Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 3 - B's get robbed in OT - Ottawa leads series 2-1

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
It's 2-1, we could well have been up 3-0. They've played like **** for a lot of the series but still had enough opportunities to win (also officiating has been more horrible against us than against the Sens in every game so far). If we get one or two guys back and some of the guys we have step up a bit more we can easily win this in 6.

Sure we can do it but honestly to this point in the series the sens have been the slightly better team . I think they were better in 1 and 3 and us in game 2 .

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Both Marchand and Schaller took punches to the face and in the shot you can see Peel shaking his head no, then he calls that punch in OT.

It's not something people should be able to get over. It's exactly how not to officiate. In the NHL playoffs, it should be inexcusable. It tarnishes the Stanley Cup. It has to be better.

He ****ing SMILED at Marchand. Bet he smiled as they left the ice after the OT winner as well, seeing who scored it.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Sure we can do it but honestly to this point in the series the sens have been the slightly better team . I think they were better in 1 and 3 and us in game 2 .

First game was even at worst. We were much better in the first period, they dominated the second period (still didn't have many more great chances than they scored on in that game) and we were much better in the third as well.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Tough pill to swallow considering the Bruins were doing so well despite such a terrible defense. Clearly deserved better than to lose in OT by a PP goal after a weak call.

This....Bruins playing above their skill level given lack of experienced D men and egregious call was the deciding factor...this ref should never be allowed to officiate any round of playoffs.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Can I get that clip of Ryan's elbow/Nash' s punch and the Methot/Schaller encounter together?

Toss in the one where the ref grins at Marchand after he's punched, as if to say "Don't worry, we've set the bar, we'll keep it"

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Chara way too slow. Cross stopped instead of playing through Ryan. Cassidy in love with Moore and Nash. Can't beat the trap without speed and possession.

How do people keep blaming Chara, imagine if he wasn't there to play 30 minutes a night, meanwhile let's bring up a 28 year old minor leaguer, 3 NHL games on his resume, no hockey IQ and way to slow. Without Chara this team doesn't stand a chance, same as their odds with Cross in the lineup, but hey, nice guy.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Plenty of people to blame... That, Cross watching him score... and I understand the call was horrendous, but in overtime, if you're Rielly Nash, you can't ****ing retaliate there. So, so, so ****ing selfish and dumb.

Really frustrating that they ignore Ryan's elbow, embellish, and their threshold, but c'mon man... ****. Boneheaded.

I disagree. The officials set their standards on what was going to be called and that wasn't gonna be called. Much rather he let Ryan know it wasn't acceptable than sit there and take his ****.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Team played like **** in first....pasta gets nailed from behind and nothint...yet a cheap penalty decides it in overtime.. Gotta love the refs

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Shawn Michaels and Dolph Ziggler could learn a thing or two from that Bobby Ryan sell job.

Yet Nash no selling like Taker back in the day that forearm shiver to the chin

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I disagree. The officials set their standards on what was going to be called and that wasn't gonna be called. Much rather he let Ryan know it wasn't acceptable than sit there and take his ****.

Not to mention Schaller got sent to the box for taking two punches to the face and not responding. Not sure what the players were supposed to think was acceptable.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Big game that had meaning that the Bs had to win, I should have known.

20 shots, pps almost the same, shouldnt have even been in the game.

No one to blame but themselves.

They were the better team for the final 35+ minutes of the game. There's a reason games aren't a period long.

Such a tired, and frankly stupid go to excuse instead of calling it how it really is. And that was a competitive game that was ruined due to poor inconsistent officiating at the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad