Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 5 - THE BEAR I̶n̶v̶i̶t̶e̶s̶ has Hamilton for dinner - B's win series 4-1

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
This is going to make watching the game so much easier when I get home and I can fast forward through the commercials.

Reactions: bbfan419

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Only d-man I've thought has had a higher impact than McAvoy in a series dating back to last playoffs was Seth Jones, possibly one of the Blues guys but even then meh. I'm sure he must be good against teams that aren't us, I just rarely see it.

To be fair he's on the Canes, not the least popular market but definitely not the most. I sometimes forget about some of the better players in the league because of the teams they play on.

Reactions: BAD BOY

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site

tenor.gif

aguineapig

REPORTER: So Patrice, how long did it take for you to calculate the hypotenuse for the geometry of the isosceles triangle for the right plane of your shot to bank off Mrazek on your goal?

PATRICE: Uh, I just knew time was running out and I just thru it out front and got lucky.

REPORTER: Patrice your modest to a fault, but do you really expect us to believe THAT!

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I just don't see it with Slavin, and I'd consider myself a pretty decent evaluator of talent. Unless he plays several levels higher than he does when it isn't against us, he doesn't seem to do... well anything particularly good.

McAvoy consistently is a higher impact player, yet this dude is rated top 10 nearly universally in defenseman.

On another note, nice to get the 4-1 series win, Halak was good today, bring on Tampa or whoever.

This might explain why....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad