GDT: ECSF #1 - 5/16/13 | New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins | 7:30 PM - NBCSN, TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I thought that was another ok period.

Few comments:
1. Callahan has been flat out bad the entirety of the playoffs (excluding one game, I can't remember which - might have been Game 5 or 6 I thought he was very good
2. Stepan has been completely invisible the entire playoffs
3. Powerplay gets worse by the day - can't gain the zone, too much around the perimeter, too much Girardi/Del Zotto
4. Goal was kinda soft but we really can't be leaving Chara all alone at the point to take free slapshots.
5. Nash looks good.
6. Total team defense looks very good

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
This game has been played evenly by both squads and both are playing very carefully. Not all that great to watch, but B's vs. NYR is almost always a low scoring/low chance affair.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
nash has played a good game. even though he doesnt have a goal he is creating chances for other guys. Stepan has been invisible and callahan had one of his worst periods i have seen

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I told you guys about the home-away discrepancies with these teams. That we're playing okay in Boston is a good sign.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Even start.

LOL @ the people losing their **** over this game. Have any of these chances really worried any of you at all? Neither team is generating a lot of offense. I think the Rangers' forecheck got a lot better in this period.

Also, LOL @ Burns' ponytail.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I thought that was another ok period.

Few comments:
1. Callahan has been flat out bad the entirety of the playoffs (excluding one game, I can't remember which - might have been Game 5 or 6 I thought he was very good
2. Stepan has been completely invisible the entire playoffs
3. Powerplay gets worse by the day - can't gain the zone, too much around the perimeter, too much Girardi/Del Zotto
4. Goal was kinda soft but we really can't be leaving Chara all alone at the point to take free slapshots.
5. Nash looks good.
6. Total team defense looks very good

Stepan was good in games 3 and 4.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Even start.

LOL @ the people losing their **** over this game. Have any of these chances really worried any of you at all? Neither team is generating a lot of offense. I think the Rangers' forecheck got a lot better in this period.

Agree. It was almost non-existent in 1st.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Even start.

Agreed, its been a pretty even game. Game of mistakes.

The thing that is frustrating is the Rangers poor transition game is going to get REALLY exposed in this series. It just good that the Bruins are not a quick counter attacking team.

The Perfect Paradox

Beyond Good and Evil
Aug 16, 2007
New York
I really don't think the Rangers are playing horrible at all. This game literally has a set pattern to it. Both teams exchange failing to enter each others' zone. Then, one team successfully applies some offensive pressure for a minute or two. A few minutes later, the opposite team spends a minute or two in the offensive zone.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
We play like **** and we are going into the 3rd, tied.

04a09b0d_Al_Bundy_excited.gif

Lmao The Spring Break Episode Right?

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Ehh first game of the series. I know **** is going to get dirty by game 3. I think the Rangers are playing with more confidence then game 1 of the last series. Also Washington seems to be better than the Bruins.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad