Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BAD FRIDAY - The B's must rise on Easter Sunday or else - TML 2 BRUINS 1 F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
If Bruins lose tomorrow, I don’t really have much interest in watching the rest of the playoffs ( I usually do ) . I won’t want to think about hockey until October. It’s apparent home ice is meaningless now and it seems getting ideal matchups is meaningless. I will be content if the Bruins slide into a wildcard spot next year .
I don’t usually watch much after the Bruins get knocked out either,other than two watch if a team I hate is losing.If Bruins get beat out by Leafs as long as Leafs dont win I really don’t care

Reactions: caz16

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Bergeron (3), Pastrnak (5) & Marchand (5) accounted for 13 of their teams 29 shots.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
How many times has Pasta ,Marchand or Krejci tried to carry the puck into the Leafs zone and had it knocked of their sticks ,they need to attack as a unit Not this individual crap all the time.
Exactly. The problem is, our defense for whatever reason is allergic to carrying the puck out of the defensive zone and always try a stretch pass to the offensive blue line.

The result? Like you said, Marchand, Krejci, and Pastrnak losing the puck since they are outnumbered. I feel like they are trying to leave both defensemen back to cover the stretch pass. That's not even working with Toronto's forwards still getting by the Bruins defense. They are not making Toronto work.

The Bruins need to establish their transition game, connect passes, and carry the puck over the blue line. That way they can establish a forecheck and create a cycle game. Make their defense work. Even if they lose the puck in the offensive zone, they are closer to the puck which gives them a much better chance at regaining possession than dumping the puck in against a defense that is made to retrieve pucks as fast as possible and get it to their forwards.

I feel like a broken record, but it is disappointing that the coaching staff cannot see that playing like they did in game 2 is a recipe for success. Hoping for a win tomorrow.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
"I think Toronto understands how they have to play to beat us, and I think we can certainly keep up the pace. I think we’re a more physical team once it gets going. Last year we kind of dragged them into that game. I think it worked in our favor. I don’t know if they’ll bite on that again this year, so I think the first game we’re looking at probably dressing our fastest lineup.

I don't take that to mean he wants to play Toronto's game.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Exactly. The problem is, our defense for whatever reason is allergic to carrying the puck out of the defensive zone and always try a stretch pass to the offensive blue line.

The result? Like you said, Marchand, Krejci, and Pastrnak losing the puck since they are outnumbered. I feel like they are trying to leave both defensemen back to cover the stretch pass. That's not even working with Toronto's forwards still getting by the Bruins defense. They are not making Toronto work.

The Bruins need to establish their transition game, connect passes, and carry the puck over the blue line. That way they can establish a forecheck and create a cycle game. Make their defense work. Even if they lose the puck in the offensive zone, they are closer to the puck which gives them a much better chance at regaining possession than dumping the puck in against a defense that is made to retrieve pucks as fast as possible and get it to their forwards.

I feel like a broken record, but it is disappointing that the coaching staff cannot see that playing like they did in game 2 is a recipe for success. Hoping for a win tomorrow.
Yeah I’m at a loss to figure out what they’re doing

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'm over last night. Page is turned. I hope MGMT is giving it to them today. Last night was unacceptable. Period. I fully expect them to come out Game 6 with the intensity of Game 2. If we want a chance, we have to be physical. We HAVE to punish them on the boards. Toronto isnt doing anything special. We are doing it to ourselves. Time to saddle up. Time to play for the B on your chest. For the city. For the fans. For your brothers, your teammates. Your coaches. You gotta go out there and WANT IT. Make them pay. Play angry. Wake up with fire. RISE FROM THE ASHES AND GET S*** DONE. PERIOD.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
I wonder if Wagner will remain in the lineup. He's been been bad all series, yet Cassidy keeps putting him out there. I'd consider giving Kuhlman his spot.

Pastrnak and Marchand need to stop overpassing. Shoot the puck on net and have someone collect the rebound.

Curious to see the team's approach in Game 6. In Game 5, Cassidy went with the chess match approach since he thought that style of game favoured the Bruins. Unfortunately, the Leafs have gotten a lot better at playing that way. Muzzin made a huge play to break the deadlock, and Bergeron/Pastrnak/Marchand did not come through.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The problem with having a one-line team is what happens when the go cold or get hurt?

Neely needs to make sure we get a legitimate RW for Krejci. He hasn't had one since Iginla, we've basically wasted DK's career with trash like Seth Griffith and Brett Connolly. Has Karson Kuhlman done anything all series?

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You guys got jobbed last night........that was goalie interference..... ( coming from a Habs fan, yes I know )

Can they use the bull$hit non call last night to rally around for games 6-7?

Reactions: BMC

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
You guys got jobbed last night........that was goalie interference..... ( coming from a Habs fan, yes I know )

Can they use the bull$hit non call last night to rally around for games 6-7?
Rooting for us ay?

For me, I was flying and only saw the replay but it is what it is.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Rooting for us ay?

For me, I was flying and only saw the replay but it is what it is.
Well, kinda, sorta..............that just hurts. Seriously, no hockey fan wants to see a game or a series affected by a BS call like that. NHL goalies all died inside last night. No way that should have counted. Imagine if it had been reversed, and one of the B's backed in to Anderson, and it counts...........Leaf nation would have crashed the internet...

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Well, kinda, sorta..............that just hurts. Seriously, no hockey fan wants to see a game or a series affected by a BS call like that. NHL goalies all died inside last night. No way that should have counted. Imagine if it had been reversed, and one of the B's backed in to Anderson, and it counts...........Leaf nation would have crashed the internet...
Leaf fans are losers,Debrusk has been getting death threats.Always been a huge Habs hater,but Leafs have far overtaken them.

Reactions: Mpasta

jangerhofer

Dec 22, 2018
New Hampshire
I feel like a broken record, but it is disappointing that the coaching staff cannot see that playing like they did in game 2 is a recipe for success.

Is it safe to say that the Leafs performances have had very low variances over the course of this series? I struggle to understand why the G2 formula appears to have been since abandoned. To speculate... did it take too much energy (i.e. did players overexert themselves)? Are marching orders to avoid taking penalties in the wake of the press about officiating at the cost of decreased physicality?

Seems a mystery to me.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
I'm over last night. Page is turned. I hope MGMT is giving it to them today. Last night was unacceptable. Period. I fully expect them to come out Game 6 with the intensity of Game 2. If we want a chance, we have to be physical. We HAVE to punish them on the boards. Toronto isnt doing anything special. We are doing it to ourselves. Time to saddle up. Time to play for the B on your chest. For the city. For the fans. For your brothers, your teammates. Your coaches. You gotta go out there and WANT IT. Make them pay. Play angry. Wake up with fire. RISE FROM THE ASHES AND GET S*** DONE. PERIOD.

Dam! This made me wanna find some skates, lace them up for tomorrow's game and skate through the entire Leafs roster!!

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Dam! This made me wanna find some skates, lace them up for tomorrow's game and skate through the entire Leafs roster!!
giphy.gif
download.jpeg
giphy (1).gif

LETS GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad