Status
Not open for further replies.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
3 PM start, Tampa might be still sleeping

NHL Preview: Jones, Hedman in spotlight for Game 4 between Blue Jackets, Lightning

CBJ Preview: GAME 4 PREVIEW: Time to battle back again for CBJ against Lightning

Projected Lineup

Alexandre Texier - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Gus Nyquist - Alexander Wennberg - Riley Nash
Nick Foligno - Boone Jenner - Liam Foudy
Eric Robinson - Devin Shore - Emil Bemstrom

Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard
Ryan Murray - Dean Kukan

Joonas Korpisalo
Matiss Kivlenieks

Reactions: rotsbu

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Start throwing pucks at the net, put bodies in front, and see what happens. Hope the CBJ can win this one, but after the Toronto series, I've looking at everything else as gravy. Young team getting some serious gut checks that will pay dividends down the road.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
We need a quick goal to get the momentum going.

Is Josh Anderson still unable/unfit to play ? I say put him in, can’t be worse than most of our offensive players even not at 100% shape

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
The ones I'm unable to watch seem to be the ones that Jackets play well in, so I have a good feeling about this game.

Reactions: rotsbu

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I’m hoping the Jackets have some pride. Still hard to fathom how you only muster 7 shots on net in 40 minutes and fall so flat when you need to push.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
The Jackets have responded well to bad losses so far, I’m expecting a confident win

Last edited:

Jacket Junkie

Mar 26, 2006
Nationwide Areena

Is Josh Anderson still unable/unfit to play ? I say put him in, can’t be worse than most of our offensive players even not at 100% shape
This is one of life's biggest mystery. Is this guy still alive? I second this, play the dude.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
These Bluejackets need to dance to ONJ's "Let's get physical" and check these punks into hospital beds.

They don't score, so we only need one to win.

Go Jackets1

The issue is, contrary to what many fans may think, this current CBJ roster either can’t or are no longer willing to play that way. We could get away with it against TOR because they essentially have zero toughness or nastiness to their team. It is not the same with teams like BOS/TB.

Leaving out how important he is or isn’t on the ice, Foligno is probably our most intimidating guy, and much/all of that is based upon his pure fighting ability. Most of his toughness comes from responding to the team or another player being wronged in some way. Very rarely (nowadays) does he go out of his way to do something like throw a questionable hit or start issues around the net, to get his team going or throw the opposing team off.

Look at what the players (even the f***ing “superstars”) of these other teams are doing to our players game after game without the thought of feeling any ramifications!! With the Clifford hit, and all the extra jabs on Korpi and other plays on many guys by a handful of TB players, Foligno has had more than enough time to step up and show that leadership/toughness/protection.

And yet, after Foligno who do we have? The guys we have aren’t soft, but we lack guys who are MEAN and willing to actually get DIRTY. And quite frankly, imo, it’s clear that teams like BOS and TB are using it to their advantage against us, mainly in the playoffs.

It’s not good when guys like Dubois, Kukan and Gerbe are the highlights of our “toughness”. This is still a contact game, and physicality CAN and IS still used.

I miss Dubinsky, he made a lee legit positive f***ing impact last year, too. Sad. Unless I’ve missed it, we haven’t touched Vasi-whatever ONE f***ING TIME. That jab in by Kuch, and I believe Maroon attempting to knock a d man HARD into Korpisalo should have been penalties AND dealt with by the team, we get neither. Maybe the wrong guy has the ‘C’ and the roster spot, we shoulda went by who had HEART against Kassian.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
These Bluejackets need to dance to ONJ's "Let's get physical" and check these punks into hospital beds.

They don't score, so we only need one to win.

Go Jackets1

The Jackets have been looking like they had a puff on whatever Towelie is smoking. You can't get physical if you can't get there - last game they didn't even get there, you couldn't call the forecheck soft because there was no forecheck.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I look forward to seeing Stenlund today, if he's playing. He's got to be playing.

Josh can play hockey just fine. He's been skating and shooting fine for more than a month now. He just can't take a hit until doctors clear him, he's coming off of shoulder surgery.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
The issue is, contrary to what many fans may think, this current CBJ roster either can’t or are no longer willing to play that way. We could get away with it against TOR because they essentially have zero toughness or nastiness to their team. It is not the same with teams like BOS/TB.

Leaving out how important he is or isn’t on the ice, Foligno is probably our most intimidating guy, and much/all of that is based upon his pure fighting ability. Most of his toughness comes from responding to the team or another player being wronged in some way. Very rarely (nowadays) does he go out of his way to do something like throw a questionable hit or start issues around the net, to get his team going or throw the opposing team off.

Look at what the players (even the f***ing “superstars”) of these other teams are doing to our players game after game without the thought of feeling any ramifications!! With the Clifford hit, and all the extra jabs on Korpi and other plays on many guys by a handful of TB players, Foligno has had more than enough time to step up and show that leadership/toughness/protection.

And yet, after Foligno who do we have? The guys we have aren’t soft, but we lack guys who are MEAN and willing to actually get DIRTY. And quite frankly, imo, it’s clear that teams like BOS and TB are using it to their advantage against us, mainly in the playoffs.

It’s not good when guys like Dubois, Kukan and Gerbe are the highlights of our “toughness”. This is still a contact game, and physicality CAN and IS still used.

I miss Dubinsky, he made a lee legit positive f***ing impact last year, too. Sad. Unless I’ve missed it, we haven’t touched Vasi-whatever ONE f***ING TIME. That jab in by Kuch, and I believe Maroon attempting to knock a d man HARD into Korpisalo should have been penalties AND dealt with by the team, we get neither. Maybe the wrong guy has the ‘C’ and the roster spot, we shoulda went by who had HEART against Kassian.
You're right about getting to Vasilevsky, but that would mean we would have to have some kind of offensive zone presence, and we haven't been able to establish that consistantly, or at all. We do need some guys to get physical and instigate though.

Reactions: thebus88

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
You're right about getting to Vasilevsky, but that would mean we would have to have some kind of offensive zone presence, and we haven't been able to establish that consistantly, or at all. We do need some guys to get physical and instigate though.

That's the first condition for all of the things people are clamoring for the team to do.

Want to get physical? Need to get in the offensive zone in numbers.

Want to take shots on net? Need to get in the offensive zone and make a shot lane.

Want to drive the net? ....................

Reactions: Monstershockey

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I will say, I’m not a fan of Anderson’s offensive game and think his overall impact is overrated, but he is exactly the player we need right now.

Then again, you only get THAT Anderson 40% of the time.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

That's the first condition for all of the things people are clamoring for the team to do.

Want to get physical? Need to get in the offensive zone in numbers.

Want to drive the net? ....................

You guys are making it seem much harder than it is to make something happen. Quite frankly, what I’m talking about has nothing to do with offensive zone pressure. Yet, it should (in theory) help the team establish things like offensive pressure or at least disrupt the flow or momentum of the game and throw the other team off. I’ve missed some parts of these games, but, it’s almost like ANY chance TB has had to come in HARD on Korpi or 2-hands-on-stick shot to the head of a CBJ player, they do. Even if I think Boone Jenner gets called for everything Kucherov and Maroon have gotten away with is irrelevant, they need to give it back, much more so than they have.

How much zone time does a Boll, Dorsett, Dubinsky or angry Foligno really need to make their presence known to the other team??

Ignoring the team seemingly getting “bullied” in a lot of these scrums, my main issue (that might not be surprising) is the LATE AS f*** and hard jabs that the refs have allowed and not a SINGLE CBJ player have held TB/Vasi accountable for. It’s been like 5 f***ing times, and 1 where a guy came in with his forearm attempting to throw a guy on top of Korpi, and we don’t get shit for a response.

f***, they love to dump it in so much, throw some bouncers or hard shots in on Vasi and the 1st 2 he covers, give it to him.

MrBadguy

May 27, 2016
Cant wait for Torts to give Foligno and Atkinson most ice-time, they will definitely do so much...

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Cam and Stenlund both dressing today....Need Cam to get some shots off today.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I think Nyquist just needs to play with more of a goal scorers mindset. Idk if having both Foudy and Robinson in makes sense against TB. Then again, it’s hard to take either guy out.

Who knows about Atkinson and I’m starting to turn on Foligno also, like some others. Wennberg should not get a pass because he scored 1 goal either. The face off and spin and watch defense on Points goal was ridiculous, go back and watch how far he moves, or does not move, during the entire sequence.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I have no idea of how long the announced lines will last - or how they will work- but I like the combos on paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad