Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 3 - In Jaroslav We Trust ( just stay in the net) B's 3 - Canes 1 F - B's lead series 2-1

aguineapig

In a far away land on a frozen sheet of ice, without their top shooter and stopper, they banded together for battle. They fought for their pride, they fought for their jersey, they fought for each other. They played like Bruins. And they won.

JARO! JARO! JARO! JARO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Not sure about the rest of you, but the rest of the games this weekend will be so much more enjoyable to watch now the Bruins played a great game and have a 2-1 series lead. As for the other series the teams I am cheering to win are: Philadelphia, NY Islanders, Columbus, Vancouver, Calgary, Colorado and Vegas.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Studnicka had a pretty good game. No points, but he seemed to play well. I wasn't isolating him during game play, but I did notice a few instances where his play without the puck was smart – went to the right areas to keep the play alive, and provide support, etc.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Can't believe Coyle's already played 30 playoff games for us.

Coyle makes less than William Nylander. I can't seem to process that information.

And Nylander has been with Toronto five seasons, played 25 playoff games, and has 17 points, -1, and zero series wins.

Coyle 19 points, +6, three series wins (and counting) with Boston in two seasons

:laugh:

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Pasta hopefully in.

My boy Bjork out.

That’s all. 2nd and 3rd lines were showing a lot
of chemistry. 1st line will be back when Pasta returns
I kind of feel sorry for Bjork. He was playing really well with Bergy and March. 2nd penalty I thought was pretty questionable and the 3rd I think he had his stick in the wrong place at the right time. Unfortunately it may cost him a roster spot when Pasta comes back unless Butch chooses to take his experience over Studnika. I didnt see anyone else in tonight's lineup that deserves to sit when Pasta comes back. Great compete level by everyone our there.

Reactions: BMC and Dabruins

Geordie Bruin

Dec 27, 2018
Newcastle
Men against boys for 40 minutes. Bodies on the line when we needed it and when he stayed in his net, Jaro was money!

Play off Krech continues to be the best player on the ice with Coyle not far behind. Excellent games from the depth players too, Nordy, Kuraly and Lindholm all over the ice.

Fair play to Mrazek, kept it from being Montreal v Philly embarrassing. I’m sure he’ll love being benched again by Roid for game 4.

Hope Svech is not completely f***ed, never like to see an injury like that. Looked a good battle in front, solid from Zee, tough break for Svech, just an unlucky play for him and then the refs face.

The constant whining and theatrics from the Canes is covering up their biggest problem, they aren’t as good as the Bruins.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I kind of feel sorry for Bjork. He was playing really well with Bergy and March. 2nd penalty I thought was pretty questionable and the 3rd I think he had his stick in the wrong place at the right time. Unfortunately it may cost him a roster spot when Pasta comes back unless Butch chooses to take his experience over Studnika. I didnt see anyone else in tonight's lineup that deserves to sit when Pasta comes back. Great compete level by everyone our there.

Stud shouldnt be touched. 3rd line was topnotch

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Can’t wait to hear Bitch some more’s complaining after this one

Rod won't stop until he sees this (originally posted on reddit Bruins)

81h1rm5tfvg51.png

Reactions: BMC and bbfan419

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Just an incredible team effort from the 2nd on. Coyle/Krejci/Halak (even with the gaffe) were the standouts. Chara was much better today.

Bergeron's hands are so off still, he's making the right reads and is skating well but he's flubbing so many shots.

Bjork... think you have to sit him after that one. It makes the decision on who is up on the top line very interesting if Pasta is still out.

Honestly, I'd go with Studnicka. Feels like the Seguin moment with TB series. Let the kid loose with Marchand and Bergeron. Put Bjork back where he had chemistry with Coyle.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Based on today's game, if Pasta can go Monday, I'd keep Studnicka in and sit Bjork. See what Stud can do, and if he falters, go back with Bjork, who will then have something to prove. One thing I like about Bjork is his tenacious puck pursuit. If Stud can match that, he might be a good fit for Coyle's RW.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Honestly, I'd go with Studnicka. Feels like the Seguin moment with TB series. Let the kid loose with Marchand and Bergeron. Put Bjork back where he had chemistry with Coyle.
That's what I'd do but I think Cassidy will play it more conservatively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad