Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 - 4/23 7:11 PM - WIN OR PLAY GOLF - NESN, NBCSN, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Who wins Game 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
sports42219.png

Game Seven Officials

KS11.jpg
WM04.jpg

Referees Kelly Sutherland (11), Wes McCauley (4)
Brian Pochmara (16)*

Linesmen Pierre Racicot (65), Greg Devorski (54)
Devin Berg (87)

upload_2019-4-22_16-17-20.png

upload_2019-4-22_16-17-46.png

:bruins:sc09::leafs
The Toronto Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins have been here before.

They will play a seventh game in a first-round playoff series at Boston on Tuesday night for the second season in a row and for the third time since 2013.

The Bruins forced the latest showdown with a 4-2 victory in Toronto on Sunday afternoon. Each team has won twice on the road in this series.

Although Boston won the Game 7 clashes in 2013 and 2018, both teams are claiming indifference to what happened in the past.

"I'm not a big believer of living in the past," Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock said. "I don't carry a lot of stuff around from the past at all. The bottom line is we've got a one-game series against these guys and we like each other, we like our group, we like hanging around together, we want to be together. The only way you get to be together is if you play good and execute and win."

Bruins left winger Jake DeBrusk, who scored a goal Sunday, said the success in Game 7 last year does not matter.

"No, to be honest, probably the only thing is home ice," he said. "But they've already won twice there. It's one of those things where you try to forget the past whether it's this series or last year's series."

Toronto started Game 6 with energy and scored the first goal of the game in the first period. Boston came back with two power-play goals and led 2-1 after the first period. It could have been more without a couple of superb saves by Maple Leafs goaltender Frederik Andersen.

Boston had a 41-24 advantage in shots on goal for the game.

Toronto defenseman Jake Muzzin feels the Maple Leafs did not handle the setbacks in Game 6 as well as they had in earlier games of the series.

"We're going to have to maintain our composure on the bench and in the room and go in there with the same attitude that we've gone in there before and I think we'll be OK," Muzzin said Monday.

"We're not going to look at anything that's happened in the past and expect it to play out a certain way," said Bruins left winger Brad Marchand, who scored twice on Sunday, including the clincher into an empty net. "We're fighting for our season again next game. We don't know how it's going to play out, but we're going to have fun doing it."

The Bruins played their best game of the series in Game 6 and will try to carry it over to Game 7.

"Obviously we're desperate, but this is the kind of thing we talked about (Saturday), trying to hit your ceiling," Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy said. "We got as close to it (Sunday) as I've seen in a long time."

A key for the Maple Leafs will be to avoid penalties. The Bruins are 7-for-16 (43.75 percent) on the power play in the series after going 2-for-2 on Sunday. Toronto was 0-for-3 on the power play Sunday and is 3-for-14 (21.42 percent) on the series.

"Obviously, them getting two on the power play is not what we wanted," said Toronto defenseman Morgan Rielly, who scored the first goal of the game Sunday. "It's important that we get that sorted out on the penalty kill."

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I thought this was going to be a 7 game series before it began. Infact I thought it could be Bruins in 6. And it may have been had the Refs not gotten the Hyman interference call wrong. It was the worst call of the series, as it changed the whole momentum of game 5 and could have cost the Bruins the series. Otherwise the likelihood of Bruins finishing the series in 6 would most likely would have occurred already. The Bruins won game 6, and now they have a chance to control their own destiny.

The only thing that would worry me from a Bruins perspective, is Andersen who has been simply outstanding this series, could steal game 7. If Rask matches Andersen, I will say confidently the Bruins will move on. Kuraly has been a boost since coming back, and Krug and McAvoy have stepped up.

So if the Refs call it even, and Rask matches Andersen, he doesn't even have to be better than Andersen, just his equal. I can see it going the Bruins way tomorrow. Those are the keys. Leafs have gotten the benefit of the officiating this series, and it has been bad on both sides, and Andersen has kept them in. Otherwise this series would be over already.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Bruins have elected to do the morning skate tomorrow at Warrior instead of TD Garden where the Leafs will be. I think that is a BIG mistake.

Tuesday, April 23 (Boston, MA)
-Pregame skate, 10:30 a.m. (Warrior Ice Arena)
-Head Coach Bruce cassidy and players available to media following pregame skate

Reactions: Ladyfan

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
The Bruins have elected to do the morning skate tomorrow at Warrior instead of TD Garden where the Leafs will be. I think that is a BIG mistake.

Tuesday, April 23 (Boston, MA)
-Pregame skate, 10:30 a.m. (Warrior Ice Arena)
-Head Coach Bruce cassidy and players available to media following pregame skate

Ya I'd rather see how the real ice is. Oh well

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Bruins have to show that playing 82 games to earn home ice advantage pays dividends, tomorrow we find out.

Reactions: Neely2005

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins notify NHL about Maple Leafs’ ‘skate bump’ tactics - The Boston Globe

Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy was not thinking “slew-foot” when Joakim Nordstrom appeared to have his skates taken out by Toronto’s Travis Dermott in the first period of Game 6 Sunday. But Cassidy said he is alerting officiating supervisors about the Maple Leafs’ tactics as the teams prepare for Game 7 Tuesday night at TD Garden.

“I just find their skates bump the back of ours a lot, whether that’s just dumb luck or how they battle for pucks,” Cassidy said after practice at Warrior Ice Arena Monday. “We’ve brought it up with the supervisor, if you see a few of them. There’s a couple things we find Toronto does that we’ve brought up, that’s why they’re [the supervisors] here, that’s what they ask for — anything you see.

“I’m sure Toronto brings things up with us. We’ll see where it goes.

I noticed there was one on the faceoff, [Sean] Kuraly went down from behind. There’s been a few of them every game. It started with the [Jake] DeBrusk battle [in Game 2] but I don’t know if I’d call it a slew-foot.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Bruins notify NHL about Maple Leafs’ ‘skate bump’ tactics - The Boston Globe

Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy was not thinking “slew-foot” when Joakim Nordstrom appeared to have his skates taken out by Toronto’s Travis Dermott in the first period of Game 6 Sunday. But Cassidy said he is alerting officiating supervisors about the Maple Leafs’ tactics as the teams prepare for Game 7 Tuesday night at TD Garden.

“I just find their skates bump the back of ours a lot, whether that’s just dumb luck or how they battle for pucks,” Cassidy said after practice at Warrior Ice Arena Monday. “We’ve brought it up with the supervisor, if you see a few of them. There’s a couple things we find Toronto does that we’ve brought up, that’s why they’re [the supervisors] here, that’s what they ask for — anything you see.

“I’m sure Toronto brings things up with us. We’ll see where it goes.

I noticed there was one on the faceoff, [Sean] Kuraly went down from behind. There’s been a few of them every game. It started with the [Jake] DeBrusk battle [in Game 2] but I don’t know if I’d call it a slew-foot.
This is what Cherry has been talking about all series. He’s got a video of all them together up to the point he did it. I think that was at only 3 games and there were a half dozen already.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
I am not surprised that this series went to game 7. Anyone writing off the Leafs has not been paying attention.

The inconsistency of the Bruins pretty much guaranteed we end up exactly where we are right now.

It really depends on which team shows up tomorrow. Here's hoping the best of this Bruins team shows up for game 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->