GDT: ECQF GAME 2 - B's blow a 2 goal lead and lose in OT 4-3 - Series tied 1-1

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Proud of the boys. Thought they had zero chance in that game...then subtract McQuaid early. Amazing it went to OT.

Rask has got to be great for this team to have any chance. That's a fact.

Kinda funny people were talking Clode implosion...Tuukka is still here and was right along for all that.

Listen, we wouldn't be 1-1 without him, this game is not on him...but that last swing of goals fits the narrative.

Hopefully this isn't the beginning of the standard downturn. He is shaky mentally. Shake it off.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
You know things are bad on D when Morrow was out with K.Miller to start the PK in OT.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I blame Chara for taking the dumbest ****ing penalty I've ever seen in my life. Seriously, that can't happen in the PRESEASON. Then I blame Marchand for trying to do way too much all game long. His creativity is great, but he needs to use it sparingly. Several times this game he made some dumbass play and lost possession instead of passing it to the open man.

Passing was atrocious all game long.

Plenty of blame to go around, sadly. Mostly Chara, though. 12 seconds left, already down to 5 D, and you take the worst penalty with no ****ing pressure whatsoever from any opponent. Urgh.
Was hoping Rask's grin after the two hit posts indicated he would be beastly after that, but pretty much the first shot beat him.

I'll take 1-1 with so many injuries. Sadly not sure guys returning will improve our play much, but it doesn't really need to either.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Hard fought game by Boston. Taking a split back home is worth being proud of. Could have had this one... too bad. Couple mistakes that are bound to happen to a tired group.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
Bruins should look into getting some transparent dmen, maybe Rask would be able to see the puck for once.

It's not that he didn't saw the 2nd Sens goal, that was just weak. After the 2nd Sens goal he lost his cool and was pretty shaky. Should not happen to an elite goaltender but we all know he has weak nerves.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Bruins should look into getting some transparent dmen, maybe Rask would be able to see the puck for once.

A goalie can let five goals in and have a fantastic game if he makes the right save at the right time. Rask is a luongo style goalie. Be in the right position and hope it hits you. A very good goalie, but great goalies make the save when it matters most. 2 goals Rask should have had. The team in front of him earned a win. They out hustled and out worked Ottawa the entire game. Every single player.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Would like to see a replay of Phaneuf keeping that puck in, looked like it might have came out. Surprised that they didn't challenge it, nothing to lose.

I thought it did too, but he kept it in with his skate on the replay.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Proud of the boys. Thought they had zero chance in that game...then subtract McQuaid early. Amazing it went to OT.

Rask has got to be great for this team to have any chance. That's a fact.

Kinda funny people were saying the Clode implosion...Tuukka is still here and was right along for all that.

Listen, we wouldn't be 1-1 without him, this game is not on him...but that last swing of goals fits the narrative.

Hopefully this isn't the beginning of the standard downturn.

I'd usually agree with this, but being up 3-1 into the 3rd, aND not being able to close it out is a total sour taste. If they came out and just got beat, it's different.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
A goalie can let five goals in and have a fantastic game if he makes the right save at the right time. Rask is a luongo style goalie. Be in the right position and hope it his you. A very good goalie, but great goalies make the save when it matters most. 2 goals Rask should have had. The team in front of him earned a win. They out hustled and out worked Ottawa the entire game. Every single player.

There was a third period you know...

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Could Rask have been better on one or two of those? Sure.

But there's plenty of blame to go around.

Love all these guys, but - Pastrnak struggled controlling the puck; Marchand had numerous questionable decisions, including not shooting or getting the puck deep toward the end of the PK in OT and that awful soft clear up the middle of the ice; and for the life of me I can't figure out what Chara was thinking shooting the puck over the glass at the end of regulation, under little to no duress.

Sure, we'll take the split. It just stings because it could have been more.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Tough loss....but if anyone told you no defense and no krejci and tied 1-1 you'd be ecstatic.

Let's hope to.get healthy for a change...no reason not to twin both home games

^This.

Before the B's went to Ottawa I would have been thrilled with having one of the two games.

Hopefully we will soon get back a few dmen and DK

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Tough loss but they're heading home with home ice. Hopefully one of McQuaid, Carlo or Miller gets back soon.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Should have won. Didn't. Unfortunately Ottawa now has momentum from a comeback win. We better hope some of the injured are ready to play Monday.

At least it wasn't a triple OT loss. Silver lining? At least kinda gray-ish?

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
People blaming Tuukka really need to watch the save on Karlsson. It was labelled and Tuukka got it with the blocker, then off the post. Can't stop every bomb...although I wish he could have held on to the one that popped out of his glove.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad