ECQF - Game 4 - 7:30PM EDT - #2 Toronto vs #3 Tampa Bay (TOR Leads 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
RzgfxbI.png

a3AxYkl.png

ta61gs2.png

TSzDcbu.png

bEe4dSL.png

mU0F8QN.png

8KdUZBL.png

q1zY8xL.png

JBbgHLN.png

MC2quH3.png

Last edited:

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Both teams treating this as a must win.

Expecting Tampa to be violent. If that's the case leafs will have their PP opportunities

Reactions: Alex1234

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
This is likely going to be another game of escalation. Tampa feels entitled to get some favorable calls. What happens if they don't get them? And what does Toronto do if Tampa does get favorable calls?

There is a massive difference between 2-2 and 3-1. This isnt the series but no other game to this point has had as much riding on it.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I'm scared. Leafs don't win tonight if the effort matches last game for both teams. Tampa was killing us with their speed to pucks and if the Leafs tried to close the gaps were getting smoked. We were trying to hit back but our biggest hitters were too slow and would be out of position with the speed the puck was moved.

Leafs found a structure that seemed to work, Sammy bailed out what didn't, and they got some timely goals on their chances. But Leafs need to learn from that game and find their own legs. Tampa isn't the only team built to be ferocious on the forecheck and physical on pucks.

Leafs need to push the pace of play. Don't care what they say any team is rattled when you get it 110% and still lose. Leafs have a strong opening 10 minutes, suddenly they are winning the mental aspect of the series.

Strong start please, GLG

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
I'm scared. Leafs don't win tonight if the effort matches last game for both teams. Tampa was killing us with their speed to pucks and if the Leafs tried to close the gaps were getting smoked. We were trying to hit back but our biggest hitters were too slow and would be out of position with the speed the puck was moved.

Leafs found a structure that seemed to work, Sammy bailed out what didn't, and they got some timely goals on their chances. But Leafs need to learn from that game and find their own legs. Tampa isn't the only team built to be ferocious on the forecheck and physical on pucks.

Leafs need to push the pace of play. Don't care what they say any team is rattled when you get it 110% and still lose. Leafs have a strong opening 10 minutes, suddenly they are winning the mental aspect of the series.

Strong start please, GLG
Leafs played about has bad as they could as still won. They won’t play like that again.

The only people who are scared are the Tampa players and coaches. It’s so clear that they don’t know what to do to beat Toronto so they’re trying to play dirty and continue their diving. Reeks of desperation.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Leafs played about has bad as they could as still won. They won’t play like that again.

The only people who are scared are the Tampa players and coaches. It’s so clear that they don’t know what to do to beat Toronto so they’re trying to play dirty and continue their diving. Reeks of desperation.

Well it works for them, so I would rather not leave it up to the refs to decide. Leafs hopefully come out and put in 2 goals in the first 10 minutes and control play. I don't think Tampa beats us 3 times in a row.

They may have champ mentality but 3 long playoff runs, pretty natural I think for them to accept their fate of this isn't their year especially if guys are hurting like Hedman and Point and have a nice off season to recover. I want the Leafs to push Tampa to accept their fate.

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Well it works for them, so I would rather not leave it up to the refs to decide. Leafs hopefully come out and put in 2 goals in the first 10 minutes and control play. I don't think Tampa beats us 3 times in a row.

They may have champ mentality but 3 long playoff runs, pretty natural I think for them to accept their fate of this isn't their year especially if guys are hurting like Hedman and Point and have a nice off season to recover. I want the Leafs to push Tampa to accept their fate.
Yeah, hopefully. I just think the Leafs have been pretty good at bouncing back after bad games this year and I think tonight will be no different. Obviously no guaranteeing a win or anything but I just expect them to be better. Should be a good game either way.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Game 3. Tampa was the better team after the first period but Samsonov was the best player on the ice for either team in Game 3
Ehh, Tampa scored enough goals to win. They just allowed goals they shouldn't in the playoffs.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Leafs were able to win a game Tampa controlled on Saturday. They'll need to be more ready to go tonight. Suspect they will be. Make hay while the sun shines and Vasy is struggling as the age old saying goes.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It really is tiring, isn't it? There have been bad calls and non-calls both ways, but it gets exhausting to see folks acting like a team is getting preferential treatment like there's a conspiracy against them.

Well, it's not isolated to this series at least. Plenty of it going on in the Wild/Stars series thread, as well as in others. Fans feel slighted, particularly after a loss, and they vent. It's inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad