Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 - Leafs go from heaven TO BOSTON - WE'RE GOING HOME - SERIES TIED 3-3

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
The ice will most likely suck no matter what. It usually does.

I hope next season it will be so good we won't have to even think about it.

Why is that? I understand the Celtics element, but really, we aren't in Arizona or Florida. There's no excuse for poor ice in Boston -- unless it's about signing a bad deal with a crummy Zamboni service. Apparently, that's the issue.

One of the better, storied clubs in the NHL should not have "terrible" ice.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The ice will most likely suck no matter what. It usually does.

I hope next season it will be so good we won't have to even think about it.

Good on Marchy for ripping the Garden ice.... hard to be quick and make nice plays when the ice is garbage. Hopefully they are doing everything they can to get it ready for tomorrow.

Why is that? I understand the Celtics element, but really, we aren't in Arizona or Florida. There's no excuse for poor ice in Boston -- unless it's about signing a bad deal with a crummy Zamboni service. Apparently, that's the issue.

When the new Garden was designed it was assumed installing the ice plant above street level would be fine because it worked at the old Garden BUT they failed to factor in the new building was air-conditioned. This summer an entirely new plant will be installed where the old pro shop and currently a warehouse is located. The NHL ice guru from Calgary is in charge of the project.

In 2015 Charlie Jacobs in one of his first moves tossed out the Zambonis for another company called Olympia. He did not do his homework as while the Carolina Hurricanes, St. Louis Blues, Vancouver Canucks, and Washington Capitals also use Olympias, Toronto, Los Angeles, Calgary, and Montreal have used Olympia machines, but they have since gone back to Zambonis. The simple fact that Calgary switched back along with Toronto and Montreal should have raised red flags.

Ice should be much better tomorrow as it will be 20 degrees cooler.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I so agree with this. Fenway may know why it is so bad. Clearly when there is a quick change from Celtics to Bruins it is the worst. I will be interested to see what it looks like next season along with all of the seating changes

edit...Fenway already answered this

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It wont. Look at the history of the leafs. We have a whole history of chokers. Babcock is literally the worst nhl coach in the league. He played Marleau 17 mins last night. A guy who is done in the nhl

I really like the bruins team to be honest. If you can get some secondary scoring i could see you going on a run.
Well I hope the b's win but to you I say...there is always hope

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I agree with this. But there is good and bad in both fan bases. Y
ou cant judge a whole fan based on a few people. Heck there are even leaf fans i dont like.

THIS^^^^ is exactly right. No offense to you and I apologize if it came off that way. There are many of us here who go off on each other but you know, moon phases and feelings and all that other stuff goes into play. No harm, no foul.
Anyway, I know people from Toronto and they're really wonderful loving friendly folks whom I maintain a friendship with 30 years after me and my ex wife (their niece) got divorced. Good luck to the Leafs (not this series) and I know that sooner or later this streak of the B's beating the Leafs will end, maybe this year maybe not.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The slewfooting garbage is getting out of control. League really needs to address it in the offseason.

It's not a "hockey play" like some would want you to think. It's a dirty, dangerous play.
Don't worry they will........As soon as Marchand does it again they will take a strong stand. Until then it's see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
When the new Garden was designed it was assumed installing the ice plant above street level would be fine because it worked at the old Garden BUT they failed to factor in the new building was air-conditioned. This summer an entirely new plant will be installed where the old pro shop and currently a warehouse is located. The NHL ice guru from Calgary is in charge of the project.

In 2015 Charlie Jacobs in one of his first moves tossed out the Zambonis for another company called Olympia. He did not do his homework as while the Carolina Hurricanes, St. Louis Blues, Vancouver Canucks, and Washington Capitals also use Olympias, Toronto, Los Angeles, Calgary, and Montreal have used Olympia machines, but they have since gone back to Zambonis. The simple fact that Calgary switched back along with Toronto and Montreal should have raised red flags.

Ice should be much better tomorrow as it will be 20 degrees cooler.

And, I suspect, chagrined Boston management/Olympia types.

Thanks for the clarification.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Disagree. The Bruins played much better in G6, but they were not dominant. It was an evenly played game.
The Bruins outshot the Leafs 42-24 and at one time were out shooting them 21 to 6. The Leafs made a good push once they made it 3 to 2 for the last 12 minutes of the third. But other than that the Bruins were in control for most of it

Reactions: FanSince72

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Any and all penalties should be given a quick video review, NHL (especially playoff) game speed is simply too fast to be officiated with the naked eye on calls like that. That could have easily cost the B's the game/series/season.
The GI call stronger bearing I feel. B s win Game 5 of that's handled correctly. This series then ends last night. Just my opinion.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

The humidity alone is cause for concern. I'm going to give the benefit if the doubt and assume you've never managed a rink or been involved in maintaining one. There's a ton of shit involved in keeping that ice a certain temp for regular barns. I cannot even imagine what those guys deal with . The heat and humidity combined with added body heat are an arenas worst nightmare. Especially on an older system. It's being replaced this summer. People need to suck it up and move on. This time table wont be moved up just because we want it to.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
The humidity alone is cause for concern. I'm going to give the benefit if the doubt and assume you've never managed a rink or been involved in maintaining one. There's a ton of **** involved in keeping that ice a certain temp for regular barns. I cannot even imagine what those guys deal with . The heat and humidity combined with added body heat are an arenas worst nightmare. Especially on an older system. It's being replaced this summer. People need to suck it up and move on. This time table wont be moved up just because we want it to.

Here's hoping that the lack of switching to the basketball courts will allow them to have some playable game 7 worthy ice.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Last Friday they were blindsided when hit 80 degrees downtown with high humidity - Even that morning the forecast was in the 60's

I an confidant that the Bruins know how to handle any ice surface conditions and that the crew at the arena took it as a challenge to get the ice ready.

Reactions: Fenway

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Yeah, I mean the Bruins have dealt with this shit ice for how many years now? That should be normal for them. Yeah sure it doesn't help anybody or either team...But its not like its new to Boston. They play on that shit all year. No excuses..

Tho I think the Bruins finally turned a page...or got over the flu or something...It seems they finally woke up...I hope that carries into game 7 and they go right for the throat and right at them. No bullshit. Just dominate them and let them know who the f*** is boss here. End this shit.

Reactions: Spooner st

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
The humidity alone is cause for concern. I'm going to give the benefit if the doubt and assume you've never managed a rink or been involved in maintaining one. There's a ton of **** involved in keeping that ice a certain temp for regular barns. I cannot even imagine what those guys deal with . The heat and humidity combined with added body heat are an arenas worst nightmare. Especially on an older system. It's being replaced this summer. People need to suck it up and move on. This time table wont be moved up just because we want it to.

The perfect is the enemy of the good.

So, I get what you're saying but apparently, bad ice has been an issue at the Garden for years.

Years.

That's crap, and yet again, an ownership/management issue.

Sorry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad