Post-Game Talk: ECSF 1 | FLYERS (0) vs. Islanders (4) | Monday, Aug. 24, 2020

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I do not bolieve. I've seen enough. Apathy has set in. Plus, I go back to work tomorrow so I'll be partially spared from this nonsense
giphy.gif

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
And as I"ve had to point out repeatedly, there's more to hockey than raw offense. Defense also exists.

Our bottom six is getting absolutely ruined defensively. As well as offensively. They aren't even staying afloat.

Do you have the stats for GF/GA at 5v5 for each player on the team? Is there a site where that's easily viewable?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Not a generational player but at least have higher than a 0% shooting percentage on 27 shots since we keep hearing he hit 5 posts. Again it's not just lucky anymore there's an element of execution that needs to be improved and as I said the whole team needs to improve.

Guy has never been a sniper and he's exited his prime. He's creating offensive opportunities for himself, and it will go in eventually; he has had these cold streaks before, it's not unusual and it is normal. He's creating opportunities for others that are routinely wasted. There's little more he can do. We need to have realistic expectations.

IMO TK is a far bigger issue than Giroux. He's creating very little for himself or others. Giroux will inevitably produce if we play long enough. TK I'm far less sure about without what he's showing.

Reactions: BernieParent

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

This shit happened years ago. Some kid stole a car & got into a chase with cops. He hit like some type of storm drain thing & got some major air. :laugh:

They always paused during the jumps to make some moronic comment in country slang with abominable grammar :laugh: And then Daisy would come on screen and you either had to lie on your stomach or hold your backpack in your lap.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If I'm reading that right, our bottom 6 guys outscored those other bottom 6 guys you mention.

So, basically, a team-wide power outage?

Only a few really deep teams have a third line with more than one scorer (who often rotates up and plays on the PP).
We have JVR, who has been productive on 3rd lines, but it's tough to obtain and pay for a Bozak as your 3C.
You can put him with Laughton, but pray they aren't a sieve.
So your top two lines are usually the key to PO scoring.

I don't expect G and Voracek to be elite players anymore, I just want 2nd line productivity out of that group.
The Isles basically roll two solid 2nd lines, then two offensively challenged bottom lines that forecheck you to death.
We can match their top two lines, our bottom two aren't as good, but our defensemen are better - and have to be aggressive on offense.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Carter hart did not have a good game.
Coots did not have a good game
Sanheim brutal
Tk invisible
Giroux just doesnt have it
oy

Do you think it's possible for a goalie to have a good game in a losing effort? Once a certain amount of goals are scored regardless of how do you just throw out it was a bad game for the goalie?

It feels like there is a fairly obvious pattern at this point.

Couts is great, I see no flaws in the roster. The cup should be a lock.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Do you think it's possible for a goalie to have a good game in a losing effort? Once a certain amount of goals are scored regardless of how do you just throw out it was a bad game for the goalie?

It feels like there is a fairly obvious pattern at this point.

Couts is great, I see no flaws in the roster. The cup should be a lock.

I do think a goalie can have a great game in a loaing cause and a bad game in a win

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I cant disagree with any of this.

Maybe they are just bad fits for this matchup. What we really need is Roibert Hagg and Chris VandeVelde, theyd be perfect for this matchup.

we handled it pretty well for most of the game. Coming out as flat as they were was just so inexcusable. After the dogshit we saw from the flyers against montreal, you would've thought they understand that they can't take any periods off. At some point AV needs to call his timeout. Get the boys, gather them up, and give it to them. Have we even called a timeout yet?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
we handled it pretty well for most of the game. Coming out as flat as they were was just so inexcusable. After the dogshit we saw from the flyers against montreal, you would've thought they understand that they can't take any periods off. At some point AV needs to call his timeout. Get the boys, gather them up, and give it to them. Have we even called a timeout yet?

Im not sure, to be honest.

"Alright boys, Nate Thompson and Derek Grant are gonna show you what it means to be f***ing flyer" probably isnt the messaging and actions i'd use if i wanted my team to perform well.

Reactions: Amorgus

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
the thing is we want more from the bottom 6 players and they just aren't good enough. Our whole 3rd line consists of 4th line players: raffl-grant-nak. Nak is the only player that can be considered a 3rd liner and if we had frost/patrick/lindblom he would be on the 4th line. We currently have 2 players who can fill the 3rd line spots and help the scoring but we just want to depend on the top 6. Our team in the first period and the first round was so easy to defend.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
i want tk to shoot from everywhere. He needs to have a shooters mentality. 3 seasons in a row he has had around 180 sog and 24 goals (possibly 30 this year). He can easily get 30 every year and more (35) if he shoots around a 220 sog pace.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Im not sure, to be honest.

"Alright boys, Nate Thompson and Derek Grant are gonna show you what it means to be f***ing flyer" probably isnt the messaging and actions i'd use if i wanted my team to perform well.

well see what AV does next game. He talked a lot about how the top guys will get another chance and how they have to be better. Lets see if AV can give giroux, couts, voracek, tk, hayes 18+ minutes of ice time. I don't even think we have had 4/5 of them received 18+ in one game.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
For reference, in a game where the Avs lost..mackinnon, kadri, landeskog, rantanen, and donskoi all got close to 20 minutes (with donskoi at 17). You're telling me we can't have couts, giroux, voracek, tk, and hayes get that ice time?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
well see what AV does next game. He talked a lot about how the top guys will get another chance and how they have to be better. Lets see if AV can give giroux, couts, voracek, tk, hayes 18+ minutes of ice time. I don't even think we have had 4/5 of them received 18+ in one game.

I feel like weve said this for the past 6 games. I wish i had your optimism.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
giroux is playing 2 MINUTES less than he was in regular season and everyone else in the top 6 is seeing less as well (but only be 20-30s). How is it possible that giroux is playing 2 minutes less...

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I feel like weve said this for the past 6 games. I wish i had your optimism.

my optimism is only from finally seeing the flyers play well. AV will crush that immediately with his stupid lineup decisions. I guarantee he will put jvr in for farabee for not shooting (should be laughton if not thompson) and the oger for ghost

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Barzal played best against the Couts line, worst against the Hayes and Grant lines, Thompson fell in between.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad