Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 - 4/23 7:11 PM - WIN OR PLAY GOLF - NESN, NBCSN, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Who wins Game 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Thought hype for Avengers: Endgame would dominate my week. Nope. Way more excited for game 7 right now.

Do we go back to Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta tomorrow to throw a curve ball at the Leafs?

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Mojo Jojo
Heinen-Coyle-Kuhlman/Backes
Acciarai-Kuraly-Wagner

Wouldn't mind going back to the heavier line up to go for another game 2 type approach. Gotta figure the refs will be swallowing the whistle in game 7, cause they don't want to be blamed for tilting the game one way or another. (Both teams are mighty guilty of blaming the zebras this series)

It’s certainly a nice distraction

Me n the misses are seeing in imax (will be my first time seeing imax period) with prime seating and have a hotel to stay in after since it’s a late show and were somewhat far from home. Can’t wait. I doubt it’ll let any of us down and I hope the bruins don’t either!

Reactions: UConn126

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
If Boston wins does anyone have any guesses as to when GM1 and GM2 might be? I know the Celtics have the 2nd rd with home court starting this week too.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Thought hype for Avengers: Endgame would dominate my week. Nope. Way more excited for game 7 right now.

Do we go back to Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta tomorrow to throw a curve ball at the Leafs?

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Mojo Jojo
Heinen-Coyle-Kuhlman/Backes
Acciarai-Kuraly-Wagner

Wouldn't mind going back to the heavier line up to go for another game 2 type approach. Gotta figure the refs will be swallowing the whistle in game 7, cause they don't want to be blamed for tilting the game one way or another. (Both teams are mighty guilty of blaming the zebras this series)
tumblr_o0x6x7P8Uh1sgixyoo3_250.gif

Reactions: UConn126

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
2014 Bruins missed a great shot at the Cup when they lost to a weaker Habs team.

If they lose tomorrow it will be an even greater shot lost at the Cup.

They were the 2nd best home ice team this year. They are due at home going 1-2. They play against a team that they always eliminate in 7.

Especially with all the top teams that already lost, they have to take advantage.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Ya I'd rather see how the real ice is. Oh well

On Friday the Leafs knew the ice was going to be bad, the Bruins did not until the warmup

I can't off the top of my head ever seeing a visiting team at Warrior - Most visiting teams prefer BU.

One NHL team actually uses Simoni in East Cambridge because it is near their hotel.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I was going to ask why you think it is a mistake, then I thought about it a bit more.

In my head, I think it would be preferable to spend the whole day at the Garden soaking it up and getting into the mindset to defend their home ice, rather than showing up with the Leafs already camped out in their barn. Also, the obvious... you'd think they'd want to be testing the ice, preparing, testing the boards, etc.

Right now the Bruins won 1 game at TD Garden and 2 games in Toronto.

So preparing like an away game at home, is a good decision. Imo

cbbb25

Jan 17, 2012
If Boston wins does anyone have any guesses as to when GM1 and GM2 might be? I know the Celtics have the 2nd rd with home court starting this week too.

The celtics dont have home court. Boston only got home court for the first round. Philly/Toronto/Milwaukee are all the higher seed.

haha I hope the celtics beat Milwaukee and Toronto beats Philly. Boston-Toronto in ECF would be pretty funny after just playing in the first round of NHL

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
At the end of the day, I think tomorrow night is the Bruins game to lose.

Assuming we have seen the Leafs best at some point in the series, I feel Bostons best outclassed them.

Matthews, their big scoring threat?

2 wide open cross seam passes he scored off of. Marner force feeds him a ppg while he's standing still in the crease.

Another that broke through Rask that Rask probably stops 9 out of 10 times.

I know they don't ask how, just how many, but we haven't really made him work for the majority of his goals. No hard working grind goals. No highlight reel dangle goals. I'm not really worried about him. I was more worried about Kessel, Staal, Karlsson, etc. in the past.

Magic Man Marner must be working on his Aztec Tomb illusion.

Tavares hasn't shown much offensively.

Just bring their best game Tuesday and I can't imagine it's a close game.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I agree with Coach Fenway - you should practice how you play. There is absolutely no reason why the Bruins should be practicing at Warrior when there's a perfectly good time set aside for them at the Garden. It's 100% not an excuse - if they lose, I doubt that would be the differencemaker. But why tempt fate? They've played 41 regular season games and 3 playoff games at the Garden. They should know the ice by now, but it's always good to get a last minute look. The ONLY reason I could think is that some players (particularly vets) may live nearer to Warrior, so it's easier to do the skate-nap-play routine if it's at Warrior.

Round 2 for all teams should start Thursday, the day after round 1, and would likely feature any teams that didn't play Wednesday, and have an arena open that day (read: us). Even if all of Wednesday's games get cancelled, starting round 2 on Wednesday is just too soon (and possibly impossible if the Sharks host - Calder Cup playoffs that day.)

Thanks to Cher playing the Garden on Sunday, it basically leaves Thursday/Saturday or Friday/Monday, if you avoid back to backs. The latter is plain stupid, giving up a weekend game in Boston. JJ would throttle Bettman.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
my pick was Bruins in 7 with the score 2-2 headed into period 3 and I still feel that way. Krejci late goal and Marchand en, 4-2 bruins
Are you trying to kill me? I know it's a happy ending but I'm not sure I survive until then if that's how it goes :laugh:

Reactions: BMC and Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad