Series Talk: ECQF: New York Rangers vs Washington Capitals (NYR Lead 3-0)

What is your prediction of the result of this series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I don’t think much of the Rags, but they got the one wildcard team that doesn’t have a chance at beating them.

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
All the teams that were competing for that spot suck, that's the plain truth. All the Wings needed to do was to win at least 1 of the 2 recent games against Washington.

The Wings only have themselves to blame.
Where did I say it’s not the wings fault? I didn’t. I simply said the way it ended, which I would think if roles were reversed, Caps fans would flip out as well, was horrible.

Like I said, I know flyers had to win in regulation but pulling your goalie in a tie game with minutes left, RARELY works.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
I don't know.. this has trap series written all over it. Wanna say Rags in 6, but I could see the caps selling out and trapping their way to this series especially if the hitting ramps up. Season series is tied 2-2.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Where did I say it’s not the wings fault? I didn’t. I simply said the way it ended, which I would think if roles were reversed, Caps fans would flip out as well, was horrible.

Like I said, I know flyers had to win in regulation but pulling your goalie in a tie game with minutes left, RARELY works.

Nah, the wings season ended when they lost their two games to the caps. Everything else they did was just an effort to earn a participation trophy... "we tried"

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah, if only the Rangers had a decent goalie.:rolleyes:
Why do you say that like it's something I'm not aware of? What does it even have to do with what I said?? Worst attempt at a dunk I've ever seen, truly we are in playoff mode early on hfboards

Reactions: dukeofjive

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
The Capitals were pretty heavy sellers at the trade deadline, trading away Mantha, Kuznetzov, and Edmunson. It’s a miracle they made they playoffs at all.

With that said, given the history of these 2 teams, think it’s still somehow a competitive series.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Rangers have a way of beating themselves and making things hard in the playoffs. But I'm hoping that Lavi and Panarin lead this team to have more of a killer instinct and make this a decisive series in their favor.

I can't remember the last time we won in under 7 games though.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
The Capitals were pretty heavy sellers at the trade deadline, trading away Mantha, Kuznetzov, and Edmunson. It’s a miracle they made they playoffs at all.

With that said, given the history of these 2 teams, think it’s still somehow a competitive series.

I wouldn't necessarily call that "heavy sellers".

Reactions: JenniferH

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Nah, if the Caps lost, I would’ve been proud of them for fighting until the bitter end. Nobody had them close to a playoff spot, the consensus was that they would be a lottery team.

The new coach Spencer Carbery really deserves a ton of credit, his team never gives up no matter how bad things get. Lindgren and Ovechkin carried the team in the second half and took advantage of others sleeping at the wheel.

It sucks for the Wings, but somebody had to lose. You won’t convince me this Caps team wasn’t deserving of chance. They won some huge games against difficult opponents to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad