Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
MRyG.gif

vs

giphy.gif

Looking forward to what should be a good series.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
This game is going to game 7. For the most part it's been an enjoyable series, and fans from both sides are too busy turning this into a measuring content. Who cares who got a franchise player and who didn't in the lottery? Why are we even bringing this crap up?

Some of you fans are simply the worst. If you cheered Crosby being injured (regardless how you viewed the hit), or cheer for a NYR player to be injured, you're just the worst kind of fan.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Big decision is Jarry for Stir fry....big gamble that Sully is not afraid of. After muffing Kreiders fly ball the only choice may be an inactive Jarry which in itself is something to consider. But Stir Fry is who he is.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Big decision is Jarry for Stir fry....big gamble that Sully is not afraid of. After muffing Kreiders fly ball the only choice may be an inactive Jarry which in itself is something to consider. But Stir Fry is who he is.

I still have faith in the King. Id like to see the Pens keep him next year as the #3 again.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Matheson....he has had a good series...he can be a confident bull at times...this must of been who the Panthers saw when they gave him the big bucks

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
When the Rangers scored 2 quick goals to tie game 5, I said out loud that they will win the series.

It is now shaping up that they will probably make the final 4, and likely the finals.

I said at the beginning that they have a bye the first round. Penguins have yet to prove me wrong.
I have no idea how you could watch this series and think the Rangers will go to the finals. Unless Shesterkin goes God Mode i think they get dummied in the 2nd round by either opponent. And thats if they win game 7. Anything can happen in a game 7.

Reactions: TGWL

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
NYR basically got gifted another round. With that said, perhaps this is Laf's (another gift) breakout?

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I have no idea how you could watch this series and think the Rangers will go to the finals. Unless Shesterkin goes God Mode i think they get dummied in the 2nd round by either opponent. And thats if they win game 7. Anything can happen in a game 7.

I mean as a Devils fan, Shesterkin struggling is giving me some schadenfreude but acting like he can't flip the switch to god Shesterkin isn't the biggest stretch. It's also not like Carolina and Boston have an elite goalie unless Freddy comes back for the former and who knows how rusty he'll be. But you're right, first things first, gotta focus on the game 7 at hand.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I mean as a Devils fan, Shesterkin struggling is giving me some schadenfreude but acting like he can't flip the switch to god Shesterkin isn't the biggest stretch. It's also not like Carolina and Boston have an elite goalie unless Freddy comes back for the former and who knows how rusty he'll be. But you're right, first things first, gotta focus on the game 7 at hand.
Given the Devils goaltending this season i dont blame you for the schadenfreude.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
Pretty sure most Pens fan will disagree with you. Both fan bases think their team's coaches have been poor.
Idk, maybe its a case of Pitt needing a new voice and change of scenery. But the guy won two cups with them. And I get that every fan base bitches at their coach in these games, but Sullivan has very little to work with at this point, let's be honest. A third string goalie, no Crosby, pretty much almost an AHL team behind some players at this point. And we are having this many issues with him. Pitt is upset at him because they shouldn't be winning and now they have hope of winning so they're just taking their frustration out on him.

Gallant has said he doesn't believe in line matching (which he is getting taken to the shed with), and his use of timeouts has been questionable. Obviously a good portion of blame lays at the players feet, but our defensive structure has been ECHL at times. I've disliked our organization's lack of X's and O's literacy for quite a while now.

They are not moving their feet. Trying to make static passes to each other. It doesn't take a genius to see the problems, but I don't see any adjustment whatsoever. Our play and problems have been just as abysmal since game 2.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
to give an outside perspective this feels like a mistake. i get the blown leads frustration but theyve had a few big injuries. on the flip side hes put together a masterful plan to open up a ranger team that strangled their offense in late season games, and defensively theyve done a great job being disciplined collapsing in the middle. against this ranger team that usually cant pass up a scoring chance to go cross ice no matter how many sticks, bodies, or fallen scoreboards stand in between them and the recipient, that can be a backbreaker. but it takes coaching and discipline to effectively use it and be able to break out from it. even great coaches can have their voice go stale with a group after a period of time but i havent seen a hint of that. hes got the entire roster playing above their heads - their effort last night without crosby was impressive as hell effort and execution wise. idno i just dont know that its possible to upgrade from sullivan considering his x's and o's ability and the effort he gets out of his players. its possible i guess, but from what ive seen i couldnt be more impressed
Excellent comments and an outside perspective is always welcomed. I would also note post game or the morning after is not the best time to comment after the shitshow lapses of the past couple games. I'm still livid. I get sometimes what appears to be a team's errors are actually the other team playing very well, I don't think this is the case here, i.e., the Pens blew it by sticking to the game plan for only 50 minutes a game. Give the Rangers credit, they took advantage when they had to but watching that puck float in the goal last night was dreadful coda that every pens knew was going to happen after they blew two leads in do or die situations. Sullivan, while outcoaching GG IMHO, isn't coaching the team he has. This isn't the 2017 Pens. Get a coach who can coach the team we have or get the players that can play our system.

Matheson....he has had a good series...he can be a confident bull at times...this must of been who the Panthers saw when they gave him the big bucks
He can play the Pens game. I'm glad we have him buttoned up for a few years.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Excellent comments and an outside perspective is always welcomed. I would also note post game or the morning after is not the best time to comment after the shitshow lapses of the past couple games. I'm still livid. I get sometimes what appears to be a team's errors are actually the other team playing very well, I don't think this is the case here, i.e., the Pens blew it by sticking to the game plan for only 50 minutes a game. Give the Rangers credit, they took advantage when they had to but watching that puck float in the goal last night was dreadful coda that every pens knew was going to happen after they blew two leads in do or die situations. Sullivan, while outcoaching GG IMHO, isn't coaching the team he has. This isn't the 2017 Pens. Get a coach who can coach the team we have or get the players that can play our system.

He can play the Pens game. I'm glad we have him buttoned up for a few years.

It's crazy how evenly matched this series has been, also in how identical some of the wins and losses have looked. Rangers lost game 3 on a late back breaker of a shit goal, Pens lost game 6 in the same fashion. Both teams depth getting exposed with injuries everywhere. I think the major difference is that the Rangers injuries have looked lesser on paper because their guys are playing thru them. Which depending on the severity could be worse than having them just sit and replaced with a bottom 6er that can just grind away and get pucks deep into the O zone. Panarin and Copp look like shells of their former selves.

Moving to tomorrow, that's an awfully tough ask of Jarry to play his first game back in a game 7 on the road. Domingue really hasn't been bad; he just hasn't been able to steal a game. He's stopped some chances that probably should've went it, and he's let some in that probably should've been stopped. I feel like if you can get that out of your third string G you're in a good spot. He's given them a chance to win every single night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad