yrforpg.jpg

Credits:
Stats: http://www.nhl.com
Image Hosting: http://www.imgur.com

Last edited:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I hope Kevin Bacon makes the trip to Washington... I've managed to connect him to Henrik Lundqvist in only 5 degrees.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Staal playing tonight would be absolutely huge, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Torts doesn't seem to trust Eminger after that goal, but honestly? That's more the fault of Richie and Del Zotto (in that order) than Eminger.

Either way, have to steal at least one in Washington to get a win this series, might as well do it tonight!

LGR

*Bob Richards*

Nice GDT! I'd say we've done relatively well in Loffen's absence.

We

Will

Rebuild

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Staal playing tonight would be absolutely huge, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Torts doesn't seem to trust Eminger after that goal, but honestly? That's more the fault of Richie and Del Zotto (in that order) than Eminger.

Either way, have to steal at least one in Washington to get a win this series, might as well do it tonight!

LGR
Why Richards first?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Why Richards first?

If you watch the play again (this is from memory, so forgive me). As the Caps come down the ice two-on-one, Del Zotto is skating backwards facing the play, and Richards is chasing from behind. Del Zotto immediately tries to communicate with Richards to take the man without the puck, but Richie continues to chase the man with the puck. Del Zotto sees this, and then gets caught in indecision. I think he takes a stride over to the passing lane, and then decides nope, and goes on his ass to block the pass as we've seen Rangers d-men do for most of the season. That quick indecision/miscommunication is why Del Zotto was late going down, and the Cap with the puck had space to move around DZ.

goalsequalvictory

Apr 28, 2013
Nice GDT, wouldn't have known it was your first time unless you mentioned it.

Win the first period, win the game. Washington's going to come out flying, we need to hold them off for one, and then turn it up in the second, get the lead, and don't go on the 5 on 5 PK, and we win the game.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
If you watch the play again (this is from memory, so forgive me). As the Caps come down the ice two-on-one, Del Zotto is skating backwards facing the play, and Richards is chasing from behind. Del Zotto immediately tries to communicate with Richards to take the man without the puck, but Richie continues to chase the man with the puck. Del Zotto sees this, and then gets caught in indecision. I think he takes a stride over to the passing lane, and then decides nope, and goes on his ass to block the pass as we've seen Rangers d-men do for most of the season. That quick indecision/miscommunication is why Del Zotto was late going down, and the Cap with the puck had space to move around DZ.

Not seeing it. Richards had Perreault covered well before he had to cover for MDZ. If Del Zotto was confused, it's because he's easily confusable.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

Not seeing it. Richards had Perreault covered well before he had to cover for MDZ. If Del Zotto was confused, it's because he's easily confusable.

Really? Seems obvious to me. Del Zotto points, Richards keeps coming. Del Zotto shifts towards the middle. Richards shifts towards the middle. Del Zotto "Oh ****" Ward has way too much space. Del Zotto tries to recover. Richards is on Perrault now. Ward has space. Power move around DZ to the net.

Not absolving anyone of blame here on this play, but it could have been avoided with better communication.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Going to miss the game tonight.

Please win. I don't know how much more I can take from these annoying Washington fans.

toastbag

Apr 23, 2012
To me the winner of this game wins the series. Getting off to a good start is key. Wednesday I said that I wanted to 2 goal lead so I didn't have to be stressed... a 2 goal lead wasn't good enough, but at least they held on. Henrik had a bad game Wednesday and I think that's good for the Rangers b/c he probably was very disappointed in himself which means he'll be back to himself tonight hopefully.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
First person to call this a must-win will be haunted by my ghost is you out-live me. I haven't thought of an appropriate punishment if you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad