ECQF - Game 4 - 7:30PM EDT - #2 Toronto vs #3 Tampa Bay (TOR Leads 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Was he in for all 7 goals cause on tv they said it never happened during game 2

Yes. After the game Cooper explained leaving him in as the "win as a team, lose as a team" philosophy for why he left him in.

1682340908781.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Yes. After the game Cooper explained leaving him in as the "win as a team, loose as a team" for why he left him in.
Strange that Sportsnet said he’s never let in that many goals in playoff game till game 2 of this series if it’s not true

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
This is an impt game, big difference between 3-1 vs 2-2 to state the obvious. I wonder if digging deep and winning a game they were otherwise outplayed in will help the Leafs get over the hump. Similarly I wonder at what point do Tampa's players start to think we had a great run but its over. This game is pretty much must win for Tampa.

Winning and losing is such a fine line, we shall see who prevails. If Tampa wins it probably goes 7, If the Leafs win it probably ends in 5. Then again if there is one team that can find a way to blow a 3-1 lead.

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Strange that Sportsnet said he’s never let in that many goals in playoff game till game 2 of this series if it’s not true
With Sportsnet they often throw in some small obscurity that makes it true but mostly meaningless. It could have been something like "he has never let in 6+ goals in 2 periods" or "......never on the road".

Last edited:
Reactions: banks

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Well it works for them, so I would rather not leave it up to the refs to decide. Leafs hopefully come out and put in 2 goals in the first 10 minutes and control play. I don't think Tampa beats us 3 times in a row.

They may have champ mentality but 3 long playoff runs, pretty natural I think for them to accept their fate of this isn't their year especially if guys are hurting like Hedman and Point and have a nice off season to recover. I want the Leafs to push Tampa to accept their fate.

Trying a cooper are you :)

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Pathetic that Maroon wasn't suspended. On the positive side, the guy is complete f***ing ass so I'm glad he'll be dressing for Tampa again.

Expecting this to be the most physical and punishing game of the series. 3-1 or 2-2, crucial game 4. Leafs need to start on time, can't have the same crap happen from game 1 where you're asleep the entire 1st period. Tampa is gonna come out gunning.

Reactions: Strangle

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
How long after puck drop til we see posts from both fanbases complaining about the officials?
Personally I've had no issues with the refereeing outside of game 1. My issue is with Dops clearly, and undeniably, holding the Leafs to some weird standard that 31 other teams don't have to deal with.

• Haha
Reactions: I Hate Philadelphia

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Pathetic that Maroon wasn't suspended. On the positive side, the guy is complete f***ing ass so I'm glad he'll be dressing for Tampa again.

Expecting this to be the most physical and punishing game of the series. 3-1 or 2-2, crucial game 4. Leafs need to start on time, can't have the same crap happen from game 1 where you're asleep the entire 1st period. Tampa is gonna come out gunning.

Losing tonight changes the entire series for either team

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
The issue with the officiating is institutional and embedded in how the league wants the game called, not some conspiracy targeting certain teams. It's especially grating because the league won't even accept the premise that officiating can be more transparent and improved.

Reactions: Captain97 and snag

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Why Cernak didnt stay then?
Coop little Liar
Is it a surprise with Cooper? "Liar" and "Lawyer" are almost the same word. One slip of the tongue and you're saying the other one. And maybe when you're a little drunk, they become mutilated into one?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Leafs put 7 by him in game 2 and Colorado put 7 by him last year in the final.

If Vasi wants to stay in, seems like hes staying in

Tampa hasn't studied us enough. If Vasi isn't getting it done they need to put Elliot in who by all accounts is completely washed as an NHLer. Only then will their goaltending achieve enlightenment and shutout the Leafs the rest of the way

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Hasent Vasi played like every minute of the last 85 playoff games or something like that, 2nd or 3rd all time? Hehasent been pulled from a playoff game in a long time

You'd think in one of those games he would've at least been pulled for the extra attacker late in a game.

He's certainly looked relatively human in this series though.....Samsonov won Game 3 for the Leafs (although the refs definitely saved his ass on that 4-2 goal that wasn't), while Vasi gave up some pretty weak efforts on the tying and game winning goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad