Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 6 - There Will Be A Game 7 in Boston Wednesday 7:40 PM - Maple Leafs 3 BRUINS 1 FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Krug has been dead last in goalie on ice save percentage and plus/minus in the 2017 regular season, 2018 regular season and 2018 post season. thats 162 games worth of sample size. I understand you probably only look at fantasy hockey stats, but theres much more to hockey than racking up assists on the power play.

False, but continue to make assumptions. You know what happens when you assume.....Well, take off the "me" part.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Since 2008 the Bruins have made the playoffs 8 times

There season has ended with losses at the Td Garden 6x

09 Carolina
10 Philly
12 Washington
13 Chicago
14 Montreal
17 Ottawa

Our core guys hates winning games to save there season at home

Let’s see if they FINALLY show up for a big home playoff game

Last edited:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
The offense is there though. 3 points in the 4 games we have sucked in. Hes got 8x as many points as Rick Nash.

I don't think it would be a bad move to dress Holden for Schaller and play Torey on the 4th line and 1st PP unit. Put guys in roles where they can succeed.

Burns plays both forward and D. Buff did too. There would be zero shame in playing him on D for the regular season and moving him to forward in the playoffs. Noone is taking his job as QB of the PP. We haven't given up a shortie with him and Pasternak running the point.
Krug won’t be used as a forward in a game 7 on Wednesday. I think you can count on that .

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
The offense is there though. 3 points in the 4 games we have sucked in. Hes got 8x as many points as Rick Nash.

I don't think it would be a bad move to dress Holden for Schaller and play Torey on the 4th line and 1st PP unit. Put guys in roles where they can succeed.

Burns plays both forward and D. Buff did too. There would be zero shame in playing him on D for the regular season and moving him to forward in the playoffs. Noone is taking his job as QB of the PP. We haven't given up a shortie with him and Pasternak running the point.

The offense has always been there, there is no doubting that. Its just that his offense doesnt out weigh his defense. He has the worst even strength Goals For to Goals Against ratio on the bruins the past 162 games hes played in the past 2 seasons among defenders who have played in at least 40 games for the bruins each of the past 2 seasons.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
False, but continue to make assumptions. You know what happens when you assume.....Well, take off the "me" part.

Its certainly not false that krug has been last on the Bruins in Goalie on ice save percentage and plus/minus among defenders each of the past 2 seasons and the 2018 playoffs.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Since 2008 the Bruins have made the playoffs 8 times

There season has ended with losses at the Td Garden 6x

09 Carolina
10 Philly
12 Washington
13 Chicago
14 Montreal
17 Ottawa

Our core guys hates winning games to save there season at home

Let’s see if they FINALLY show up for a big home playoff game
Yuck

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
The offense has always been there, there is no doubting that. Its just that his offense doesnt out weigh his defense. He has the worst even strength Goals For to Goals Against ratio on the bruins the past 162 games hes played in the past 2 seasons among defenders who have played in at least 40 games for the bruins each of the past 2 seasons.

Yeah. And the Krug playing some forward talk should carry more traction now we have guys like Grizz and McAvoy that are very good in transition. Assuming they play on different units you are going to have a very good puck mover on the ice nearly at all times. You don't need Krug for that anymore.

I think on average around 12/60 minutes per game in the NHL is special teams. That leaves 48 minutes of even strength. On different pairings McAvoy and Grizz can cover 38 or so of those. You have about 10 minutes per game of even strength to get by without a top puck mover. Very doable.

Krug on the ice for 10-12 minutes ES at forward and 4 or so playing 1.20 every PP assuming we get the league average 3 PPs per game will get his point totals. Might even do better than people think up front.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
The team has not been the same since Carlo went down.
The biggest change is how Cassidy uses the defense when they're trailing, and when the top line isn't going, they're trailing. They go down to a 4 man rotation quick.

lucic27

proposal trade
Jul 7, 2014
QUÉBEC CITY
Cassidy has very well coach , Tukka has very good tonight, the worst player tonight Riley Nash no effort , when kuraly to play with Nash and Backes good change to score

My line up game 7

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Debrusk Backes Nash
Heinen Kreci Donato
Schaller Kuraly Acciari Riley nash is surely hurt

Chara McAvoy Krug Miller Grzelcky Mcquaid

(Can be play Holden like 8 d man to play more Pastrnak Nash Marchand Debrusk Bergie , Scracht Acciari )

Reactions: since76

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Bruins can still turn this around . Anyone recall the 1st rounds in 2011 and 2013 ? . The team looked like complete shit for much of those rounds but found a way in game 7 . We knew this was going to be a war . Anybody really surprised we are going to a game 7 vs the Leafs ? Let’s get it on !

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Yeah. And the Krug playing some forward talk should carry more traction now we have guys like Grizz and McAvoy that are very good in transition. Assuming they play on different units you are going to have a very good puck mover on the ice nearly at all times. You don't need Krug for that anymore.

I think on average around 12/60 minutes per game in the NHL is special teams. That leaves 48 minutes of even strength. On different pairings McAvoy and Grizz can cover 38 or so of those. You have about 10 minutes per game of even strength to get by without a top puck mover. Very doable.

Krug on the ice for 10-12 minutes ES at forward and 4 or so playing 1.20 every PP assuming we get the league average 3 PPs per game will get his point totals. Might even do better than people think up front.

Even though Gryz played on the 3rd line and played the weakest competition this year, I'm absolutely down to give him 2nd line minutes over Krug and let Krug work the Power Play and get less 5v5 minutes.

Bruins goalies had the best save percentage this season with Gryz on the ice among all bruins defenders in even strength situations at 94.5% sv% in the regular season. Same for the playoffs where Gryz has yet to be on the ice for a goal against. All while Krug has been last in those two categories during the regular season and post season.

What do these numbers suggest: over a large sample size it suggests that Gryz is winning his defensive matchups much more than Krug is. Will that translate if Gryz is bumped up to the 2nd pairing and faces tougher competition? cant tell unless you try, but at this point Gryz is dominating so much on the 3rd pairing while Krug is mightily struggling on the 2nd pairing, so its worth it at this point to give it a try.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Game 7 ideal lineup:

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Nash
Heinen-Nash-Backes
Schaller-Kuraly-Acciari

Chara-McAvoy
Gryz-Miller
Krug-McQuaid (10-12 minutes even strength, give krug Power play time and McQuaid some PK time.)

These lines are the lines that have the most chemistry together throughout the season with the exception of Krug-McQuaid. If you are gonna lose, might as well go out with what got you there, just tweek the minutes on a few players, not the line combinations.

ViperGTS

Apr 19, 2018
Lol....Yeah, stating over and over that you think they're going to lose on Wednesday clearly means you're just a critical thinker on everything. I'm just a fanboy who doesn't understand anything. Everyone gets a gold star!

I look at trends and metrics. Every metric and trend points to a Bs loss. I don’t have to like it. I just can’t ignore it. The warning signs are all there.

That said, full steam ahead and hope something changes,

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
If the series were against anyone but Toronto, I would still be pissed to choke like this. But against f***ing Maple Laughs, the most annoying and trash franchise in the NHL? f*** them.

Not overly optimistic, but there's still that small chance Boston finally pots some and sends these clowns back to bottom where they belong.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
If the series were against anyone but Toronto, I would still be pissed to choke like this. But against ****ing Maple Laughs, the most annoying and trash franchise in the NHL? **** them.

Not overly optimistic, but there's still that small chance Boston finally pots some and sends these clowns back to bottom where they belong.

Did the montreal canadians get kicked out of the nhl or something?;)

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Game 7 ideal lineup:

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Nash
Heinen-Nash-Backes
Schaller-Kuraly-Acciari

Chara-McAvoy
Gryz-Miller
Krug-McQuaid (10-12 minutes even strength, give krug Power play time and McQuaid some PK time.)

These lines are the lines that have the most chemistry together throughout the season with the exception of Krug-McQuaid. If you are gonna lose, might as well go out with what got you there, just tweek the minutes on a few players, not the line combinations.
Yes, that is the lineup they should go with . Game 7 experiments rarely work and while it’s tempting to get Donato in there , I don’t think you do it in a game 7 .

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Did the montreal canadians get kicked out of the nhl or something?;)
Montreal is so bad I don't even care about them lol. At least their fans realize they are trash and don't toxic the HF Boards like Toronto fans do.

I will say this - If Bruins can pull this one, I like our chances against Tampa. Didn't want Toronto from the start. Bruins really f***ed up in the Florida game.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Even though Gryz played on the 3rd line and played the weakest competition this year, I'm absolutely down to give him 2nd line minutes over Krug and let Krug work the Power Play and get less 5v5 minutes.

Bruins goalies had the best save percentage this season with Gryz on the ice among all bruins defenders in even strength situations at 94.5% sv% in the regular season. Same for the playoffs where Gryz has yet to be on the ice for a goal against. All while Krug has been last in those two categories during the regular season and post season.

What do these numbers suggest: over a large sample size it suggests that Gryz is winning his defensive matchups much more than Krug is. Will that translate if Gryz is bumped up to the 2nd pairing and faces tougher competition? cant tell unless you try, but at this point Gryz is dominating so much on the 3rd pairing while Krug is mightily struggling on the 2nd pairing, so its worth it at this point to give it a try.

Talking about next year if we can keep Krug for the PP but play him at forward our D looks perfect. Chara and McAvoy are both hurt but they were good enough prior to that to bring back and keep together no questions asked. Series is over if they are healthy and we have Carlo. Its probably a sweep.

Grizz didn't get to play with Carlo much because Carlo was covering up for Krug. I think you can project those two as a very solid 2nd pair. Use Grizz on 2nd PP but limit it so he focuses on D.

3rd LD spot should go to Zboril or Lauzen with hopes they can take over for Chara after next season. We have 2 perfect 3rd RDs one plays and one is #7. But both Miller and McQuaid play vs tough teams and Grizz/3rd LD sit.

Perfect.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Yes, that is the lineup they should go with . Game 7 experiments rarely work and while it’s tempting to get Donato in there , I don’t think you do it in a game 7 .

Love donato and think he has a great future, but 100% agree this is not the time to be experimenting. Play the guys that got you to this point in the playoffs, use the combination that the guys on the ice are most accustomed to. I also think Heinen will have a fire under his ass after being sat.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Talking about next year if we can keep Krug for the PP but play him at forward our D looks perfect. Chara and McAvoy are both hurt but they were good enough prior to that to bring back and keep together no questions asked. Series is over if they are healthy and we have Carlo. Its probably a sweep.

Grizz didn't get to play with Carlo much because Carlo was covering up for Krug. I think you can project those two as a very solid 2nd pair. Use Grizz on 2nd PP but limit it so he focuses on D.

3rd LD spot should go to Zboril or Lauzen with hopes they can take over for Chara after next season. We have 2 perfect 3rd RDs one plays and one is #7. But both Miller and McQuaid play vs tough teams and Grizz/3rd LD sit.

Perfect.

Honestly to early to talk about next season, but I'm not moving Krug to forward. I would rather explore trade options for Krug and try to find Charas future replacement in the deal. I would look to move Krug and a draft pick or prospect to the Oilers for Klefbom but thats just me.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I have a feeling this game will not be a close one.it will be closer to a blow out.

the reality is Pitt Was TB Vegas SJ Nash Winn all took care of business and the only team that didnt are the Bruins.
the only reason that the only two teams still playing (bos&tor) is because bos couldnt put it away....

Lots of bashing on Krejci ..sure he's had turnovers but he has 5pts in 6 games ...that's very good .I wouldn't even think of sitting him.maybe if he had a worthwhile rwinger he'd look even better.
I'm expecting Bergeron to come up big
**uck this injury crap.. this guy always gets a pass while the best player on the team (march) gets ripped if he isn't all over the place. Hate to see where this team would be without March.

Cassidy has shown to me and at least in this series his inferior coaching abilities and puts wingels on second line.if I'm krejci I'm wondering if It be better to be benched. (**uckn Wingels as our second rwinger and we are a cup contender? Come on..I get the fate stuff but a reality check required )

We lost tonight and Matthews wasn't a factor (thats worrisome)..

My expectations this yr was 2 rds .I never felt we were a cup caliber team and DS goin out to get Nash as a 2nd line rwinger reinforced my sentiment.

We still have some players from the 2011 cup team but that's the only resemblance there is. If anyone feels this team is as good or better then that
Team (youve gotto be kidding me)

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I have a feeling this game will not be a close one.it will be closer to a blow out.

the reality is Pitt Was TB Vegas SJ Nash Winn all took care of business and the only team that didnt are the Bruins.
the only reason that the only two teams still playing (bos&tor) is because bos couldnt put it away....

Lots of bashing on Krejci ..sure he's had turnovers but he has 5pts in 6 games ...that's very good .I wouldn't even think of sitting him.maybe if he had a worthwhile rwinger he'd look even better.
I'm expecting Bergeron to come up big
**uck this injury crap.. this guy always gets a pass while the best player on the team (march) gets ripped if he isn't all over the place. Hate to see where this team would be without March.

Cassidy has shown to me and at least in this series his inferior coaching abilities and puts wingels on second line.if I'm krejci I'm wondering if It be better to be benched. (**uckn Wingels as our second rwinger and we are a cup contender? Come on..I get the fate stuff but a reality check required )

We lost tonight and Matthews wasn't a factor (thats worrisome)..

My expectations this yr was 2 rds .I never felt we were a cup caliber team and DS goin out to get Nash as a 2nd line rwinger reinforced my sentiment.

We still have some players from the 2011 cup team but that's the only resemblance there is. If anyone feels this team is as good or better then that
Team (youve gotto be kidding me)
When the Bruins lost the first two games to Montreal in 2011 did you think they were capable of turning it around ? When they let the Leafs come back after having a 3-1 lead in 2013 did you think they would make the finals ? It’s easy to look at things in hindsight and ignore all of the setbacks those teams had to overcome . Let’s win on Wednesday and take it from there .

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
When the Bruins lost the first two games to Montreal in 2011 did you think they were capable of turning it around ? When they let the Leafs come back after having a 3-1 lead in 2013 did you think they would make the finals ? It’s easy to look at things in hindsight and ignore all of the setbacks those teams had to overcome . Let’s win on Wednesday and take it from there .

I have not said that they will lose game 7 at all.I said I feel it will be closer to a blow out one way or the other.
What I will say is I'm getting bothered that there is even a game 7.
Using 2011 is not the same. We were down 2-0 ...this time we were up 3-1.
I know the coulda shoulda stuff but the bruins not putting them away after 2 chances is frustrating while the other teams have gotten it done

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I have not said that they will lose gsme 7 at all.I said I feel it will be a blow out one way or the other.
What I will say is I'm getting bothered that there is even a game 7.
Using 2011 is not the same. We were down 2-0 ...this time we were up 3-1.
I know the coulda shoulda stuff but the bruins not putting them away after 2 chances is frustrating while the other teams have gotten it done
Yes , it is frustrating, similar to 2013 when the Bruins were up 3-1 vs the Leafs and allowed them to come back but ultimately win . I really am not seeing a blow out happen with so much on the line unless one goalie really cracks under the pressure , totally possible but I think it will be a nail biter and maybe even go into overtime .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad