BRUINS GDT ECQF GAME 2 BRUINS @ Whalercanes (1) - PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I keep hearing all this blah blah blah about better teams and X and O and stuff... but what does any of it matter when one team can play totally illegal hockey and not only get away with it but also benefit from it? I mean this is really the crux here. If this was played by NHL rules this is not a 4-2 or 5-2 loss.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Most frustrating part about this group is knowing what they can do, seeing glimpses of it, but then watching 2 full periods of low effort and low desperation play with a spark when it’s too late.

I don’t know how to handle the refs situation though. It was not consistent at all here and if I was a player I wouldn’t know how to process what you can/can’t do based on this game

Reactions: Over the volcano

Bleached

🚀
Oct 3, 2018
They played the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes. It's just those pesky 40 minutes in between

Reactions: BMC

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I don’t know how anyone thinks we can win this series

Without Lindholm

We where 2 D short before the series started now where 3 D short

Lindholm is probably the 5th most valuable player on team

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I hope so, but you are talking a 26-3 goal advantage in the last 5 games. for Carolina. They just seem to know how to score against the Bruins. Some teams are just a bad matchup, and for the Bruins this is it.
Yep. About as bad a matchup as the Bs could have. The season and playoff goal totals certainly reflect that.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Swayman will be in on Friday and we will likely see Reilly in.

Won't be surprised to see Wagner or Blidh or even both of them in as well.

Reactions: TobanWest

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Still waiting for the Foligno that’s supposed to turn into the Hulk, or whatever. I’ll even take him turning into a hockey player.

Trent Frederic for a guy who should be of value during this time of the year makes Danton Heinen look like Tom Wilson.

Reactions: shoulders7

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Too many guys on this roster are the dog who barks like crazy when there's something separating them from what they are barking at and once it's gone become the tame little thing they really are.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
So they didn't show up again and get a lead. Same result with one more goal. Not even close really Bruins. Guess they have to win 4 of 5 against Carolina.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Too little too late.

At least they went out swinging.

Rookie goalie steps in and stops the stops that need to be made.

Not saying it's Ullmark's fault, because I don't think it is.

But 1-2 more saves this game is the difference.

Gotta try something different or we just head down the same road.

First line reunited is the beginning, but we gotta do something to change it up.

Reactions: Carl Hungus

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Can we all agree it makes no sense to start Ullmark game 3?

I’m not saying anything it’s his fault. But what I am saying is he rotated the spot with another goalie almost the entire year and only recently did Cassidy decide he had “the edge” over Swayman. And they’re down 2-0 this series. Why would he now get 3 games in a row?

If you’re not going to make a change now, then when and what?

Reactions: Razputyn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad