Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 - 4/23 7:11 PM - WIN OR PLAY GOLF - NESN, NBCSN, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Who wins Game 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
Matchups are so overrated. You don't hear a word of it in any series and then Babcock is coaching and you don't hear the end of it.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Matchups are so overrated. You don't hear a word of it in any series and then Babcock is coaching and you don't hear the end of it.
yep, just finished watching PrimeTimeSports down here, had both Jim Hughson and Brian Lawton say the same thing with Hughson referring to his line matching as "incessant" and saying Babcock should be playing Matthews until he can`t breathe.

Every coach has their preferences of course as to whom they ideally would like to have out there but for the B`s, IMO, the matchup focus should be more about which D pairing goes out vs Matthews

IMO, what Babcock has done, and reinforces to me that questioning his overrated abilities as a coach is he has the Tavares line so focused on trying to stop or limit the Bergy line, he`s handcuffed them as far as giving them the freedom to do what they do best which is create offense using their speed and skill.

Doesn`t offend me, keep on doing that Babs:)

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
The Bruins have elected to do the morning skate tomorrow at Warrior instead of TD Garden where the Leafs will be. I think that is a BIG mistake.

Tuesday, April 23 (Boston, MA)
-Pregame skate, 10:30 a.m. (Warrior Ice Arena)
-Head Coach Bruce cassidy and players available to media following pregame skate

I was going to ask why you think it is a mistake, then I thought about it a bit more.

In my head, I think it would be preferable to spend the whole day at the Garden soaking it up and getting into the mindset to defend their home ice, rather than showing up with the Leafs already camped out in their barn. Also, the obvious... you'd think they'd want to be testing the ice, preparing, testing the boards, etc.

Reactions: Strafer

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I was going to ask why you think it is a mistake, then I thought about it a bit more.

In my head, I think it would be preferable to spend the whole day at the Garden soaking it up and getting into the mindset to defend their home ice, rather than showing up with the Leafs already camped out in their barn. Also, the obvious... you'd think they'd want to be testing the ice, preparing, testing the boards, etc.
judging by what Marchand said about the ice at TD, I`d rather the boys practice elsewhere and let the Leafs trip over themselves all morning:laugh:

Reactions: Alicat and caz16

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Thought hype for Avengers: Endgame would dominate my week. Nope. Way more excited for game 7 right now.

Do we go back to Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta tomorrow to throw a curve ball at the Leafs?

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Mojo Jojo
Heinen-Coyle-Kuhlman/Backes
Acciarai-Kuraly-Wagner

Wouldn't mind going back to the heavier line up to go for another game 2 type approach. Gotta figure the refs will be swallowing the whistle in game 7, cause they don't want to be blamed for tilting the game one way or another. (Both teams are mighty guilty of blaming the zebras this series)

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005

Why wouldn’t they tell the Leafs the Garden is not available and send them to Warrior instead?

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Bruins notify NHL about Maple Leafs’ ‘skate bump’ tactics - The Boston Globe

Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy was not thinking “slew-foot” when Joakim Nordstrom ....

I am.

giphy.gif

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
judging by what Marchand said about the ice at TD, I`d rather the boys practice elsewhere and let the Leafs trip over themselves all morning:laugh:

I'd rather they practice on the surface they will be playing on, and adapt to it, rather than setting false expectations.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

I would hope they already know this since the play there so much.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'd rather they practice on the surface they will be playing on, and adapt to it, rather than setting false expectations.
boys have played 44 games there this year plus some pre season tilts, no mysteries left

Bigger mystery is why Babcock doesn`t play Tavares/Matthews on the PK but goes with Hyman and co? keep on keeping on Babs

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Jack losing his mind, classic, looks like I`ll be watching game 7 via stream to ease the pain of having to listen to Craig Simpson any longer, Jim Hughson I can stomach but Simpson is awful

Promote Louie Debrusk to the "A" team. I'd love to see their individual biases play out while we listen to them argue. :rant::laugh:

Edit: Debrusk and Hughson, of course.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Fixed some things for ya

Thought hype for Avengers: Endgame would dominate my week. Nope. Way more excited for game 7 right now.

Do we go back to Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta tomorrow to throw a curve ball at the Leafs? NO

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Mojo Jojo
Heinen-Coyle-Kuhlman/(Backes eating popcorn in the nosebleeds)
Nordstrom/Acciarai-Kuraly-(Wagner sits again, why ruin a perfect lineup, he is hurting)

Wouldn't mind going back to the heavier line up to go for another game 2 type approach. Gotta figure the refs will be swallowing the whistle in game 7, cause they don't want to be blamed for tilting the game one way or another. (Both teams are mighty guilty of blaming the zebras this series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad