Pre-Game Talk: ECQF Game 4 4/19 7:30 PM - Bruins know they need a better start in Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...-start-game/FTP0wbe4yoBegMPbDY922L/story.html

“I don’t have a perfect answer for why we were flat,’’ Cassidy said, “but I do know that we did recover and got ourselves back in the game. That’s the important thing. But we need to start better tomorrow, something we’ve done well.â€

A full practice can serve to distance the loss. Captain Zdeno Chara was ready to leave the last game behind.

“You’ve got to put those games behind, whether it’s a loss or a win,’’ Chara said. “You have to stay even keel, in the playoffs especially.’’

Rather than spend their time picking apart what they did wrong, the Bruins reviewed what works for them.

“We reinforced some of the stuff that we did well,’’ Chara said about the practice. “You want to always remind yourselves of what the system is, what makes us tough to play against. Sometimes it’s tough with the schedule, [there are] not as many days to practice, so today we changed it. We went on the ice, we worked on a few things, and got ready for tomorrow.’’

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
A positive from the past 2 games, putting the puck in the net.

Now let's keep it out of ours.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I have calmed down now, and on a plus note I got an infraction for the first time in a long time.:laugh:

For the love of god please let one of the injured D men back, plus enough of these 0 or 3 shot periods, I am only 38 but I have had multiple minor heart attacks during the past 3 games, hahaha.

Just win and tie the series up, if they lose it is game over.

Must WIN!!!!!!!

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Well blew a leed in the third ,never showed up for the start of the game last night.Running out of chances . Got to win this one 60 min or more of good hockey or there done .

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Must win. I know a lot of you think that Ottawa is a weak team, but all season they've delivered when it counts. I don't seem them blowing a 3-1 lead, and it's unlikely we can overcome that deficit with the injuries we've suffered.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Krech gets a pass from me because of his injury, but our other best forwards (Marchand, Pastrnak and Bergeron) all need to be better. Bergeron needs to score some more garbage goals, because Lord knows he's not sniping 'em this season. Pasta's timing has been off, but I feel he could break out any game now, and his goal last game is surely a good start. The player who really concerns me and looks completely off colour is Marchand. I am feeling pessimistic about the prospects of him suddenly turning his game around, so hopefully the other guys can step up and extend the series long enough for Marchy to find his form.

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
Pasta has been absolutely fine for me. He has 3 points in 3 games and yeah he hasn't looked good at some points but the effort is there and he is producing. Marchand has sucked, he's done nothing for the past two games but take stupid penalties. I don't know what's Bergy's problem but he needs to play better. Krejci clearly isn't 100% but he needs to at least try harder

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Definitely cannot dig a hole this time. A healthy Bs team is superior to Ottawa, but unfortunately they have injuries to key players in an area they are weak to begin with. Despite that, the Bs could very well be up 3-0 in this series had it not been for a choke and of course what happened last game. Bs simply have to play smarter given that they have a thin roster at the moment. Secondly, they absolutely must play all 60 mins as if it's do or die. They failed to do that in the two games they lost.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
I have confidence that all of Marchand, Bergeron and Pastrnak will all step up in game 4.

When your D is this shorthanded, you have to be putting up some goals to compensate. We really need our O to get white hot to get us by this injury period.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
The Bruins need some Grit and Tenacity, some sandpaper. They appear heartless at times. Their missing a Lucic and Oreilly type a player willing to throw a hit to change the momentum or someone who bleeds Black and Gold with their hustle and determination.

They have the skill despite being incredibly shorthanded on the back end, to still beat this senator team but Marchand in particular needs to pick it up. I don't know if he's hurt or not but the unforced turnovers and lack of effort by him is unacceptable if he's not!

They also need to dump the puck into Karlsson corner and Bang him as often as they can.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Although it's not technically must win, it is for this club at this juncture. Now that we are in it, I would really love to see them pull out this series. Feels like it would really huge for them going forward.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
play like they did from the midway point of the 2nd onward (not counting OT) and the boys will win

I predict this will happen

4-2 B`s, empty netter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad