GDT: ECSF #1 - 5/16/13 | New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins | 7:30 PM - NBCSN, TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Agree. It was almost non-existent in 1st.

Yeah, and that is by design.

We aren't last years team. We don't play as strong on the forecheck. Personally, I think the Rangers should be running trapping schemes than the left wing lock approach Torts is employing.

Lock is allowing teams penetrating our zone too easily.

FLNYR

Wide Angle Watcher
May 14, 2013
I thought that was another ok period.

Few comments:
1. Callahan has been flat out bad the entirety of the playoffs (excluding one game, I can't remember which - might have been Game 5 or 6 I thought he was very good
2. Stepan has been completely invisible the entire playoffs
3. Powerplay gets worse by the day - can't gain the zone, too much around the perimeter, too much Girardi/Del Zotto
4. Goal was kinda soft but we really can't be leaving Chara all alone at the point to take free slapshots.
5. Nash looks good.
6. Total team defense looks very good

Didn't he have 2 GWG's?

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
Callahan is handling the puck like it is a grenade. Then making terrible passes or missing the net by 10 feet.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Secondary assist and screen?

3toru3.jpg

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'm always happy when periods are over, but that doesn't relate to hockey ;)

This is huge. Game is still anyone's to grab. We are not playing bad. People should learn to control themselves.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Callahan is handling the puck like it is a grenade. Then making terrible passes or missing the net by 10 feet.

You guys are just noticing this? This has always been an issue with Cally. When he has time and space to make plays he falls apart.

He is a banger. When he plays a bangers game he excels.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Such a weird "feeling each other out" game.

Win a period. Win a game. LGR.

Thinking Nash-ty with the winner :sarcasm:

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
I think once Nash finally scores a goal, he's gonna really break out. Or at least that's what I hope ;)

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Yea but he's done basically nothing. Deflected a Nash shot and I can't remember the other goal. He's set up nothing. He has had some takeaways. He's barely skating and making plays.

Stepan was the finisher on the famous Ovechbox-play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad