ECQF - Game 4 - 7:30PM EDT - #2 Toronto vs #3 Tampa Bay (TOR Leads 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Toronto has gotta bring there A game. Winning game 4 in there barn will be huge.

I was sort of shocked Toronto only got a 5 on 4 after everything. I would have given a 5 on 3 after the fiasco. My input anyways.

It should have been a 5 on 3 for sure. Kucherov tackled Rielly, Stamkos then cross checked a prone Rielly on the ice, then Stamkos jumped Matthews for no reason which should have been an instigator, then Raddysh started feeding rights to an unwilling Rielly, then Kucherov horsecollared someone else. Keefe was right about this. Given the circumstances. Tampa wisely read the situation with Point looking injured and took the opportunity to take some serious liberties with no added repercussions. Hopefully things don't become a circus now.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It should have been a 5 on 3 for sure. Kucherov tackled Rielly, Stamkos then cross checked a prone Rielly on the ice, then Stamkos jumped Matthews for no reason which should have been an instigator, then Raddysh started feeding rights to an unwilling Rielly, then Kucherov horsecollared someone else. Keefe was right about this. Given the circumstances. Tampa wisely read the situation with Point looking injured and took the opportunity to take some serious liberties with no added repercussions. Hopefully things don't become a circus now.

There's really two things Keefe was pissed about:

Kucherov should've got the instigator. He was the third man in after the Rielly/Point collision. They called Kucherov 5 for fighting (with ROR) and 2 for roughing (with Rielly), when it should've been a 5, and then a 2 for instigating and 10 minute misconduct.

The Stamkos stuff is a whole different story. The fact that Stamkos and Matthews got off-setting fighting majors is absolute whack. Should've at the very least carried an extra roughing minor for Stamkos, but there's an argument it should've been a match penalty, as he dropped his gloves and punched a defenseless player (Matthews had his hands full with sticks, helping to clean up) and then after he and Matthews went down and the refs between, Stamkos through a couple extra punches, which is dirty as well.

All in the past, and the Leafs pulled out a win they didn't really deserve, but Keefe was 100% right in the sense that Tampa took advantage of the situation, knowing there was no shot the referees would out them down 2 men, while Point was rolling around on the ice.

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
Well said. This happens in the NBA too. The more "aggressive" teams benefit from the refereeing.
All except for the Islanders apparently, given the amount of complaints from their fans... Although I suspect they are just bad at stick puck.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
There's really two things Keefe was pissed about:

Kucherov should've got the instigator. He was the third man in after the Rielly/Point collision. They called Kucherov 5 for fighting (with ROR) and 2 for roughing (with Rielly), when it should've been a 5, and then a 2 for instigating and 10 minute misconduct.

The Stamkos stuff is a whole different story. The fact that Stamkos and Matthews got off-setting fighting majors is absolute whack. Should've at the very least carried an extra roughing minor for Stamkos, but there's an argument it should've been a match penalty, as he dropped his gloves and punched a defenseless player (Matthews had his hands full with sticks, helping to clean up) and then after he and Matthews went down and the refs between, Stamkos through a couple extra punches, which is dirty as well.

All in the past, and the Leafs pulled out a win they didn't really deserve, but Keefe was 100% right in the sense that Tampa took advantage of the situation, knowing there was no shot the referees would out them down 2 men, while Point was rolling around on the ice.

All correct except I don't think Kucherov was 3rd man in since there was no fight happening between Rielly and Point.

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
All except for the Islanders apparently, given the amount of complaints from their fans... Although I suspect they are just bad at stick puck.
I suppose, in Carolina's case, no amount of aggressive play from NYI can fill the chasm in talent. Carolina is the 2nd best team behind Boston.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Leafs should call an equipment measurement on Vasseys illegal chest protector.

86F20EA0-2C2C-49BD-B12C-B0A71F49DFC7.png

Reactions: AvroArrow

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
I suppose, in Carolina's case, no amount of aggressive play from NYI can fill the chasm in talent. Carolina is the 2nd best team behind

I suppose, in Carolina's case, no amount of aggressive play from NYI can fill the chasm in talent. Carolina is the 2nd best team behind Boston.
By Record certainly, We are down 3 of our top 6 Including Svechnikov,Pacioretty,Teurivinan
I'd be downright embarrassed.
But I suppose while we don't have the super high end talent like the Leafs our roster as a whole is very skilled there aren't any liabilities, and RBAs brand of hockey has always focused on a team game (evidenced by our top lines getting 16-18 minutes of ice time a game when most get 20+.

I am rooting the Canes on myself. Sucks to see the team suffer so many key injuries, but still enjoying the fact that they're pumping the Islanders despite that.
Much appreciated, I'll be pulling for you guys unless/Until we meet up.

If we can eliminate both NY teams as the walking wounded it will be hilarious, it's we are missing our second best F, The best goalscorer on the team and the best playmaker.

Reactions: Petrus and 1specter

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Leafs had no business winning the last game. Tampa outshot them, outchanced them and also out faked them (faking injuries).

Samsonov clearly stole the last game. Below are the goalie statlines

View attachment 695690

View attachment 695692
Those stats would point to Vasi shitting the bed instead of Samsonov stealing the game. Unless you're saying .923 is some other-worldly statline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad