Pre-Game Talk: ECQF Game 5, Wed, 4/26 - Back on Causeway, Bruins Look to Send Panthers to the Golf Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I loved him and at times he made my toes curl. Like all humans, he has his faults and shortcomings. Brian Burke is the same for me. Total asshat at times, but God I'll tune in to watch what he has to say. Bill Parcells, Red Auerbach, Torts, etc. And no, I am not equating them all the same -- just that I enjoy that kind of in your face Non-PC talk from coaches/management.

So.... with that said... I think the fact that Grapes called out certain players as being "turtleneck wearers" was truly hilarious. Does that make me a bad man? No, just a human with faults and shortcomings.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Why play Bergeron tonight? Let him get more rest. I am looking for another big game from Taylor Hall. Let's put Florida away tonight. Don't take lessons from the Celtics.

Another big game tonight from Ullmark, the series MVP.

Go Bruins
I'd argue getting him a game to knock rust off, closing out the series, the. Getting some more time off benefits him more than sitting.

If he's ready and cleared, you play him.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
I'd argue getting him a game to knock rust off, closing out the series, the. Getting some more time off benefits him more than sitting.

If he's ready and cleared, you play him.
If he's ready and cleared , you play him........bingo He is probably feeling like a caged animal right about now...lol

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I was against Bergeron and others playing the finale, whatever the reasoning.

I was team “put them in bubble wrap” considering Bergeron’s history of nagging injuries in the playoffs.

Having said that, there’s no changing anything now and if they can escape this in 5 with no Bergeron and a hurt Krejci only playing one game, you thank your lucky stars and move on.

Cannot mess around and let this go 6 especially given the real possibility the Leafs finish off Tampa in 5.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
I was against Bergeron and others playing the finale, whatever the reasoning.

I was team “put them in bubble wrap” considering Bergeron’s history of nagging injuries in the playoffs.

Having said that, there’s no changing anything now and if they can escape this in 5 with no Bergeron and a hurt Krejci only playing one game, you thank your lucky stars and move on.

Cannot mess around and let this go 6 especially given the real possibility the Leafs finish off Tampa in 5.
^ :thumbu: ^

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Why is it obnoxious?

Why is it obnoxious?
They've been pretty clear that he'll be in if he's good to go and he's practiced with the team plus the team has been putting photos and videos of him all over social media. For Monty to come out today with the gametime decision stuff is just silly.

I feel the same way when Maurice tries to play coy about who is starting in goal.

I get that it is gamesmanship but you might want to make sure your media team isn't contradicting you.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
They've been pretty clear that he'll be in if he's good to go and he's practiced with the team plus the team has been putting photos and videos of him all over social media. For Monty to come out today with the gametime decision stuff is just silly.

I feel the same way when Maurice tries to play coy about who is starting in goal.

I get that it is gamesmanship but you might want to make sure your media team isn't contradicting you.
They don't owe us anything

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

I still don't see how that is obnoxious or silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad