Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 3: WSH at New York Rangers - Swiss Cheese Neckbeard

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
POTG - Brassard

His creativity continues to wow me. I had my doubts about him, but he is really fitting in here and doing good for himself.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Don't worry. None of them will post. They will only show up when we lose.

I know one that was saying how bad we were on the stream and then immediately jumped to saying how good we are etc.

exactly what i was thinking. with 4 goals in this game, we're definitely favorites to win the CUP!

I'm just tired of these guys saying how sucky we are. If they hate the team then quit being a fan.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
I had to watch that last PK on mute. I couldn't take it. I almost frenched my sister.

Jubilation baby! Thank God my dad wasn't in the room.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
What a game. Let's face it, we ****ing sucked 5 on 5 but we scored 4 and that should always be enough. Let's get this thing back to Washington evened up. Great job by Boyle and Brassard tonight.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I only got to watch the 3rd, can someone give me some opinions on how they played? Staal looked a little iffy to me

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
What a game. Let's face it, we ****ing sucked 5 on 5 but we scored 4 and that should always be enough. Let's get this thing back to Washington evened up. Great job by Boyle and Brassard tonight.

If "we ****ing sucked 5 on 5" we wouldn't have gotten all the powerplays. The only reason we got them was because we pressured them like crazy at times 5-on-5. So that theory holds no water. If we don't pressure them and play well, than we don't get the PPs, and we probably don't win the game.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Oh my god, I just realized...that was a bang bang play where Ribeiro passed to Ward who one-touch passed it right across to Backstrom who had an OPEN net, but for some crazy reason, he didn't get his full stick on it! It was SO close!!! Thank god we hung on.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Embellishment by OV there, but I can't really call him out for it because Cally has been doing that this season.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I actually got choked up watching Brassard come out to take the first star. I love him so much :)

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
It feels so good shutting them down after that flop + all the caps fans crying like little girls after every little thing.

I just might hate them more than devils fans, Seriously.

In Disgust

Oct 25, 2010
pyatt was ABYSMAL. I never understood the hate before, but my goodness, what a detriment to the team. Boyle was big, key face offs and plays too. Brassard, Moore, and of course Hank really shined.

Kershaw

Team is still terrible though. This is 2011 series redux. Totally irrelevant at ES. Hope and pray for some more fortuitous bounces is only way we win this series.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Neither team has played all that well in the series. And, the Capitals big guns have been pretty much held in check, as it often goes. It's the Jason Chimeras of that team that do the most damage.

Listening to Dave Strader was a marked improvement and a whole lot more enjoyable than the non-stop caterwauling of Mike Emrick.

*Bob Richards*

Ovechkin may have been bow legged on that, but Richards absolutely has to keep his stick down there. Way too close to his face.

z1co80

The Incredible Hank
Nov 30, 2007
Scotland
It was a definite penalty for Richards but Ovechkin threw his head back like it was the ****ing death scene out of Platoon.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Ovechkin has never had a care for his opponent's well being. It's sickening to watch. He has thrown so many high hits, knee on knee hits, and tried to run Hank today.

He will forever be known as a playoff choker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad