Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 5 - THE BEAR I̶n̶v̶i̶t̶e̶s̶ has Hamilton for dinner - B's win series 4-1

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I can't bring myself to pull for the Habs. I've tried in the past, when a Habs win was in the Bruins best interest, and I always find myself cheering when the opposing team scores and groaning when the Habs score.

I guess you can take the fan out of the rivalry but you can't take the rivalry out if the fan.

Reactions: Dr Hook and BMC

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Woo!! Great to put the series away at the first opportunity. The Canes outworked the Bruins for most of the first 2 periods, and almost forechecked them out of their socks. But the Bs again hung tough and were pretty strong on D, and then made the most of their PP opportunities. A workmanlike, un-pretty win, but they all count. They closed the game out well.

Halak bounced back and had a great game. The one shot that got past him was unstoppable. He looked sharp and hopefully he can bring that form against the Bolts. Krejci was good again, and I thought this was possibly Bergy's best game so far in the bubble. Was very involved, obviously scored the GWG, and made a number of crucial little plays. Krug and Carlo also looked better than they have for quite some time.

5v5 play and scoring are still issues, and they'll need to be better at even strength to match it with Tampa. But they've given themselves that opportunity, without wasting too much energy, and you can sense that the team is definitely on the upswing and continuing to improve. Bring on the Lightning, will be tough but the Bruins have a great chance. On we go!!!!

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Including Dave Poulin, he gives the Bruins no credit at all and you can see he really does not like them, even though he once played for us. Can't wait to hear and see his reaction to the Bruins winning this series without Rask and Pasta for most of the series.
Screw him!

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I just don't see it with Slavin, and I'd consider myself a pretty decent evaluator of talent. Unless he plays several levels higher than he does when it isn't against us, he doesn't seem to do... well anything particularly good.

McAvoy consistently is a higher impact player, yet this dude is rated top 10 nearly universally in defenseman.

On another note, nice to get the 4-1 series win, Halak was good today, bring on Tampa or whoever.

Reactions: BAD BOY and Gordoff

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I just don't see it with Slavin, and I'd consider myself a pretty decent evaluator of talent. Unless he plays several levels higher than he does when it isn't against us, he doesn't seem to do... well anything particularly good.

McAvoy consistently is a higher impact player, yet this dude is rated top 10 nearly universally in defenseman.

On another note, nice to get the 4-1 series win, Halak was good today, bring on Tampa or whoever.
Slavin was really bad this series. I do think he's great overall, but he absolutely did not show it in this series.

Also, McAvoy was the best player in this series, bar none.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Slavin was really bad this series. I do think he's great overall, but he absolutely did not show it in this series.

Also, McAvoy was the best player in this series, bar none.

Only d-man I've thought has had a higher impact than McAvoy in a series dating back to last playoffs was Seth Jones, possibly one of the Blues guys but even then meh. I'm sure he must be good against teams that aren't us, I just rarely see it.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I still want to know how I can get people to use my full name to address me. Hell throw in the middle name too just to be extra annoying and pretentious.

PS, he has an extremely punchable face.

he’s a bum

don’t care how good he looks or numbers he puts up

he was and will never be a guy I want to go to war with in a playoff series when it’s gut check time

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Selfishly I’m very excited for the next round schedule to come out.

As a late August baby the thought of a playoff game on birthday - or any Bruins game - is awesome.
Hey me too! August babies are the best babies.

My mom said so. Or I did. And said it was her. To my brothers not born in August.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Only d-man I've thought has had a higher impact than McAvoy in a series dating back to last playoffs was Seth Jones, possibly one of the Blues guys but even then meh. I'm sure he must be good against teams that aren't us, I just rarely see it.
I've certainly never seen a D-man have more of an impact than McAvoy did this series, in terms of series I've watched enough of to draw conclusions from. Chara and Seids back in the day worked so well as a tandem, but McAvoy was just an absolute force in all phases of the game. They used him with Chara and Grz, he played way more than everyone so he dictated things on his own merit. This was his worst game today, and he still had a goal-saving block.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad