GDT: ECQF Game 4| Jackets vs Lightning | 3:00 pm 8/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Why in the world is Riley Nash lining up in the slot for a full minute when we are down 2-1. He’s one of your best offensive options ?

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
If it wasn’t already crystal clear, Werenski has to be traded ASAP after the season for a forward. This team cannot score goals and he’s the only option to fix this issue.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
At the risk of being stoned for heresy, if Jones is our stud, he has deliver more than just his big minutes. I’m not saying he’s been bad - he certainly hasn’t - but he’s not been the offensive engine, the label Torts has given him and Zach.

Jones is not an offensive engine most games, that's just not what he does. He can get up there quickly and has a great shot but Zach can break a defense with his deceptive body movement, there's no comparison between the two in terms of creating offense.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Series isn’t over , but I’m ok with the result . This series shows the jackets need more top end skill , and Jarmo will make that move this offseason . We will get a good player in this draft , Foudy and Texier will be really good players , just need some top end skill. Powerplay has killed us in playoffs . At least we beat Toronto

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
If you told me the Lightning would have 7 goals thru 4 games and be up 3-1, I wouldn't have believed you

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Too bad that early goal didn't count. Could have changed the trajectory of the game. Nyquist and Foligno need to step up and provide some offense at some point.

Reactions: thebus88

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
Tampa stole our game plan and executed it to perfection.

Last game we had what? 7 or 8 shots on goal the last 45 minutes of regulation.

Today they suffocated us the whole 3rd period minus that one Dubois breakaway. They aren't letting us shoot.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Don’t understand having Gav/Savard at the end to start the PK and the fact they just dumped it down til there was 10 seconds left as if it was a tie game.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Credit to the Lightning for adjusting their roster and style of play since last year. They are shoving our own game down our throats.

I feel this team is playing their asses off but that lack of top end skill is really hurting. Can’t score 1 to 2 goals a game and expect to go deep in the playoffs.

Jarmo has to find someway to add some impact forwards to this lineup and get this team to at least an average offense.

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Complete defensive clinic by Tampa. Beaten at our own game.

I've never seen a team do less with more opportunities. Just God-awful shooting and closing capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad