Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BAD FRIDAY - The B's must rise on Easter Sunday or else - TML 2 BRUINS 1 F

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
At the resume.... each game is a needed win. Nothing new here. One game at a time. To win a series, you beed four wins,,, umtil there each game is the same. That said, Rask imo needs to steal the next one in Toronto.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I am glad tomorrow is an afternoon game. Let’s get right back at it . I am getting a little tired of having a great regular season and then a mediocre playoffs . All that stands in our way is winning two ****ing games . Let’s do it .
Me too won’t go up against Game of Thrones.Lol

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
I know this sound crazy but I would bring Zack "2 games" Senyshyn up and plop him next to Krecji and Debrusk. We know he likes to shoot and has speed to burn, who cares about the 200 ft game at this point. Keep chipping pucks up the ice and have him chase them down. Move Pasta with Coyle and Mojo, Heinen with Marsh and Bergy. Ride each line 15 to 18 minutes and force mismatches for Toronto on defence.

Reactions: Estlin and Mione134

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
This is so true, these games look like exhibition games and they have no idea what they are in for next round no matter who advances. This is embarrassing hockey to watch for us fans. I hate this series. Where is the NHL playoff effort and intensity? It's pure garbage.

C'mon give them a break, they're playing hurt. No wait, too much time off. Actually no, the ice is bad. No they just hit some posts. Actually the refs screwed them.

Reactions: Boston Bandit

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I know this sound crazy but I would bring Zack "2 games" Senyshyn up and plop him next to Krecji and Debrusk. We know he likes to shoot and has speed to burn, who cares about the 200 ft game at this point. Keep chipping pucks up the ice and have him chase them down. Move Pasta with Coyle and Mojo, Heinen with Marsh and Bergy. Ride each line 15 to 18 minutes and force mismatches for Toronto on defence.
I'd consider it. His speed is undeniable. But Butch wont.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

Normally I'd say it's a dumb idea but the Bruins have had luck with having players play some of their first NHL games in the playoffs.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Seeing as how Backes only played 4 min. last night,I think the only change will be Backes for Kuhlman.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
thanks to mainehockey33 for posting this on the lines thread.... and yes it is the right move to insert Kuhlman and Nordstrom imo.

[/QUOTE]

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

Put Clifton in for Grizz.[/QUOTE]

Is he healthy? Haven't been following his progress.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
He’s provided as much or more than those two and it’s not even the best thing he brings.

It appears things are about to change....it's about time,

Boston Bruins‏Verified account @NHLBruins
FollowFollow @NHLBruins
More
#NHLBruins practice lines: Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak DeBrusk - Krejci - Johansson Heinen - Coyle - Kuhlman Nordstrom - Kuraly - Wagner Acciari - Backes Chara - McAvoy Krug - Carlo Moore - Grzelcyk Kampfer - Clifton Rask Halak

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
thanks to mainehockey33 for posting this on the lines thread.... and yes it is the right move to insert Kuhlman and Nordstrom imo.

[/QUOTE]
Starting to seem like they’re rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic,but I could be wrong,wouldn’t be the first time,

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Well, kinda, sorta..............that just hurts. Seriously, no hockey fan wants to see a game or a series affected by a BS call like that. NHL goalies all died inside last night. No way that should have counted. Imagine if it had been reversed, and one of the B's backed in to Anderson, and it counts...........Leaf nation would have crashed the internet...
I still think the Bruins in 7.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I haven't made too much of the goalie interference because even though it was clearly the wrong call and we ended up losing by 1, the Bruins have themselves to blame for the complete no-show in 4 out of 5 games so far.

That said, they say that everybody gets bad calls and that they always even out in the end, but I'm pretty f***ing sickened at the fact that this is the third year in a row our playoff chances have been halted by absolutely criminal officiating
2017: Pasta gets tripped on a breakaway in OT, no call, as the play is going back down the ice the other way, they call an incredibly weak call on Pasta to put him in the box and set up the Sens' series-winning PPG
2018: McAvoy gets hooked down around the net, leading directly to a game winning goal for Tampa in a crucial game 4.
2019: Hyman interferes with Rask, no call.

Every f***ing year. It's something with this franchise, we always get the short end of the stick because of all the rest of the league's whining about physical play and Colin Campbell back in 2011 gave us some kind of dumb reputation, even though we're charmin soft right now.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Man I’m just not sure John Moore is actually any good at this stick/puck thing.

Would probably rather have Kampfer in there. Too bad we didn’t go the Chiarelli route and grab a nice grizzled vet at the deadline. Would have taken any of Detroit’s guys with some $ changing hands

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Man I’m just not sure John Moore is actually any good at this stick/puck thing.

Would probably rather have Kampfer in there. Too bad we didn’t go the Chiarelli route and grab a nice grizzled vet at the deadline. Would have taken any of Detroit’s guys with some $ changing hands

Would rather have killer in there :(

Reactions: Number8

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
Normally I'd say it's a dumb idea but the Bruins have had luck with having players play some of their first NHL games in the playoffs.
Hey, I’m full of dumb ideas but not sure this one of them. Leafs have had no exposure to him, stretches their D, forces them to stop clogging up neutral zone. Toss Kuhlman on 4 line with Kuraly and Wags for the same reason.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
You're right on the money here. This sounds crazy.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I haven't made too much of the goalie interference because even though it was clearly the wrong call and we ended up losing by 1, the Bruins have themselves to blame for the complete no-show in 4 out of 5 games so far.

That said, they say that everybody gets bad calls and that they always even out in the end, but I'm pretty ****ing sickened at the fact that this is the third year in a row our playoff chances have been halted by absolutely criminal officiating
2017: Pasta gets tripped on a breakaway in OT, no call, as the play is going back down the ice the other way, they call an incredibly weak call on Pasta to put him in the box and set up the Sens' series-winning PPG
2018: McAvoy gets hooked down around the net, leading directly to a game winning goal for Tampa in a crucial game 4.
2019: Hyman interferes with Rask, no call.

Every ****ing year. It's something with this franchise, we always get the short end of the stick because of all the rest of the league's whining about physical play and Colin Campbell back in 2011 gave us some kind of dumb reputation, even though we're charmin soft right now.
You forgot the lack of a call on the Marchand breakaway last year in game 3 where his hands werer slashed and he lost the puck with the opportunity to tie it up with 2 minutes left in game 3.

Bergeron37

Mar 16, 2010
Can we talk about how bad the fans were at the Garden last night and in this series? It was absolutely dead for the first period, in the 2nd period it was dead other than some boos after the 3rd power play. And the 3rd period was also dead. My god. Take a look at game 6 to see how a real crowd supports their team.

Unfortunately Bruins fans have the same mentality as Patriots fans where they sit back and wait for something to happen, instead of being proactive and helping their team when they are down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad