a winger when breaking out....and shoot when passed to in the OZ. And when coming back into our zone, you have Laughton and G switch off where the 1st guy back, becomes the C in the DZ.

3rd line is the defensive line. Focus on that 1st while still chipping in some offense

4th line is the "grind" line that coaches want but can still add some offense.
Yeah and that's what I don't understand. Never. He is selke caliber center and don't put him on DZ faceoffs? Brutal.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
If anyone Habs' defeseneman was great against us, it was Petry. Not Weber who was on-ice for 2 goals for and 5 goals against (if you don't count G2 where Habs won 5-0 then he was 0-5) at EV.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Coaches like Trotz absolutely destroy the entertainment value of the NHL. Same as the devils in the 90s. No one wants to watch two teams playing not to lose. This could be a dreadful series and a slow painful out for the flyers.

I wish there was a rule change there but not anything I can think of.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
tumblr_mwlkbr2A3R1sr6ejfo1_500.gif

LFG

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If tk had his stick on the ice and drove the net he would have had 3 goals off Hayes passes and I believe 2 others both from sanheim.

Yup..and if he stopped in the crease instead of doing drive bys.

To me hes playing like someone who is out of shape.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
New York has allowed 1.67 goals per game through its nine games so far. The Isles also block 18.62 shots per 60 minutes, most of any team remaining in the tournament.

for those thinking this is going to be easier than montreal...its going to be just as hard to score. If we can win the possession battle, it can help the offense though!

I dont think anyone thought that

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Yup..and if he stopped in the crease instead of doing drive bys.

To me hes playing like someone who is out of shape.

Yeah, not sure what his deal is but he needs to step it up.

He started the season off like gangbusters - 7 points in the first 4 games; 13 points in the first 10.

Only 4 times this season did TK go more than 1 game without a point. Twice it was a 2-game drought; twice it was a 3-game drought.

So far in these playoffs, he has 3 points in 9 games, including just a single point in the Montreal series.

He needs to be better.

Let's see how he looks tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad