Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 6 - There Will Be A Game 7 in Boston Wednesday 7:40 PM - Maple Leafs 3 BRUINS 1 FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Cassidy needs to realize Carlo is not here right now to bail out Krug

Last thing leafs utilize is size/physicality

I would even feel safer to pair Krug with Grz at this point

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This could easily be a 2008 Bruins situation for the Leafs, too. Young, fairly inexperienced team puts up good fight forcing game 7 and then gets ****ing lit up in game 7 on the road. Season still declared a turn-around success. The worst thing the Leafs can do is blow a lead in game 7. Anything else and they will be let off the hook as a growing team, IMO.

The 2008 Bruins played one of the most inspiring games in their history in game 6 and then promptly got curb stomped in game 7 in Montreal; 5-0.

There are precedents that can lead this in any direction but none of them mean much. I just hope the Bruins score early and often en route to victory. After that, I don't expect a whole lot unless Bergeron somehow gets healthy and Chara gets younger.

But it's not, that might of been the Leafs last year when no one expected them to even make the playoffs.

This year's version is and was expected to be a contender, youth or not. The minute they signed Patrick Marleau they stated what their expectations for this season were. Losing in the 1st round will not be declared a real success for them, no more than it would of been for the Bruins in 2009 had they lost in Round 1.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The reason the Leafs are blocking so many shots is because they are giving the Bruins the Point shots. Krug and Pasta continue to try to shoot through the defender when it's clear there is no shot, sadly this then turns into and odd man rush going the other way.

Stop with all the cute shit and play some hockey. No one said this was going to be easy . The puck is not going to go through the defender, nor is it likely to do any damage from the near impossible angles Nash61 and Backes keep trying to score from only for the puck to ricochet off the boards and send the Leafs the other way. Patients and smarts have been sorely lacking lately. It seems some players are trying to do it all themselves and are failing miserably. Hockey sense has gone out the window, no one on the Bruins is reading the play properly. No one is able to read where the puck is going to be in 2 seconds, they are trying to retrieve it, often getting in the others way rather than getting open.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
But it's not, that might of been the Leafs last year when no one expected them to even make the playoffs.

This year's version is and was expected to be a contender, youth or not. The minute they signed Patrick Marleau they stated what their expectations for this season were. Losing in the 1st round will not be declared a real success for them, no more than it would of been for the Bruins in 2009 had they lost in Round 1.

True. But they should. Marleau is no Michael Ryder.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I just hate how predictable it all was. No bullshit after DeBrusk scored I looked at my girlfriend and said “I’m not even going to get excited yet because they keep...” - first Toronto goal.

You just knew they weren’t going to score on either PP or in the third period at all. I’m really not confident about Wednesday and I don’t know how a lot of you are.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I think the next game is basically a toss up.Didnt want the Leafs,definitely didn’t want a game seven.Believe Bruins last seven ,games sevens at home they are 3-4,home ice really isn’t a big deal in games sevens.I know he probably won’t but really think Cassidy should break up the first line.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It’s odd that Leaf players have been draped all over Rask and guys like McQuaid and Chara seem to be allowing it without getting remotely nasty.

Look at their wins this series. They were physically engaged, a little nasty (not over the top) but there was definitely a lot more aggression with them.

In the meantime. I know If Boston scores, Toronto will score on their next shot, and that simply can’t happen.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I think it's best you sign off for the rest of the night. Your takes stink like complete ****.

That's probably good advice for yourself, not sure who made think your as all knowing as you seem to think you are but your not. Your takes and condescending attitude towards anyone who posts something you don't agree with is getting annoying to say the least.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
It's amazing you can target Krug on that play when there were much more egregious breakdowns.

Its not just this play or this breakdown, its been two season worth of breakdowns and losing his matchup more than any defender on the team.

Follow stats apply to players who played at least 40 games during the regular season:

2018 playoffs:
Krug: 7th (worst on team among defenders)

2018 regular season:
Krug: 6th (worst on team among defenders with at least 40 games played)

2017 regular season:
Krug: Worst among Bruins defenders to play at least 40 games

Now lets check plus/minus:

2017 regular season:
Krug: -10 worst on team among defenders to play at least 40 games)

2018 regular season:
Krug: 0 (worst on team among defenders to play at least 40 games)

2018 playoffs:
Krug: Worst among defenders on the team.

This isnt a new thing for Krug. 150 games worth of trend in the same direction. More than enough of a sample size to draw conclusions to his terrible defensive play.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I think the next game is basically a toss up.Didnt want the Leafs,definitely didn’t want a game seven.Believe Bruins last seven ,games sevens at home they are 3-4,home ice really isn’t a big deal in games sevens.I know he probably won’t but really think Cassidy should break up the first line.

Can't.

Absolute panic move that will give the leafs extra confidence and energy.

I think the fourth line can be broken up. Riley Nash has been bad promote Kuraly. I like the idea of building a kid line around DK.

First line
DeBrusk-Krejci-Heinen/Donato
Rick Nash-Kuraly-Acciari
Schaller-Riley Nash-Backes

No panic moves, some talent for DK, big body with hands for Kuraly and Acciari, and a decent 4th line that shouldn't hurt us.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
That's probably good advice for yourself, not sure who made think your as all knowing as you seem to think you are but your not. Your takes and condescending attitude towards anyone who posts something you don't agree with is getting annoying to say the least.

I know.....How dare someone call out trolls. Now, I'll be right back. I'm going to search for all the f***s I give about your opinion. In the meantime, you can always utilize your ignore feature.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
No chance. The team that was a win vs Florida away from a 1 seed can be guaranteed to get Jeremy a few playoff gates next April. He will only make changes if that is in doubt. He isn't buying anyone out if he can help it. Avoiding a Beleskey buyout was why Nash cost so much.

Win or lose Jeremy Jacobs got 4 games to sell 15 dollar beers and 8 dollar hot dogs. That is all he cares about. If we lose his bottom line is basically the same as if we swept Toronto and lost in 5 to Tampa.

Neely after he gets grilled by Felger and Mazz ...disagrees with you

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

He is a big time krug apologist, nothing is ever krugs fault in his eyes.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I know.....How dare someone call out trolls. Now, I'll be right back. I'm going to search for all the ****s I give about your opinion. In the meantime, you can always utilize your ignore feature.

trolls? theres like 5 people here saying krug has been playing terrible and you are barking up all of them because you cant handle krug playing poorly

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
He is a big time krug apologist, nothing is ever krugs fault in his eyes.

I'll take, "Not even on the topic of what's being discussed" for 500, Alex!

That's false though. I just don't put the sole blame on him like you do, since I've been able to grasp the concept that hockey is a team game. Maybe one day you will too. Until then, continue your garbage Krug agenda, and I will continue to stand up for him.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I'm so goddam frustrated by this loss. been trying to put it into words for hours & just don't know what to say.

what kills me is that while the Bruins have lost 3 games they have IMO clearly looked like the better team by far & somehow still haven't been able to close it out.

ViperGTS

Apr 19, 2018
Ah Thursday sign up....Perfectly placed for the playoffs. When you're new, it's a terrible thing to start being a negative **** right away. It just makes you look like a huge troll.

Again, I love fanboys such as yourself who cannot critically think about anything. It’s easy to win when you are playing under correct rules and everything you do can’t be stopped.

Once the officiating changed to allow Toronto to do whatever they want and get away with it, it seems they haven’t been able to overcome that. That’s where the mental fortitude factor comes in. The ability to take the “well, guess we are playing the, and Hockey Ops, time to nut up”. Instead they are pressing and it’s backfiring.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
trolls? theres like 5 people here saying krug has been playing terrible and you are barking up all of them because you cant handle krug playing poorly

Spoken by someone who clearly has no idea what I'm actually referring to. For one, the only people I've responded to that have a Krug agenda is you.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I'll take, "Not even on the topic of what's being discussed" for 500, Alex!

That's false though. I just don't put the sole blame on him like you do, since I've been able to grasp the concept that hockey is a team game. Maybe one day you will too. Until then, continue your garbage Krug agenda, and I will continue to stand up for him.

Krug has been dead last in goalie on ice save percentage and plus/minus in the 2017 regular season, 2018 regular season and 2018 post season. thats 162 games worth of sample size. I understand you probably only look at fantasy hockey stats, but theres much more to hockey than racking up assists on the power play.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I think I'm most pissed off that Carlo is missing out and that McAvoy is gimpy.

The team has not been the same since Carlo went down.

That's what happens when you do crash research through the media guide late at night in a bad mood ;).

Might be the worst. 1971 might have been the best team the Bruins have ever iced.

1971 as a poor broke college student went to all 7 games. I learned the tricks of standing room in the Forum and got friendly with a young woman who went to every game wearing a John Ferguson sweater when that was not common. I invited her to Game 7 in Boston and she was brave enough to wear that sweater in the second balcony of the Garden. We are still friends to this day.

1971 they lost because the got cocky in Game 2 - the third period was Bobby Orr's worst game in his entire career.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Its not just this play or this breakdown, its been two season worth of breakdowns and losing his matchup more than any defender on the team.

Follow stats apply to players who played at least 40 games during the regular season:

2018 playoffs:
Krug: 7th (worst on team among defenders)

2018 regular season:
Krug: 6th (worst on team among defenders with at least 40 games played)

2017 regular season:
Krug: Worst among Bruins defenders to play at least 40 games

Now lets check plus/minus:

2017 regular season:
Krug: -10 worst on team among defenders to play at least 40 games)

2018 regular season:
Krug: 0 (worst on team among defenders to play at least 40 games)

2018 playoffs:
Krug: Worst among defenders on the team.

This isnt a new thing for Krug. 150 games worth of trend in the same direction. More than enough of a sample size to draw conclusions to his terrible defensive play.

The offense is there though. 3 points in the 4 games we have sucked in. Hes got 8x as many points as Rick Nash.

I don't think it would be a bad move to dress Holden for Schaller and play Torey on the 4th line and 1st PP unit. Put guys in roles where they can succeed.

Burns plays both forward and D. Buff did too. There would be zero shame in playing him on D for the regular season and moving him to forward in the playoffs. Noone is taking his job as QB of the PP. We haven't given up a shortie with him and Pasternak running the point.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Again, I love fanboys such as yourself who cannot critically think about anything. It’s easy to win when you are playing under correct rules and everything you do can’t be stopped.

Lol....Yeah, stating over and over that you think they're going to lose on Wednesday clearly means you're just a critical thinker on everything. I'm just a fanboy who doesn't understand anything. Everyone gets a gold star!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad