Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
MRyG.gif

vs

giphy.gif

Looking forward to what should be a good series.

KrisLeturnover

Jan 17, 2021
It kills me to say this, but I've had it with the NHL. The stuff you can get away with just straight up reduces the importance of skill. The literal second that Kenny Albert said Crosby was having trouble getting off the ice and that he was heading down the tunnel my mood flipped. And the entire series flipped.

I get that it's hockey. The nature of the game gravitates towards physical play. No shit. But if players can just run around leading with their elbow and have no repercussions for doing that..what's the point of being the best player in the world. Crosby's prime was literally taken from him from this garbage.

I'm finding another sport to superfan. Probably soccer. Yea, they dive. But skill actually matters. NBA and NFL suffer from over calling penalties.

Not watching game 7

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Teams are going to be physical vs the Pens. That is a given. It is the head shots that are inexcusable here. Trouba was looking to hit high all night long and taking out Sid changed the dynamic. Now maybe the Pens catch a couple PP's and score a couple to limit this stuff. But the trade off is letting the players decide is based on skill and talent not taking questionable shots that can take a player of the ice.

Reactions: frisco

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
It kills me to say this, but I've had it with the NHL. The stuff you can get away with just straight up reduces the importance of skill. The literal second that Kenny Albert said Crosby was having trouble getting off the ice and that he was heading down the tunnel my mood flipped. And the entire series flipped.

I get that it's hockey. The nature of the game gravitates towards physical play. No shit. But if players can just run around leading with their elbow and have no repercussions for doing that..what's the point of being the best player in the world. Crosby's prime was literally taken from him from this garbage.

I'm finding another sport to superfan. Probably soccer. Yea, they dive. But skill actually matters. NBA and NFL suffer from over calling penalties.

Not watching game 7
I'm with you. I didn't have the heart to watch Game Six and I won't be watching Seven. When it comes down to who can eliminate the most key players from the other team it really is not a sport anymore. I don't see how the Rangers could appreciate a win in this series. Sort of like Tonya Harding winning the U.S. figure skating after knocking Nancy Kerrigan out.

Gerard Gallant is goon coach. And his type still rules the day in the league.

And do people really like watching others being maimed on the ice and celebrating this? Haven't they heard of the guys who have literally lost their lives after receiving brain injuries while playing?

My Best-Carey

hockeyplayer999

Dec 27, 2021
I'm with you. I didn't have the heart to watch Game Six and I won't be watching Seven. When it comes down to who can eliminate the most key players from the other team it really is not a sport anymore. I don't see how the Rangers could appreciate a win in this series. Sort of like Tonya Harding winning the U.S. figure skating after knocking Nancy Kerrigan out.

And do people really like watching others being maimed on the ice and celebrating this? Haven't they heard of the guys who have literally lost their lives after receiving brain injuries while playing?

My Best-Carey
Like always look in your own backyard. Malkin always tries to injure players. He might be worse then pk slewban. Crosby is not an angel either unless he is an angel during his acting career. Leteng dirty. Carter takes out shesterkin. Motte out for awhile because of guess what team with a dirty hit. Oh yea penguins. but. It’s ok when pens play dirty.

Reactions: TwentyFour

frisco

Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Like always look in your own backyard. Malkin always tries to injure players. He might be worse then pk slewban. Crosby is not an angel either unless he is an angel during his acting career. Leteng dirty. Carter takes out shesterkin. Motte out for awhile because of guess what team with a dirty hit. Oh yea penguins. but. It’s ok when pens play dirty.
Friday, May 13, 2022
Player Position Updated Injury Injury Status
B. GoodrowBarclay Goodrow LW Fri, May 13 Lower Body Expected to be out until at least May 13

Saturday, May 14, 2022
S. CrosbySidney Crosby C Sat, May 14 Concussion
R. RakellRickard Rakell C Sat, May 14 Upper Body Expected to be out until at least May 11
T. JarryTristan Jarry G Sat, May 14 Foot Expected to be out until at least May 11

Friday, May 13, 2022​

B. BoyleBrian Boyle C Fri, May 13 Lower Body
B. DumoulinBrian Dumoulin D Fri, May 13 Lower Body Expected to be out until at least May 11

Thursday, May 12, 2022​

C. DeSmithCasey DeSmith G Thu, May 12 Abdomen Expected to be out until at least Sep 15

KrisLeturnover

Jan 17, 2021
Not okay for me when we play dirty. Saying Carter "taking out" Shesterkin = dirty is laughable tho. Also I can't think of a single instance of Geno deliberately trying to injure someone. Not even gonna touch the Crosby thing.

Tanger can get dirty when he loses his temper, which is often.

No team is perfect. It's a symptom of the league not just being a Pittsburgh Penguins fan.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Not okay for me when we play dirty. Saying Carter "taking out" Shesterkin = dirty is laughable tho. Also I can't think of a single instance of Geno deliberately trying to injure someone. Not even gonna touch the Crosby thing.

No team is perfect. It's a symptom of the league not just being a Pittsburgh Penguins fan.
Oh really? Not a single instance? And these clips barely touch the plethora of slewfoots Malkin is quite infamous for.

Do you want more examples?

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011

My Best-Carey

Maimed on the ice? You're kidding me right? Do you know what the definition of maimed is?

Crosby's head didn't fall off. It caught part of Trouba's shoulder. Don't stare at your feet in the low slot when you have a history of concussions. Get over it.

Pens fans, can you guys stop crying about the hit already? It doesn't even matter. Both our teams would get dummied by Carolina. Be glad it's been a fun series with essentially 8 games played. Neither of us are winning it all this year, relax

frisco

Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Don't stare at your feet in the low slot when you have a history of concussions. Get over it.
Why does he have a history of concussions in the first place? The scummy likes of Trouba, David Steckel, et al, trying to injure him out at every opportunity. Some people get it, some don't, I guess. And yes, players have actually died from the direct consequence of head injuries. Enjoy the game.

My Best-Carey

Oh really? Not a single instance? And these clips barely touch the plethora of slewfoots Malkin is quite infamous for.

Can you name one player who as actually missed a game due to an injury caused by Malkin?

My Best-Carey

Reactions: KrisLeturnover

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England

Not watching game 7
As a pittsburgh fan, soccer should be right up your alley. Pens dive and fake injuries more than any team in Serie A. And when you dive and fake more than an Italian soccer player that's saying something.

Back to hockey, at least you've got evgeny slewfoot in the lineup to bring some physicality to the pens, granted it's all illegal but it's something.

KrisLeturnover

Jan 17, 2021

Yea these are some bad plays. Sometimes Geno angry and do dumbs. It's kinda similar to the Letang thing I guess. Loses his temper and makes hits he obviously shouldn't.

As I said, I couldn't remember an instance. Doesn't mean it never happened. Maybe it's cause I'm conditioned by the league to just view this kinda stuff as the norm.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014

i mean geno is a complete snapshow at times, maybe you dont want to call it deliberate in the sense his wires get so crossed no thoughts are happening...but the history of stickwork like crosschecks to the face and quite a few flyby shoulders clipping guys that look pretty bad

at the end of the day way too many fans get caught up in their emotions and have to find a boogeyman for some good guys vs bad guys story in their heads. in the moment youll see players and coaches have similarly heated opinions on certain players/plays. but what no one seems to be interested in grasping is this idea of players in the nhl taking actions with premeditated intent to cause serious injury just flat out does not exist. there are deliberately ugly actions that happen but those are always guys whove gone off the deep end about something and flat out not thinking. that doesnt excuse those actions by any means but that those moments are premeditated efforts to end guys seasonss/careers is nonsense.

then theres the hockey plays with bad outcomes. too many fans just dont understand plays happen that look ugly but the reality is guys in the nhl just dont think that way point blank period. plays happen so much faster than the common fan can understand and in too many cases refuse to accept this because its taken as belittling their knowledge of the game. thats not it, there are just situational plays where if you havent been there its hard to impart understanding of what transpired. it doesnt mean someone who hasnt been there is incapable of having an understanding of the game vastly superior to anyone who has in virtually every other sense. bottom line not one play in this series has had an ounce of targeted intent to injure involved. theres been borderline hits, bad outcomes, poor reactions...but people dont understand hockey and the culture of the sport if they think theres a guy in either locker room who wants to injure another player. big fan of spittin chiclets podcast and theyve had a number of former players over the last couple years who are really open in discussing their careers/mindsets/locker rooms/teammates involved in infamous incidents. if people think theres players trying to injure each other out there they should really give some of those a listen, its maybe the only way that might get reality through. if nothing else it gives a human element to whats really going on in players minds on the ice.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad