GDT: ECQF Game 4| Jackets vs Lightning | 3:00 pm 8/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Just got done watching the game. I don't know what's more frustrating, knowing that they can play with these so called "elite" teams but still lose or wondering where they are are going to get the players they need to get over the next hump. I can confidently say that Tampa is not winning the cup this year. They just aren't that good.

I might prefer Colorado or Vegas but Tampa is a damn juggernaut. Not every team shuts down their stars as well as the Jackets do.

38 & 71 are horrendous.

Okay, you got me. I'm pissed.

Two of our hardest working players manage to get through seven games of the postseason without giving up a goal against at 5v5 despite leading all of the leagues forwards in ice time, and then in the last couple games Torts' running them into the ground has officially caught up to them. Those are good hockey players you are insulting and I can't understand why you do it. Calling for Torts to give them a break would seem appropriate. Making post after post about how shitty and terrible they are is upsetting.

Reactions: CPTN71

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Tampa learned to not grip their sticks when we grinded them down. They have turned our own style of play against us, and have enough skill to strike whenever necessary.

The only question on that roster is their goaltending now. No excuses not to win. I wish them well.

As for our guys, it was our best game we played in the series. Gave it our all and still lost. It was the first game where I think we played well as a team, and still lost. I said it last GDT but there’s no shame in losing to the better team. It’s funny, we taught Tampa a lesson last year and they’re showing us what they learned. If they win a cup playing like this, it’s partially do to us. I’ll miss this team and will try to enjoy the last game, our future is pretty bright and I trust jarmo to make the necessary moves to make us better . It only sucks that we have no idea when we’ll see them play again, because it certainly won’t be in December.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Also I get why people are shitting on foligno. He’s getting a ton of minutes and has little production to show for it. However, he’s a good player still, just not a good offensive player. Ideally he’s a 3rd-4th liner getting 10-13 minutes a night with PK time. I don’t know why torts is giving him a huge amount of ice time on 5on5 play especially if we’re down, but that’s not folignos fault.

Foligno is still a good player to have around even if he’s overpaid by 2-3 million dollars now.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Tampa learned to not grip their sticks when we grinded them down. They have turned our own style of play against us, and have enough skill to strike whenever necessary.

The only question on that roster is their goaltending now. No excuses not to win. I wish them well.

As for our guys, it was our best game we played in the series. Gave it our all and still lost. It was the first game where I think we played well as a team, and still lost. I said it last GDT but there’s no shame in losing to the better team. It’s funny, we taught Tampa a lesson last year and they’re showing us what they learned. If they win a cup playing like this, it’s partially do to us. I’ll miss this team and will try to enjoy the last game, our future is pretty bright and I trust jarmo to make the necessary moves to make us better . It only sucks that we have no idea when we’ll see them play again, because it certainly won’t be in December.

Didn't you just say a few days ago that you would stop doubting their ability to bounce back? :laugh:

I mean, I have a lot of doubts and I agree with you, it's just funny.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
We have three one-goal losses and so many are thrown this team away. Sure, we really struggle to score, and missing high quality chances hit us more than others, but I’m not done. I’m going to punish my liver on Wednesday. If we win, who’s gripping the sticks on Friday. It’s a game of thin margins, and we are due for a BS bounce.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
If it wasn’t already crystal clear, Werenski has to be traded ASAP after the season for a forward. This team cannot score goals and he’s the only option to fix this issue.
He had 20 goals this year, you would trade him for a net gain of MAYBE 10 goals if we are lucky for the whole season?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
So it sounds like Dubois and Foligno's hits are potentially being reviewed. Maybe if we are lucky Foligno has to sit out.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Didn't you just say a few days ago that you would stop doubting their ability to bounce back? :laugh:

I mean, I have a lot of doubts and I agree with you, it's just funny.

Im not doubting their ability to bounce back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad