Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 - Season on the brink - We got trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
All the best on your procedure, and as hard as it is, remember it's just a game.

I'm with you on feeling frustrated, after the emotional investment we've all put in. And not just this season - we remember 2013, 2014, & 2019 like they were yesterday.

The storybook ending to this era has been scripted to be historic and memorable; but the conclusion is taking a tragic turn.

I've never had an issue losing to a better team; which was NOT the case with the 2014 Habs, 2019 Blues, and will not be the case with the 2023 Panthers. The turnovers, mental lapses, and lack of killer instinct are absolutely maddening.

Hockey aside, I hope your BP gets back to normal and all goes well Tuesday. I've got some "off-ice issues" myself, though not as serious; so watching Sunday is iffy for me, too.

I've got a little work and a virtual 'date' Sunday night, so even though I never do this, I'm considering checking the outcome and watching on DVR.
Thanks, I didn't want to mention it but I basically lost my mind last night and did. I wanted to forget everything negative and enjoy (last night) and get ready for Tuesday. You can imagine the thoughts that I'm having.
Thanks Bruins, you've disappointed me yet again.

• Love
Reactions: Aeroforce

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Is perhaps Swayman hurt and cannot go in? Maybe that’s a stretch……

I see Grezlyk back in and the forward lines the same except Frederick in for Foligno.

Then….I hope somehow we see the reinvention of Orr, Espo, Cashman and O’Reilly along with Brad Park and Cheevers magically show up and boot others from the lineup. At least those guys would show some heart! LOL!

I feel really bad for Brad and Hall. They have played very hard this series. We are blowing the chance to move on with Hall playing his best hockey in years.
Maybe (not maybe) I'm just a dope but if Bergeron retires (I'm pretty sure he will) it wouldn't surprise me to see Brad retire with him.
He has given everything to be a Bruin and win. He isn't a whiney, entitled bitch like a bunch of them. He wouldn't have the stomach to play with some of these jerks. He's a heart and soul guy.
If he retires along with Bergeron and the ghost of Krejci this team will hit the skids (mediocrity) for a long long time IMO.
I feel for my grandkids, especially my 11 year old grandson who has
Bruins fever as bad as myself.
Yup, it will be a long long time.
WWDCS.
What Would Don Cherry Say?!?

Why Bruins should start Swayman in must-win Game 7 vs. Panthers

"I think we're going to be consistent. We're going to review the game and we're going to analyze everybody that played," Bruins head coach Jim Montgomery told reporters when asked after Game 6 if he might make a goalie change for Game 7. "If we think there needs to be a change, we're gonna make a change."
He's going to "analyze?" He's not gonna find any answers UP there. He hasn't so far.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Swayman needs to go in. Ullmark looks hurt. He’s behind the play it seems. Are we dealing with injuries we don’t know about? Some guys are just off. We are seeing an aggressive forecheck. Same thing they had troubles with in the season. They need to start hitting. Same old problem of them getting too cute. Offense was good yesterday but defensive coverage was not there. I think they are trying to cover for Ullmark and screwing themselves. It’s taking them off their system.
Is Krejci still hurt? Don’t play him if he’s not 100%. They did find without him.
" We are seeing an aggressive forecheck. Same thing they had troubles with in the season. They need to start hitting"
Yes many of us saw it and called it out but of course the lollipop contingent put us down. This team can not take physicality. It's like we have too much skill and not nearly enough toughness. We all said that when they lost to a physically imposting team they shied away from the fray.
I was hoping that the addition of Hathaway etc would be enough but it was unfair to expect a few guys to man up while the rest simply want to play shinny. Before the second game (IIRC) they showed the B's in the hall waiting and Brad was bouncing around like he always does and pushes and shoves etc the other guys. Hathaway looked at him like he was a dope and said something to him. I wish that I went back and recorded just that moment because the look on Hathaway's face was very telling.
Look, I love Brad and wish the others would follow his lead but there is something there that had/has me worried.

Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Expectations.....
Pressure....
Can be a huge factor.
Don and Cam can be involved all they want but imo, this team needs to relax, make a Ference finger to everyone including all the pessimistic fans and blast their game!!!! I beleive they will win the game 7!! I beleive they deserve to win!!

Game 7 win in triple OT would be pretty exciting.
Hard on my mental health though ;)

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I was 100 % convinced that there was no way they would lose last night if they managed to get a lead.
Same. Finally getting ahead and not playing keep up felt like it would win the game. They lost all composure. Couldn’t play with a lead which is so uncharacteristic

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
So you think it's a sure thing that Swayman comes in and stops the bleeding?
Of course not. But it sends a message to the players…and I struggle to believe that Swayman would have played worse.
Can we not agree that Ullmark was clearly off? Why wouldn’t it make sense to give your other goalie, who has rotated regularly all season, is considered a very reliable goalie in the NHL, and who also won games against Carolina last season a shot???

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Why Bruins should start Swayman in must-win Game 7 vs. Panthers

"I think we're going to be consistent. We're going to review the game and we're going to analyze everybody that played," Bruins head coach Jim Montgomery told reporters when asked after Game 6 if he might make a goalie change for Game 7. "If we think there needs to be a change, we're gonna make a change."
Did I not read somewhere he listens to Bob about who should start?
Still not sure why they haven’t been swapping goalies every game no matter win or loss like all season

Blows my mind, set records then throw out everything that made the season what it was in the playoffs

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Thanks, I didn't want to mention it but I basically lost my mind last night and did. I wanted to forget everything negative and enjoy (last night) and get ready for Tuesday. You can imagine the thoughts that I'm having.
Thanks Bruins, you've disappointed me yet again.
Death. Taxes. Bruins disappointing their Fans

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
Some other thoughts on the goalie situation.

I think Swayman will actually have way less pressure on him than Ullmark would. My reasoning is that Swayman will be playing with a clean slate…expectations would also be a bit lower given that he is the “backup”.

In my opinion the other consideration is simply this…Ullmark is not actually the number one goalie on the team right now. He is playing poorly. Put all the other BS (vezina winner,incredible regular season, injuries/illnesses, “hurt feelings” aside…the more I think on this…it’s simply illogical not to start Swayman in game 7. He is going to give the team the best chance to win, because our other option isn’t playing well right now, end of story.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
It's not going to matter who is in net if they don't start clearing the front and keeping the Florida players outside.
There was a lot of emphasis all season on a mobile D moving the pucks up ice, joining the attack to increase the offense. Seems like having the D play some D is what we really need more than anything else.
How do you go into the playoffs with a top 4 of McAvoy, Lindholm, Orlov and Carlo and still suck? Only the Bruins can pull that off.

Hathaway hasn't been himself since Tkachuk cross checked him. Clearly bruised/injured. How is a hobbled Hathaway better than a healthy Frederic??? Makes no sense.

Montgomery didn't face much adversity all year and didn't have to earn his money in many ways. Now he does, and so far doesn't seem up to the task. Teams that beat us (Seattle, Ottawa, etc.) did it with speed and an aggressive forecheck. We clearly have never stopped to work on playing against that obvious flaw, or maybe we are just incapable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad