Series Talk: ECQF: New York Rangers vs Washington Capitals (NYR Lead 3-0)

What is your prediction of the result of this series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Rangers are either going to bully the Caps into relocating to Arizona, or Charlie Lindgren will go sick-o mode and make this a 7-game series that the Caps win.

No in-between.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Yes, we get to see the Great8 in the playoffs once again. This is Rangers in 5 though unless Lindgren manages to steal a couple of games standing on his head.

Expect the Caps to be horribly outshot in this series. Caps D is not good.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
The Rangers would win round 1 regardless of opponent. I'm glad the Caps made it into the playoffs since I always enjoy watching Ovi. The Caps will be a nice tuneup for the Rangers moving into round 2. This series won't last long, but it should be hard hitting and entertaining in any case.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
The Caps always playing the Rangers hard. I think the Rangers win (obviously bias), but it’ll be frustratingly close.

agree, and don't think they'll do any different in this series. their style of play will clog up the ice and force a style of play that has always frustrated this group. i also don't think there's a ton to be taken away from regular season results. remember 2 years ago the rangers had swept the season series with the lightning and we know how that went.

a playoff series brings a whole different level of prep and focus into the equation, so you get much more detailed in your gameplan. regular season prep work is relatively minimal when you're playing 82 every other night. obviously the pace/physicality ratchets up a level too, so there's the relative ceilings and willingness to push to that to factor in as well.

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
neutral/caps fans: quick series for the rangers

rangers fans who have been paying attention for the past 100 or so years:
PTSD_Chihuahua_Banner.jpg

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Caps rolling into this series with wads of house money falling out of our pockets.

If the roles were reversed and we were the Presidents Trophy winner and some gritty Rangers with dumb luck had stumbled into the last wild card spot, I'd be terrified right now.
Like 2009 lol or whatever year it was that the Rangers somehow got a 3-1 lead in

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Any way I can vote Rags in 3? In reality, I have the Rangers winning in 5 games except if they are pretenders and I would not be shocked if the Caps win this season and provide us with another chock of epic proportions. I suspect that Cap's style will keep them in many of the games, they love low-event hockey and that does not mean exchanging chances, it means keeping mistakes at an all-time minimum low level, but when you play the same team over and over again, weaknesses get exposed and I suspect that is why the Rangers should win in 5.

I am a big Lindgren fan though and he has been freakin' unbelievable this season, he should most definitely get Vezina votes easily. Nonetheless, he and the Capitals' structured style should keep the games close, but Washington has such a lack of depth that it will hurt them in the long run. Not that I think Caps on here care, you lot are probably super stoked to make the playoffs at this stage, so enjoy the ride. The worst teams to face are the ones with zero pressure and Washington is "that" team this year. However, if Rangers are here with a mission as the Avs were in 2022, that lack of depth will be put to the grinder.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I'm just wondering how he gets suspended and how he manages to take Rempe with him.
It’s more likely Wilson gets the instigator after reacting to a Rempe hit than the reverse honestly. Then we have a 25 page thread on here where people say he’s too big and it’s his size that caused the elbow to hit the head of whatever player it was.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
JusticeforBradySkjei
What does that even mean? Skjei played like a dumb ass after his rookie year in New York when he had like 35 secondary assists playing primarily the Hayes/Miller/Grabner line. That and Beukeboom who was his whisperer leaving caused him to think he was Bobby Orr. It didn't go well.

Wilson going to decapitate Panarin and I can't wait for it.
They probably won't be on the ice much together. And Rempe Smash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad