BRUINS GDT ECQF GAME 2 BRUINS @ Whalercanes (1) - NESN, ESPN, SN360, TVAS2, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I did blame Sweeney

Yes, you did.

I was pleased with Sweeney's moves prior and at the deadline. I still am.

Whatever else happens going forward, ultimate responsibility rests, as it should, on ownership and management.

I do not fault "Sweens" (ugh) for signing Nick. I fault him for signing Nick that contract. Even before the January 1 "reset," for which Cassidy deserves great credit, I was okay with Haula and more than okay with Nosek.

At this point I'll pass on Reilly but take him as depth D. I liked the Josh Brown signing, again as depth and regular season size and brawn going forward.

I love the Lindholm deal-- not perfect, but damn good; 28; signed long term. I even like the DeBrusk signing. If Jake still wants out, which is likely, the Bruins put him where he wanted, and evidently deserved, to be -- on the first line. The signing also made trading Jake, whose stock has of course risen considerably, easier for other clubs to swallow, and send back significant return.

That is a far cry from a guy at Donahue's bar and grill, here in Watertown, dismissing DeBrusk (as I did, not that long ago), as perhaps worth a bag of pucks in return.

Add the undrafted college signings, which have become a successful hallmark of the Boston Bruins organization going back to Peter Chiarelli. Finally, add an ability, or perhaps the inherited luck, of signing pillars of the Boston Bruins, whether Patrice, Brad, or most recently, Charlie (who at 9 million is worth evert penny, and would have fetched much more on the open market).

There's modest hope on the prospect horizon with Fabian, Beecher, Marc McGlaughlin, and that other guy (there's an "M" and an "E" in there somewhere.) There's also a potentially stable and even excellent goaltending tandem in Ullmark and Swayman for years to come.

We all know the shortcomings. Which have been considerable.

I can recite here. But do your own damn work.

So, I still want to get rid of SweeNeely. Yet, sincere credit where due.

And, of course, it's 4-1 as I post.

"Good night. And good luck,"

:bruins :deadhorse

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Looking forward to that leadership Foglino I’d here for...
The guy is uesless on the ice. Great guy off the ice, but things I thought he would bring to the team, are non existent. He used to have fire, he used to hound the puck. Now he's happy just to dump the puck in so someone else can go get it.

Reactions: Gordoff

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
Congrats, we're officially the early 2000s smurf Habs.

Get rid of all the physical players for speedy guys with "skill" because physical play is old fashioned in the new NHL... and now we have neither skill nor toughness
I mean, are we honestly that fast outside a few guys?

The announcers rightfully pointed out that Carolina looked much quicker out there tonight.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1651712576388.png

• Wow
Reactions: Maine Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events