GDT: ECQF Game 4: Your New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers, 7 PM, MSGSN/ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Nico's the MAN but let's not also lose sight of the fact that Bratt and him basically share a brain when they're on the ice together.

I mean how many times did we see Bratt make no-look passes that found Nico's stick for a shot last night?

The person that is struggling right now is Meier and that just needs more Practice time that he hadn't been getting.

Tatar is a great example of him looking much better with Nico than without, though.
Completely agreed, the chemistry of them is awesome to see and Bratt is the 'driver' to that more than Nico.
I was thinking about the defensive side of the game.
Mercer found a whole new level of confidence when he got to play with Nico, and I guess that has something to do with the mindset of being covered defensively and less with the tape-to-tape passes.
I think Hischier profits from linemates that can handle themselves offensively and create something too, because his strength is best used in between.

• Love
Reactions: glenwo2

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Hey, I'm watching the replay right now...

Last two minutes, about 1:45, Rangers have the goalie pulled at Jack is defending the right point effectively...

I'm telling you, we should be getting Jack out on the PK. Maybe only the last 30 seconds of the PK... although I would advocate for more...Jack could be a weapon on the PK.

Wayne Gretzky scored 73 shorthanded goals in his career and never played a lick of defense in his life.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Look at this list...I actually didn't know Brian Rolston was top 20 All Time in shorthanded goals.

Point being, a lot of offense first type players that weren't necessarily known for defense...*see Bure

Last edited:
Reactions: mdj12784

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010

Last two minutes, about 1:45, Rangers have the goalie pulled at Jack is defending the right point effectively...

I'm telling you, we should be getting Jack out on the PK. Maybe only the last 30 seconds of the PK... although I would advocate for more...Jack could be a weapon on the PK.

Wayne Gretzky scored 73 shorthanded goals in his career and never played a lick of defense in his life.
How many did Kovalchuk have with us? He played some PK and that experiment did work for a while.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013

I noticed that last night. Love that Hughes had the kind of game that Lindy trusted him to be out there in that situation and he delivered.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

I'd also love to try Hughes on the penalty kill just to have a legit threat out there too. He's good at stick checking and reading the play, he could be pretty effective on it.

Now, with having said it, I'm pretty sure his line was caught on an icing with around 3 minutes left or so. Still nice to see him out there late though.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Now, with having said that
IMG_0978.jpeg

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh

Jack has actually really improved his defense over the last year+. Shades of Kovy on the PK?

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Aside from penalties, he's also handling the puck like Clarkson.

Physicality is great and something this team sorely needed, but I don't give a damn what the "analytics" say. Overall he hasn't been playing well. Certainly isn't playing like someone you can give 7 to 8+ annually to AND term.
A player who just scored 40 goals is definitely someone I would give 7-8 for annually and 4 games doesn’t change that nor should it

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Last game was probably the worst game I've seen Timo play this year and I even watched most of his Sharks games.

But I don't think he's been bad overall this series.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad