Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BAD FRIDAY - The B's must rise on Easter Sunday or else - TML 2 BRUINS 1 F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I haven't made too much of the goalie interference because even though it was clearly the wrong call and we ended up losing by 1, the Bruins have themselves to blame for the complete no-show in 4 out of 5 games so far.

That said, they say that everybody gets bad calls and that they always even out in the end, but I'm pretty ****ing sickened at the fact that this is the third year in a row our playoff chances have been halted by absolutely criminal officiating
2017: Pasta gets tripped on a breakaway in OT, no call, as the play is going back down the ice the other way, they call an incredibly weak call on Pasta to put him in the box and set up the Sens' series-winning PPG
2018: McAvoy gets hooked down around the net, leading directly to a game winning goal for Tampa in a crucial game 4.
2019: Hyman interferes with Rask, no call.

Every ****ing year. It's something with this franchise, we always get the short end of the stick because of all the rest of the league's whining about physical play and Colin Campbell back in 2011 gave us some kind of dumb reputation, even though we're charmin soft right now.
It makes me think Jacobs needs to step up his bribery money to the league for getting the calls in his favour as some clowns have insinuated.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Can we talk about how bad the fans were at the Garden last night and in this series? It was absolutely dead for the first period, in the 2nd period it was dead other than some boos after the 3rd power play. And the 3rd period was also dead. My god. Take a look at game 6 to see how a real crowd supports their team.

Unfortunately Bruins fans have the same mentality as Patriots fans where they sit back and wait for something to happen, instead of being proactive and helping their team when they are down.

I get the sentiment.

But if you need fans to yell and scream for you to get going even into first gear, you’re in the wrong city.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Man I’m just not sure John Moore is actually any good at this stick/puck thing.

Would probably rather have Kampfer in there. Too bad we didn’t go the Chiarelli route and grab a nice grizzled vet at the deadline. Would have taken any of Detroit’s guys with some $ changing hands
Someone with a little meanness back there were sure be nice

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I get the sentiment.

But if you need fans to yell and scream for you to get going even into first gear, you’re in the wrong city.
I thought the fans were trying at times,more than I could say for the players.If I was there I might have been throwing my beer at them,nah would never waste it,maybe would have got some water.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Can we talk about how bad the fans were at the Garden last night and in this series? It was absolutely dead for the first period, in the 2nd period it was dead other than some boos after the 3rd power play. And the 3rd period was also dead. My god. Take a look at game 6 to see how a real crowd supports their team.

Unfortunately Bruins fans have the same mentality as Patriots fans where they sit back and wait for something to happen, instead of being proactive and helping their team when they are down.

Again, feel free to buy a ticket and show up if you think you can do better.

Crowd was loud for probably the first half and then restarted running out of the steam. The booing was embarrassing and inexcusable.

Reactions: sooshii

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
I thought the fans were trying at times,more than I could say for the players.
I’m with you on both posts.

What am I gonna yell? “Hell yeah boys, nice dump! Let’s chase that puck!”

They couldn’t get into any rhythm and had no real sustained pressure. There was nothing to cheer for. I don’t want to sell the Leafs short, they’re doing something to make the Bruins look bad, but the Bruins need to do their part in making it a series.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Finally back in town, had to watch last nights game at the airport. That was...rough.

Need a big game tomorrow, everyone needs to be fired up from the get go.

Lets get at it!

Reactions: bobbyorr04

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Looks like Butch is going to live or die by Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak. Those guys have to stop making that extra pass, and instead fire the puck to the net and look for rebounds.

Reactions: bryson21

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I would make sure this page is put in ever players dressing area

Let's give Toronto another reason to hate us.

At least we don't have to worry about Tim Peel, he is working in Washington tonight so the rotation has been altered.

D4kMeQnWAAAayLA.jpg

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Having to have a discussion that they need to have a good start in the playoffs seems,like it would be the game plan every game you would think,These comments they make after games get annoying,we took them to lightly,they upped their game we didn’t,now we need to be ready when the game starts,have a feeling that means tomorrow hanging on for dear life the first ten minutes and hopefully weathering the storm.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Looks like Butch is going to live or die by Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak. Those guys have to stop making that extra pass, and instead fire the puck to the net and look for rebounds.
Yeah stop trying to make every goal a highlight real.I don’t care if it bounces of someone’s ass.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
It appears things are about to change....it's about time,

Boston Bruins‏Verified account @NHLBruins
FollowFollow @NHLBruins
More
#NHLBruins practice lines: Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak DeBrusk - Krejci - Johansson Heinen - Coyle - Kuhlman Nordstrom - Kuraly - Wagner Acciari - Backes Chara - McAvoy Krug - Carlo Moore - Grzelcyk Kampfer - Clifton Rask Halak
Good luck to them - looks an awful lot like the lineup for game 1. Hope they have some different results

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
i expect they'll certainly want changes. muzzin was a big add for the leafs - the kind of guy boston could really use
back there. krug's offense is great, but imagine this team with muzzin instead of him. and miller's injury hurts.
he's just a 6, but love how he punishes guys in a series. leafs certainly happy he's not around.

3 assists in 5 games and -1 is not that great

I'd take Muzzin over Krug in a NY minute if it was up to me

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Good news for Bruins fans in Canada. It looks like Game 6 will be on regular NBC so we don't have to listen to the biased pro leafs CBC coverage.
I will watch that but thought they were pretty fair and complimented Bruins yesterday. It was unanimous that they thought that goal should have been disallowed

Reactions: lopey

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I would make sure this page is put in ever players dressing area

Let's give Toronto another reason to hate us.

At least we don't have to worry about Tim Peel, he is working in Washington tonight so the rotation has been altered.

View attachment 218359

Thank God.....that increases the chances of a game 7

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
It appears things are about to change....it's about time,

Boston Bruins‏Verified account @NHLBruins
FollowFollow @NHLBruins
More
#NHLBruins practice lines: Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak DeBrusk - Krejci - Johansson Heinen - Coyle - Kuhlman Nordstrom - Kuraly - Wagner Acciari - Backes Chara - McAvoy Krug - Carlo Moore - Grzelcyk Kampfer - Clifton Rask Halak
How the hell does it take them this long to figure things out? Someone suggested these forward lines at the beginning of the damn series. Now if they can just employ the strategy that gives this group a better chance and try not to get schooled too bad in the matchups.

Reactions: Blowfish

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
When your forward group is soft as 3ply, it allows the pee wee level toronto defence to play without fear!

We've played 5 games of trying to run and gun with them. Maybe it's time to play Boston Bruins hockey?

Reactions: Boston Bandit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad