Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 3 - B's get robbed in OT - Ottawa leads series 2-1

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
That matching call on Schaller was the worst by far. He was trying to stay disciplined. Expected to be rewarded for it. Instead he got hit in the face twice and still went to the box for standing there and getting hit. Refs were right there. Saw it all. Somehow puts him in the box when they know he did absolutely nothing. Sorry but that is an agenda at work. That's not mere incompetence. I really think the league needs to get Tim Peel out. He is awful at his job.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Wally didn't go to bed early for this ****!

****ing, how can officials be so garbage? It's literally mind boggling.

jrbz88

Mar 13, 2008
Martha's Vineyard
Nash should not have retaliated but good Lord..if I did not know better , I would have thought Ryan just got shot with a 357 magnum, that was Emmy worthy.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Big game that had meaning that the Bs had to win, I should have known.

20 shots, pps almost the same, shouldnt have even been in the game.

No one to blame but themselves.

Hopedalebru

Mar 21, 2017
People need to stop whining about Cross. Yeah he sucks - he's a 28 year old d-man who's never been able to get a spot in the NHL. What did you expect? He's what - our 10th option? Who else are we calling up? OGara?

Our defense is completely depleted. And Ottawa still needs the refs to help them win.

It's all ********. Habs are going to have the easiest time with them if they win

Why was he 9n the ice in that Situation?

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Still so mad...

Just knew it would happen after Pasta got cross checked in front of the net by Wideman on a possible rebound. No call.

Seconds later, Karlsson hook Moore, no call.

The the elbow from Ryan, Nash respond with a light punch, Sens got away with matches and 4 on 4 all game long for worse, but the Bruins get a PK out of this then the goal by that wusses Ryan to cap it off.

Habs, Leafs, Sens and Oilers leading 2-1. League must be very happy.

Anyone on the Bruins has to go all balestic and take the fine over this hand job. Still so mad...

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
It's 2-1, we could well have been up 3-0. They've played like **** for a lot of the series but still had enough opportunities to win (also officiating has been more horrible against us than against the Sens in every game so far). If we get one or two guys back and some of the guys we have step up a bit more we can easily win this in 6.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Really tired of refs just making it up as they go along. How you can call that in OT and not call all the other gloved punches to the face and sleep at night is beyond me.

Amazing how many hard punches that were thrown our way and they call that crap . Plus Pasta gets obviously cross checked hard on a chance and that is ok .

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
this team coming home after the bad loss and they put up this totally pathetic first period inexcuseable.
this team is going golfing very soon but hey at least they got a home playoff series. Maybe we were not so lucky to get the sens after all

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
No consistency from the referees tonight at all. ******** matching penalties, soft penalties on both sides, and similar plays called differently all game ruined this game. Frustrating.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Really tired of refs just making it up as they go along. How you can call that in OT and not call all the other gloved punches to the face and sleep at night is beyond me.

Flagarent hook on Moore going in on forecheck and vicious cross check not called. Vatrano going in alone late in 2nd with his stick held. 2 flagarent punches to the head by Methot. I could go on and on. They let all that go and then call that ticky tack **** to end the game. Someone should put a highlight package of this **** together and send it to the league for some kind of explanation. Absolutely disgracefull!

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Both Marchand and Schaller took punches to the face and in the shot you can see Peel shaking his head no, then he calls that punch in OT.

It's not something people should be able to get over. It's exactly how not to officiate. In the NHL playoffs, it should be inexcusable. It tarnishes the Stanley Cup. It has to be better.

NSBruinFan

Jul 17, 2006
Cape Breton, NS
Cross got caught....good old give and go should not have fooled him.

Nash should not have chanced a little love tap in OT. Yes, he took a shoulder to the head...take a number.....and take a run at Ryan in the first period the next game.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Seriously though, Moore chasing Karlsson behind the net is so monumentally stupid I'll never forget it.

Plenty of people to blame... That, Cross watching him score... and I understand the call was horrendous, but in overtime, if you're Rielly Nash, you can't ****ing retaliate there. So, so, so ****ing selfish and dumb.

Really frustrating that they ignore Ryan's elbow, embellish, and their threshold, but c'mon man... ****. Boneheaded.

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton
Cross got caught....good old give and go should not have fooled him.

Nash should not have chanced a little love tap in OT. Yes, he took a shoulder to the head...take a number.....and take a run at Ryan in the first period the next game.

It was the BS call that lead to the goal but Cross was so bad on that. We need Krug, Carlo, and McQuaid back in the worst way.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Let's stop whining about the officiating. Badly reffed games are not that uncommon for any team. We didn't play a good game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad